• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do you have to be 15 to apply for Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Maturity.
The whole thread should have just ended at this one post. Maturity is the reason why we have age limits.

Also, do you really think that the majority of the MCSG community would take an enormous group of 13 and 14 year old mods enforcing the rules seriously? Yeah. No.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Labor laws don't affect age, only the proportion of age to hours worked. Most businesses only hire 15-16+ though.
Are you forgetting child labor laws? Without much research I can tell you that there are such laws in most of the developed countries. Also in certain countr(y/ies, Canada) some laws do directly affect age, with consent from the parents.

On topic: A 15 year old on average has experienced more aspects of life than a 13 year old has. Perhaps I have no problem with the current age limit for a couple of reasons, I am neither interested in being a moderator nor is age a concern for me. That said, if you really feel that you deserve a shot and your age is holding you back talk to an administrator.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
Are you forgetting child labor laws? Without much research I can tell you that there are such laws in most of the developed countries. Also in certain countr(y/ies, Canada) some laws do directly affect age, with consent from the parents.

On topic: A 15 year old on average has experienced more aspects of life than a 13 year old has. Perhaps I have no problem with the current age limit for a couple of reasons, I am neither interested in being a moderator nor is age a concern for me. That said, if you really feel that you deserve a shot and your age is holding you back talk to an administrator.
I'd personally wait until you're 14.

cmclay

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm 14, one of the most maturest person in my grade, yet I don't think I'm qualified. I'm not mature enough. I would have applied already, but I want to be sure that I can be active and be mature. Which is why the age is required to be 15.
most maturiest ?

TLerDaily

Platinum
Reaction score
Question answered, thread locked.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci