• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do you have to be 15 to apply for Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
For age exceptions the best person to contact is an admin on the teamspeak. If you don't know already the teamspeak IP is ts.mcgamer.net
Or write a paragraph after your app, telling why you are an exception

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
As an ex sr.mod threads like this bug me as many of them have been made before but most of all because it is basically a thread going " I got rejected for mod because I am too young just like most players on these servers and I am proving I am not mature enough looking for attention all because I can't be a moderator."

In all seriousness being a mod is not the end of the world and you can just report players just like a lot of other players. When I looked at mod apps players who do a lot of report abuses were usually noticed by me straight away and I could get a better insight into the person as well due to the fact that we can see if they notice hackers and rule breakers straight away as opposed to supposed "hackers"

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
what steps can be taken if 13 to become a moderator
Make yourself known by the staff team. They will see what kind of person you are and that can help you in your application process. You also need to be known for the right things so make sure you remain active and help out the staff where possible by reporting players and helping out people on teamspeak(where possible) and answering questions in the general support section (once again where possible)

Also email an admin with any further questions you have and ask bic or col star for advice on exceptions.

Usmodlover

Survivor
Reaction score
Our community needs Mature people who has enough experience to moderate. I believe its fine the way it is because when you hit around 15 you get more mature. Its not always true, I see many mature younglings. I just think that's how MCSG thinks :D

SimplyToTheMax

Platinum
Reaction score
As people have stated before, the MCGamer higher staff wants mature and just high quality staff.

D

Damien // Teepwn

Maturity isn't always associated with age. Of course, it usually is, but there are some exceptions to the rule.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
My humble opinion is 13 1/2 - 14 with A FLAWLESS APPLICATION WHICH RIVALS A STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
Depends where you live. I know someone who is 14 and got a job at Tim Hortons.
Labor laws don't affect age, only the proportion of age to hours worked. Most businesses only hire 15-16+ though.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I turned 14 today, happy birthday to me :D. I applied for mod when I was 13, and was applied due to my age. I personally find this ridiculous since I know I am much more mature then a substantial amount of 15 year olds, and even some mods. They need to stop focusing on age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci