• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WHY did Team Elite revamp the lobby?

Do you like Team Elites revamps?

• Yes! They are awesome!

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • No! I want the COMPLETELY old lobby!

Votes: 60 61.9%
  • Potato!?!?!?!?!?

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How many things have we revamped?

And also, we revamped it because it honestly looked crap. The oldest lobby yes, while it was fun hurhurr, thing about the thousands of new members we have? The old members(quite a few still left), remember it, but the new members will be like "wtf, y deed dis sh* loby get aded?!".

And also, I had actually havent heard any complaints thus far, people were really happy at the beginning, then something happened and people started getting angry? Get yo minds straight. :)
You have to love how an officer of Team Elite is the only one who thinks differently and a member of Team Elite likes this post.

And no, the oldest lobby did not look like crap. Nobody said it was crap back when I played, it was well made and fun. Why do you think we were asking for just the old lobby and not the lobby revamped by Team Elite? I'm not trying to get after Team Elite on this, I don't like getting after build teams because I understand all the hard work they do, but couldn't you have just passed up the project and tried to get the map on the server? Knowing Chad he's a fairly flexible guy. You basically made this lobby into some weird kiddie looking lobby. If you really wanted to make it better, make the floor tiles into wood planks and make the pillars into fancy stone.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
It looked fine. Us older players may love it for the nostalgia but remember we were all once new too. Personally I loved the old lobby when I first saw it.
Personally I think that both lobbies look bad. I want a large, open lobby where you can run around in forever that looks very very good, others want the old lobby, others want the old lobby, revamped. But this "new" ((old)) lobby, revamped or not, is not up to the good standards.

But the thing is, some people decide to go on a server that has a hub/lobby which looks good, not one with a "nostalgic look for the older players to enjoy".

Take for example YouTubers. MCSG is unfortunately not very popular amongst the bigger YouTubers, maybe because there are many maps that look a little too boring in their eyes? And maybe the lobby/hub isn't up to their standards?

Compare the first MCSG lobby with the one Logicalllama submitted, which looks the most interesting?

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But the thing is, some people decide to go on a server that has a hub/lobby which looks good, not one with a "nostalgic look for the older players to enjoy".
Who actually does this?
Take for example YouTubers. MCSG is unfortunately not very popular amongst the bigger YouTubers, maybe because there are many maps that look a little too boring in their eyes? And maybe the lobby/hub isn't up to their standards?
Have you seen the skitscape and xrpmx hubs? They're terrible. I honestly doubt that our hub is the reason most big youtubers don't play here.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, if you wanted to have the beta lobby back, we had revamp it teenny bit. Since this lobby is old, Minecraft has changed its was of generating/loading chunks, the result of adding it to our servers would be the worst loading chunks ever. so part of our job was "re creating" it. Want the VERY first lobby back, no additions, have the worst koading chunks in da world man!

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Watch the first 23 seconds, that is what the old lobby looked like.​

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You all need to calm down! The lobby is not that bad! You still have the founding that everyone teams in...

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Who built the beta lobby? (the original beta lobby) personally I am not a fan of revamps but it is cool to have a different lobby

Purewelshboy1

Career
Reaction score
I am a member of Team elite. I had nothing to do with the revamp of the old SG lobby.

My initial reaction to the team elite revamp was something of a disappointment. However I was glad that the old lobby was coming back anyway (well some of it) I found that the revamp was highly unnecessary. The purpose of the old lobby coming back was because it would give old players the nostalgic feel that we crave for.

I would love it if they just brought back the old, original lobby. It would be amazing to see the original lobby back in action again I mean if you look at the picture Chad posted on his wall it shows the original lobby yet we get something different, I mean what?!

Like I say, if something isn't broken then there's no point messing with it.

(Due to other team elite members arguing with my post I must enlist here that this is my personal opinion, not a factual thing.)

Fnnythe3hd

Platinum
Reaction score
I think Team Elite is a great build team (at least better than I'll ever be), but I don't like the revamped lobby. If you look at the picture that Chad posted ( http://i.imgur.com/JZ9TK9w.png ), you don't see the Team Elite lobby.
I, among others, love the old lobby, and I think it was perfect the way it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci