• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 Making a return?

Eathuis

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like to note that I'd much rather have 1.7 instead of 1.8 for my personal reasons (being awful at PvP in 1.8), but I notice that there would be serious complications in the present and the future.

That's all.
Especially with the 1.9 combat update, which knowing Mojang, won't be released within the next decade.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Especially with the 1.9 combat update, which knowing Mojang, won't be released within the next decade.
We'd need to update to the combat update regardless of the version we're on.

There's no real reason to hate the addition of 1.7 into the servers.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
holy crap i just realised invis fire is back, im willing to sacrifice my fps for iron bars and glowstone <33333

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
SGC and QQ are outdated maps from mcsg that no one likes
This is such a false statement. The development that went into QQ is honestly so under looked, I can't even imagine how hard that must have been. I admit, it was laggy, but I played it on occasion. SGC is a little more upsetting to me, because those maps bring back so many memories for v1 players. Luckily those maps are still apart of normal SG.

Normally I'd have an opinion but honestly I cannot really form one worth sharing. So I'm just
going to bystand and read.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
What complications?
  • Upgrading to 1.9 - it's going to be the same issue. Players will not want to update because they're already used to 1.7, and this has proven to be true. It's happened multiple times in the past: When 1.7 was released, people longed for 1.6 back. When 1.8 was released, people longed for 1.7 back. The staff gave in, I suppose.
  • Staying in the past, as a network that attempts to remain remotely populated, is extremely difficult. It's true that there are outdated servers that are successful in Minecraft, but they only have very few players. This stays true with any game - do you see as many players on CS:S/CS 1.6 servers?
  • Many maps will have to be removed, revamped, or somehow made exclusive to 1.8 players unnecessarily. Not only is this a huge waste of time for the Map Committee, but it also unfairly removes/remodels maps that people put time/effort into etc.
lmao, you must be new, nobody likes sg1 and sg2? What r u gonna say, valleyside is better than them? smh
SG1/SG2 are beautiful.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
  • Upgrading to 1.9 - it's going to be the same issue. Players will not want to update because they're already used to 1.7, and this has proven to be true. It's happened multiple times in the past: When 1.7 was released, people longed for 1.6 back. When 1.8 was released, people longed for 1.7 back. The staff gave in, I suppose.
  • Staying in the past, as a network that attempts to remain remotely populated, is extremely difficult. It's true that there are outdated servers that are successful in Minecraft, but they only have very few players. This stays true with any game - do you see as many players on CS:S/CS 1.6 servers?
  • Many maps will have to be removed, revamped, or somehow made exclusive to 1.8 players unnecessarily. Not only is this a huge waste of time for the Map Committee, but it also unfairly removes/remodels maps that people put time/effort into etc.
SG1/SG2 are beautiful.
exactly.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
lmao, you must be new, nobody likes sg1 and sg2? What r u gonna say, valleyside is better than them? smh
SG2 is actually my favorite map tyvm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci