• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To Justahotdog and everyone who accuses croe97 of boosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

Survivor
Reaction score
they bring it upon themselves.
If he's doing 6 man games, he's using the system to his advantage, which doesn't seem fair, but anyone can do it, like they can do it themselves right now if they wanted to. Not saying you should, but if you want to, do it.

Sephirii

Spectator
Reaction score
If he's doing 6 man games, he's using the system to his advantage, which doesn't seem fair, but anyone can do it, like they can do it themselves right now if they wanted to. Not saying you should, but if you want to, do it.
Yes, but they can't team with a senior mod for 200 wins can they?

Reaction score
i remembr wen crow and vanicl tem on m :((
i wasnt sad once i wun the gayme?!?!?!?
(intens screm in bakrond!!!)

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
Some people are just like this, you can't change them or their opinions. Croe is a really nice guy and I'm not sure why anyone would accuse him of doing that. And as Lis said, if he was breaking the rules, something would have happened (eg. demoted or banned).

So to all the croe97 and Jordstar3479 haters, check what you say before you say it.

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
The only reason why croe is being accused, is due to the fact that people are misunderstanding the way he wins, instead of actually looking at more information, as Vepster had said on yannr00s status, croe does go to university and the only time he can play is late at night, making the games he plays, 6 man games, no one is on at the time, and there is nothing wrong with teaming up and having fun either.

If you do impersonate someone to being a booster on the leaderboards, just because they have a bucket load of wins, doesn't mean that you can go accuse them, you gotta look at some background information man, not everyone 'tryhards wins all day' just for the sake of it, there must be a specific reason.

Think before you speak ;-;

Soul

Platinum
Reaction score
(I will provide headings for the sections if some decide that they only want to read parts of it.)

The Valid Arguments

Since DQ wanted my opinion on the matter, I might as well state it, but let me clarify some things.

There are two sides to the situation, those who think croe97 is "boosting," while others think he is not. I can understand where both sides of the argument are coming from and most of them are valid, while some are just downright stupid. For those who do not understand both sides of the argument, and this does not include those people who blurt out random crap because they THINK they know the situation, I will give a general run down.

The valid arguments of the situation are mainly from him having an occasional playing partner, Vanicle | Vanessa, and from 6 man games that he has been suspected to participate in along with the suspicion of manually starting these games.

Main arguments for those who suspect croe of boosting:
- Yes, if Croe plays with Vanessa ALONG with the mindset that it is mainly for the wins and less for the fun, then it is using A METHOD that closely relates to boosting because if Croe always beats Vanessa after everyone is dead, not only is it easier to win, but that's already a person down in every game, providing a COMPLETE disadvantage for others. However, the only way to find evidence for this is if Croe admits it, which is highly unlikely.
- No, if Croe plays in 6 man games, unless it pertains to what I stated previously, then that is not boosting. It is just Croe using a smart, legal method to obtaining wins quickly. If there are less people in a game, then it is faster to get wins.
- HOWEVER, if Croe decides to manually start these games, then YES, it is using a method that closely relates to boosting. This allows Croe to ALWAYS or at least OCCASIONALLY play in low person servers, providing an unfair advantage considering that he will always or occasionally get fast wins. However, getting evidence of this is still relatively hard as one will have to be able to record it happening in-game, from lobby to force-start.

Main arguments for those who support Croe of not boosting:
- Yes, if Croe plays with Vanessa ALONG with the mindset that it is mainly for the fun and less for the wins or half-half, then it is just him having fun with a friend with an added, but semi-unconscious thought of winning. It is basically like having an ice cream with a cherry on top. However, there is no way to get evidence of this as word of mouth provides no evidence.
- Yes, if Croe plays in 6 man games, unless it pertains to what I stated in the section "Main arguments for those who suspect croe of boosting," then it is not boosting.
- HOWEVER, if Croe decides to manually start these games, then it is using a method that closely relates to boosting. This allows Croe to ALWAYS or at least OCCASIONALLY play in low person servers, providing an unfair advantage considering that he will always or occasionally get fast wins. However, getting evidence of this is still relatively hard as one will have to be able to record it happening in-game, from lobby to force-start.

The Invalid Arguments

Finally, the last thing I want to clarify is how stupid and immature some parts of both sides are being, as hypocritical as that sounds. Some people are valid and should continue on with their little debate. However, some participants of both sides believe that stating that people are acting like "8 year olds" or stating how croe decides to watch and do nothing or stating how he is a Senior Mod, are either complete idiots or have not participated AND won a debate in their life. I am not sorry for being so blunt because that is the truth. These people are the ones who possess the invalid/weak arguments that get the situation nowhere. I can argue back any of the weak arguments in a heartbeat. If you allow the opposite party to do so, all you do is lose momentum and credibility. In other terms, you sound stupid.

For example: I understand that Croe is a Sr. Mod and they are sworn to do only just things in the community, BUT have you guys not heard of the term corruption? Corruption is basically when people in power go against their purpose. That purpose is doing just things in the community, which include following the rules, and more specifically not boosting. That being said, just because he is a part of staff, does not mean his mind cannot be diluted with ideas against his purpose or he cannot perform actions against his purpose.

Yes, there are more evidence pertaining to which he is not corrupted. That mainly consists of most of the things he says on the forums. With that being said, obtaining evidence of his corruption is relatively hard for those who seek it. Croe MUST be experienced or conditioned to say the more just things on the forums, considering the fact that he was able to not only achieve Moderator, but Sr. Moderator. So, Croe would not openly display his corruption here. The only way for his suspected corruption to surface, is if he were to slip for some odd reason or to be found on other grounds - in-game.

Remember, I do not think that Croe is corrupt, I am just stating that corruption cannot be seen quite easily and I am just providing an example as to how some arguments are just backlashed and used to the other party's advantage.

Now, I can continue that, but this is not my debate to win.
All DQ wanted was my opinion, so here it is.

My Opinion

I generally do not care about this argument as it does not harm me or affect me in any way, however, it does irk me a bit when people look to the leaderboards for skill. Yes, some people high in rankings are relatively good, but most people in the clan community can wipe the floor with most of the people high on the leaderboards. Basically, for those who want to test their skill, refer to the clan community, but for those who want to compare who has the most free time on their hands, refer to the leaderboards.

P.S. I have a lot of time to write these things considering that I regularly wake up at 4am for schoolwork, but school is already ending, so I have a lot of free time. Also, it is relatively fun to write these things.

Last edited:

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
(I will provide headings for the sections if some decide that they only want to read parts of it.)

Since DQ wanted my opinion on the matter, I might as well state it, but let me clarify some things.

The Valid Arguments

There are two sides to the situation, those who think croe97 is "boosting," while others think he is not. I can understand where both sides of the argument are coming from and most of them are valid, while some are just downright stupid. For those who do not understand both sides of the argument, and this does not include those people who blurt out random crap because they THINK they know the situation, I will give a general run down.

The valid arguments of the situation are mainly from Vanicle | Vanessa being his main playing partner and from 6 man games that he has been suspected to participate in along with the suspicion of manually starting these games.

Main arguments for those who suspect croe of boosting:
- Yes, if Croe plays with Vanessa ALONG with the mindset that it is mainly for the wins and less for the fun, then it is using A METHOD that closely relates to boosting because if Croe always beats Vanessa after everyone is dead, not only is it easier to win, but that's already a person down in every game, providing a COMPLETE disadvantage for others. However, the only way to find evidence for this is if Croe admits it, which is highly unlikely.
- No, if Croe plays in 6 man games, unless it pertains to what I stated previously, then that is not boosting. It is just Croe using a smart, legal method to obtaining wins quickly. If there are less people in a game, then it is faster to get wins.
- HOWEVER, if Croe decides to manually start these games, then YES, it is using a method that closely relates to boosting. This allows Croe to ALWAYS or at least OCCASIONALLY play in low person servers, providing an unfair advantage considering that he will always or occasionally get fast wins. However, getting evidence of this is still relatively hard as one will have to be able to record it happening in-game, from lobby to force-start.

Main arguments for those who support Croe of not boosting:
- Yes, if Croe plays with Vanessa ALONG with the mindset that it is mainly for the fun and less for the wins or half-half, then it is just him having fun with a friend with an added, but semi-unconscious thought of winning. It is basically like having an ice cream with a cherry on top. However, there is no way to get evidence of this as word of mouth provides no evidence.
- Yes, if Croe plays in 6 man games, unless it pertains to what I stated in the section "Main arguments for those who suspect croe of boosting," then it is not boosting.
- HOWEVER, if Croe decides to manually start these games, then it is using a method that closely relates to boosting. This allows Croe to ALWAYS or at least OCCASIONALLY play in low person servers, providing an unfair advantage considering that he will always or occasionally get fast wins. However, getting evidence of this is still relatively hard as one will have to be able to record it happening in-game, from lobby to force-start.

The Invalid Arguments

Finally, the last thing I want to clarify is how stupid and immature some parts of both sides are being, as hypocritical as that sounds. Some people are valid and should continue on with their little debate. However, some participants of both sides believe that stating that people are acting like "8 year olds" or stating how croe decides to watch and do nothing or stating how he is a Senior Mod, are either complete idiots or have not participated AND won a debate in their life. I am not sorry for being so blunt because that is the truth. These people are the ones who possess the invalid/weak arguments that get the situation nowhere. I can argue back any of the weak arguments in a heartbeat. If you allow the opposite party to do so, all you do is lose momentum and credibility. In other terms, you sound stupid.

For example: I understand that Croe is a Sr. Mod and they are sworn to do only just things in the community, BUT have you guys not heard of the term corruption? Corruption is basically when people in power go against their purpose. That purpose is doing just things in the community, which include following the rules, and more specifically not boosting. That being said, just because he is a part of staff, does not mean his mind cannot be diluted with ideas against his purpose or he cannot perform actions against his purpose.

Yes, there are more evidence pertaining to which he is not corrupted. That mainly consists of most of the things he says on the forums. With that being said, obtaining evidence of his corruption is relatively hard for those who seek it. Croe MUST be experienced or conditioned to say the more just things on the forums, considering the fact that he was able to not only achieve Moderator, but Sr. Moderator. So, Croe would not openly display his corruption here. The only way for his suspected corruption to surface, is if he were to slip for some odd reason or to be found on other grounds - in-game.

Now, I can continue that, but this is not my debate to win.
All DQ wanted was my opinion, so here it is.

My Opinion

I generally do not care about this argument as it does not harm me or affect me in any way, however, it does irk me a bit when people look to the leaderboards for skill. Yes, some people high in rankings are relatively good, but most people in the clan community can wipe the floor with most of the people high on the leaderboards. Basically, for those who want to test their skill, refer to the clan community, but for those who want to compare who has the most free time on their hands, refer to the leaderboards.

P.S. I have a lot of time to write these things considering that I regularly wake up at 4am for schoolwork, but school is already ending, so I have a lot of free time. Also, it is relatively fun to write these things.
dang soul-chan this aint no end of term paper

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Basically, for those who want to test their skill, refer to the clan community, but for those who want to compare who has the most free time on their hands, refer to the leaderboards.
This is the thing that I see so many people having misunderstandings of. In cases like croe, people will go around saying he boosts because they beat him in a 1v1, therefore they're better and he's a no-good booster. These people not only anger me in the sense that they obviously don't know how to control themselves, but they do not know either how the leaderboards work. Never has it been that the top ranking players on the leaderboards were the best PvP'ers or players, with the exception of MAYBE the first few months of MCSG's existence.

All in all, I cease to understand why people care so much about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci