• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WHY did Team Elite revamp the lobby?

Do you like Team Elites revamps?

• Yes! They are awesome!

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • No! I want the COMPLETELY old lobby!

Votes: 60 61.9%
  • Potato!?!?!?!?!?

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok im going to lay this out straight and I am sick of the negativity and ungratefulness of this community.

Ok where to start. First off chad lost the very original version of the map and gave us the oldest map he could find on his computer which didn't have any stupid party hole or call me maybe lyrics. The lobby was a basic boring thing (no offense to the people who original built it as it was good at the time when the community was smaller" But now our community has gotten a lot bigger so we moved on for the better. Now we listened to what you wanted and chad did to and decided to bring the oldest lobby he had on file back for you guys. He then personally came to us and said to revamp the lobby with more modern minecraft blocks. So we did that we also added back the library parkour as it wasn't in that version. So we didn't remove any party hole or anything you guys think we did as we didn't have those things in the first place.

Secondly we where given a stupidly short time to revamp it. Same with the hub. We were given a few days to build the whole hub without a warning in advance so yes personally Im not fully happy about the way the map turned out. But It will have to do. Also just for the record the whole of TE didn't revamp solar frost 2 or hell games map, 1 or two of our members did. And I personally hate solar frost.

So next time you start complaining and whining that TE ruined this and TE should stop making stuff well take a step back and actually think because there is no need for hurtful comments like that which I personally find offensive as I try my hardest to help this community by bringing you maps. And the way I have seen this community react in this post has made me loose faith in you guys and this used to be a nice friendly community and has really made me consider if I still make maps for you all. So next time you want to comment please get your facts right and remember that most of the community won't even remember the original lobby only the few people who use the forums will.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I am a member of Team elite. I had nothing to do with the revamp of the old SG lobby.
<-- This

My initial reaction to the team elite revamp was something of a disappointment. However I was glad that the old lobby was coming back anyway (well some of it) I found that the revamp was highly unnecessary. The purpose of the old lobby coming back was because it would give old players the nostalgic feel that we crave fa or.
If you wanted the Old Lobby back, a revamp of some sort was necessary. As I said in my post above, Minecraft has changed its ways of generating chunks so when Team Elite received the map, we had to do something to the chunks to make it easier to load.

I would love it if they just brought back the old, original lobby. It would be amazing to see the original lobby back in action again I mean if you look at the picture Chad posted on his wall it shows the original lobby yet we get something different, I mean what?!

Like I say, if something isn't broken then there's no point messing with it.
<-- It was broken.
Lets just stop this, I say that we shouldnt have revamped it that much, some key aspects were taken away. Stop this. Chad wanted it revamped, if you have a problem take it up with him, NOT Team Elite. We did our best. Were only humans. Not super robots that can know exactly what you want.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally have no opinion on this whatsoever. But, what people have been sying in this thread are very offensive. Put yourself in te's shoes. They were suddenly asked to recreate the beta lobby and replace the old blocks with newer ones. They did so. People loved it going on and on about nostalgia and how it brings back the memories. There were a few things left out, but that was beyond their control. People start raging about how much the new lobby sucks. Think about how they must feel. They spent a lot of time on that lobby, and the community says that they hate it. Seriously guys they kept a lot of the old lobby. You should take what you can get.
Rant over.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally don't mind the revamps all that much. Sure I would like to see the original beta lobby, but at the same time the revamps don't bother me due to the fact that what I mainly wanted was just the original structure of the lobby (glass panes, fountain, training rooms, pillars, and the weird window thing off to the left). What bothers me is that this is yet another team elite renovation/map added, without the consent of the community. I do not mean to call out team elite in specific as there are other maps made by other teams that were added without consent of the community. Don't get me wrong, team elite is a good build team; but I can only remember one time where a team elite map/renovation was added with the approval of the community, and that was the lobby (There may have been another case, but that was the first thing that comes to mind in terms of consent of the community).

MCSG is supposed to be a community based server. What should happen is that MCSG adds what the community wants, and it appears that the community wants the actual beta lobby. Sneeze7 does make a great point saying that most new players would not like the original lobby because it would not be up to standards, but that's only an assumption, how about using that handy new poll feature where you can gather proper data, so that revamping the lobby due to community approval becomes a fact instead of an assumption. This same situation goes with the hub. Nobody asked for the hub. I understand that the hub is great for promoting other game types, but again it all comes down to whether or not the community wants it.

I do not mean to call out map makers here as I am a map maker myself, but if the old lobby was not up to standards, why do we keep adding bad maps? Clearly the standards have dropped since beta. The standards were undoubtedly higher in beta, and if the standards were higher why did we have a "bad lobby"? I get that the lobby was bad, but we all loved it anyways. It's like with breeze island, it's not the most fascinating map out there, but majority of people loved it anyways.

The basic point that I am trying to get out here is that next time MCSG should ask the community for what they want, no matter how extreme the change may be.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
As a newer player, the new lobby isn't particularly amazing. I did really like the old lobby park our, but it's nice to see something different. I really enjoyed the bow an arrow glitch, because it turned the lobby in to a mini game, where you could either shoot as many players as possible or run away.

I feel like it could do with some more rooms or parkour for now though.

At least now I can say,"Remember the sky lobby? That was cool, we are cool because we remember it" Just like all the veteran players XD

In the end, the really important thing is the actually maps. If the lobby bores you or you don't like it, you can always browse the web for 2 mins, or donate and joking games with 10 seconds to go=D

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally don't mind the revamps all that much. Sure I would like to see the original beta lobby, but at the same time the revamps don't bother me due to the fact that what I mainly wanted was just the original structure of the lobby, (glass panes, fountain, training rooms, pillars, and the weird window thing off to the left). What bothers me is that this is yet another team elite renovation/map added, without the consent. Don't get me wrong, team elite is a good build team; but I can only remember one time where a team elite map/renovation was added with the approval of the community, and that was the lobby (There may have been another case, but that was the first thing that comes to mind in terms of consent of the community).

MCSG is supposed to be a community based server. What should happen is that MCSG adds what the community wants, and it appears that the community wants the actual beta lobby. Sneeze7 does make a great point saying that most new players would not like the original lobby because it would not be up to standards, but that's only an assumption, how about using that handy new poll feature where you can gather proper data, so that revamping the lobby due to community approval becomes a fact instead of an assumption. This same situation goes with the hub. Nobody asked for the hub. I understand that the hub is great for promoting other game types, but again it all comes down to whether or not the community wants it.

I do not mean to call out map makers here as I am a map maker myself, but if the old lobby was not up to standards, why do we keep adding bad maps? Clearly the standards have dropped since beta. The standards were undoubtedly higher in beta, and if the standards were higher why did we have a "bad lobby"? I get that the lobby was bad, but we all loved it anyways. It's like with breeze island, it's not the most fascinating map out there, but majority of people loved it anyways.

The basic point that I am trying to get out here is that next time MCSG should ask the community for what they want, no matter how extreme the change may be.
TL;DR

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
first of all team elite make things for chad as there are somethings that only i can know what they are for. next as for maps as i have said before we can only add what we are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci