• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 Making a return?

4non

Platinum
Reaction score

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Although somewhat vague, the last statement: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/the-advantages-of-the-1-8-update-or-1-8-day-24-update.169847/

I do recall admins previously saying something on the lines of "we will not be reverting back to 1.7", but I'm far too lazy to search for it now.
Besides, it won't make a difference.
As always, there will be supporters and dissenters in any decision, but I feel that 1.8 has earned an unfairly negative reputation amongst people who are simply too used to how things were. As such, I hope that this list, along with everything we do with 1.8, will help offer a counter perspective to everyone who blindly hates the update.

On the first day of the 1.8 update, Devin (and I) described the general process for Minecraft updates: “large update comes, large updates cause temporary problems, devs fix the problems, everyone enjoys the update afterwards”. And just as history predicted, that came true.

1.8 is here to stay; whether you choose to accept that and adapt to it, or dig in your heels and refuse to change, is up to you. But for the MCGamer Network, we choose to embrace the change, and we want to focus on the benefits that 1.8 has to bring us.
The only thing he stated in there is that 1.8 will stay, no matter what. Nowhere in there did he say that there is absolutely no chance of 1.7 coming back. 1.8 would never have been replaced by 1.7 yes, so why not take advantage of both and have it dual run on 1.7 and 1.8?

Regarding your downgrading statement. Why would we do it? Because players asked for it as the 1.8 PvP system is crap in their opinion. In addition, it's impossible for the devs to incorporate 1.9 elements if none of those have been released yet.

Unless you can find a post in which a member of the administration actually said that we will never be returning or co-running 1.7, you have no reason to call us unprofessional.

Then lastly regarding hacked clients; it is true that the hackers will have access again to the 1.7 hacked clients, but will it actually matter? Ever since we upgraded, those clients upgraded as well. It took some time, but I'm fairly sure that there are a bunch of 1.8 clients out there by now ready to be used. Nothing stops a hacker, not even a version update. At most, they'll start using older versions again, but that doesn't mean that the amount of hackers will increase. They have always found a way to get back on the servers.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score

The only thing he stated in there is that 1.8 will stay, no matter what. Nowhere in there did he say that there is absolutely no chance of 1.7 coming back. 1.8 would never have been replaced by 1.7 yes, so why not take advantage of both and have it dual run on 1.7 and 1.8?

Regarding your downgrading statement. Why would we do it? Because players asked for it as the 1.8 PvP system is crap in their opinion. In addition, it's impossible for the devs to incorporate 1.9 elements if none of those have been released yet.

Unless you can find a post in which a member of the administration actually said that we will never be returning or co-running 1.7, you have no reason to call us unprofessional.

Then lastly regarding hacked clients; it is true that the hackers will have access again to the 1.7 hacked clients, but will it actually matter? Ever since we upgraded, those clients upgraded as well. It took some time, but I'm fairly sure that there are a bunch of 1.8 clients out there by now ready to be used. Nothing stops a hacker, not even a version update. At most, they'll start using older versions again, but that doesn't mean that the amount of hackers will increase. They have always found a way to get back on the servers.
There are several other accounts of the MCGamer administrative team being unprofessional, so I do have reason.
I may not have the right to do it in this case, however.
And what I meant by incorporating 1.9 elements is planning ahead - using whatever information has been released to attempt to think of how to incorporate it into the game to improve it instead of downgrading.
As with the hacked clients, I'm not concerned at all about blatant hackers. The main issue is ghost clients - many of them (such as <snip>) is available exclusively in 1.7, and can remain completely undetectable.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh boy, MCSG is adding backwards compatibility for both 1.8 AND 1.7 hacked clients!
Not only will the amount of tryhards, toxicity, and cheating increase, the MCSG administration is here to ensure that players can't avoid it!

That's right - instead of removing gamemodes nobody liked, such as Deadly Descent and ZedChase, they decided to remove the half-decent ones such as SGC and QQ!

You'll be forced to play MCSG, as everything else is awful!

And what you've been waiting for, to put icing on the cake... AN EVEN WORSE HUB!

I'm stoked.

This is actually so unbelievably accurate it hurts

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score

You're joking right?

Even the post that 4non linked says that, don't take it out of context. The post was made after the full switch to 1.8. It is directly referring to the full update to 1.8, and says "It is here to stay".

Did the staff say that 1.7 would not return? MANY times. Does reverting back to it make you unprofessional? Not necessarily.

Eathuis

Survivor
Reaction score
To move forwards we move backwards? I don't see the logic.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd like to note that I'd much rather have 1.7 instead of 1.8 for my personal reasons (being awful at PvP in 1.8), but I notice that there would be serious complications in the present and the future.

That's all.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
To move forwards we move backwards? I don't see the logic.
I'd like to note that I'd much rather have 1.7 instead of 1.8 for my personal reasons (being awful at PvP in 1.8), but I notice that there would be serious complications in the present and the future.

That's all.
What complications?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci