• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The New Voting System

Do you dislike the new voting system?

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, too be honest, I love it.

I can finally join a game and play SG 3, Holiday Resort, SG 1-- all my favorite maps constantly being overridden by SG 4, Breeze, and Solar Frost.

The increased amount of required votes to skip allows the maps to be switched based on a decision made by half of the group, if it's a full game.

It's much more organized, and fair that way, but, of course, this is just my opinion.

Having 4 previously played maps is also great. The key word here really is "Overplayed". The new system limits the overplayed maps, and lets everyone try new maps for once, rather than having to cling to Breeze, Solar Frost, and SG 4 seeing as its the only map you have a chest route on because they're the only maps ever played.

Once again, this is my opinion, and I totally respect all other angles of the argument, although I'd like to say that nothing can be perfect.
MCSG can never please everyone. For example:

Less skip votes, and less previously played maps~ Everyone complains about how ridiculously overplayed maps are.

More skips votes, and more previously played maps~ Everyone complains they don't get to play the maps they claimed to hate for being overplayed.

Chad, the Devs, the staff, we obviously can't please everyone, but you need to understand where we're coming from.

It's fine to have and express an opinion, like you did here, but if it helps you to cope with unwanted changes, remember we honestly cannot cater to everyone's need. We try as hard as we can, but it's quite frankly impossible.

**Please note, I see a small argument erupting over double-positing. Double posting is against the rules, and double posts will be removed. With that said, continuously arguing and insulting double posters, as well as people trying to help, is just as bad. Please keep that in kind before I have to lock this.

:)

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I can finally join a game and play SG 3, Holiday Resort, SG 1-- all my favorite maps constantly being overridden by SG 4, Breeze, and Solar Frost.

The increased amount of required votes to skip allows the maps to be switched based on a decision made by half of the group, if it's a full game.

It's much more organized, and fair that way, but, of course, this is just my opinion.

Having 4 previously played maps is also great. The key word here really is "Overplayed". The new system limits the overplayed maps, and lets everyone try new maps for once, rather than having to cling to Breeze, Solar Frost, and SG 4 seeing as its the only map you have a chest route on because they're the only maps ever played.

Once again, this is my opinion, and I totally respect all other angles of the argument, although I'd like to say that nothing can be perfect.

Less skip votes, and less previously played maps~ Everyone complains about how ridiculously overplayed maps are.

More skips votes, and more previously played maps~ Everyone complains they don't get to play the maps they claimed to hate for being overplayed.

Chad, the Devs, the staff, we obviously can't please everyone, but you need to understand where we're coming from.

It's fine to have and express an opinion, like you did here, but if it helps you to cope with unwanted changes, remember we honestly cannot cater to everyone's need. We try as hard as we can, but it's quite frankly impossible.

**Please note, I see a small argument erupting over double-positing. Double posting is against the rules, and double posts will be removed. With that said, continuously arguing and insulting double posters, as well as people trying to help, is just as bad. Please keep that in kind before I have to lock this.

<3

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score

Hit it on the nail like always.

Reaction score
I think that the skipping-votes should be placed back down to 8, but I agree with the 4-map-repeating-limit. Before this update, the three maps I mostly played were
1. Valleyside University (which I love :D)
2. Breeze Island/Demon's Breeze/Freeze Island
3. SG4

Stunt_PIg

Experienced
Reaction score
ever sense this new voting system, I haven't seen any list of maps be voted down.
This update is a tad bit overkill in my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci