• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to explain this the best I can.

"That which can be proven without evidence can be dis-proven without evidence"
This is one of the most common arguments I've seen towards an atheistic sense beliefs, and it holds as long as you hold deities in material. However the idea of a God can't be dis-proven without evidence either. God, or most interpretations of a celestial deity, doesn't exist in a material realm, and so using material evidence would be analogous to a book character using the story to disprove the author.

This is not to discredit science, I love science, being a physics major, with a possible change to biology. While not entirely infallible, science is our best tool to understanding the most complex and basic mechanisms of the natural and physical universe. It is not purposed or designed to credit or discredit an incorporeal being. It is a magnifying glass to observe and understand, not a hammer to drive in a point. I've seen a couple of vindications for beliefs on the existence of God vindicated with science, like they occupy a space in your psyche, and one cannot be there while the other is there. It is entirely reasonable to believe in God and science at once, and having faith does not make one an illogical imbecile any more than not having faith make one a moral-less sociopath.

Also science is NOT a religion. Whether or not you believe in science, the universe will behave in a way, in which can predict. Also the word theory in science is used differently than in a typical sense. The casual use of the word would be closer to a scientific hypothesis, as in an idea, yet to be proven. A theory in science is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation". Evolution is a real thing, believe in it or not it is affecting the life everyday, as it had been since the beginning of life.

My personal beliefs is something close to animism, in which all natural things have some soul or conscience, from anything as small as atoms to as big as the universe. these souls are in no way divine however, but simply come with existing. I do not however believe in God or a god, nor do I follow any religion. In all definitions of the word I'm atheist, but that doesn't mean I can't philosophize about incorporeal ideas, it just don't think any worship or power comes with it or should go to it.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I tried to make that as sensitive as possible, feel free to respond with questions or opinions, I love learning about other beliefs.
I'm agnostic and from this it sounds like you tend more to agnostic beliefs than atheist. While I don't believe in God, we can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a greater power.

Reaction score
I'm agnostic and from this it sounds like you tend more to agnostic beliefs than atheist. While I don't believe in God, we can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a greater power.
Good catch sir, I used the term Atheist there more to make a point and give a more discernible side of the topic. However, in actuality I was more encompassing agnostic atheism, which holds disbelief in god, but without definite proof of a gods non-existence

Juggernaut

Platinum
Reaction score
I know there isn't any flame going on, but honestly, the MCGamer forums isn't the place for this. By my request, can we get this locked Nephilim ? (Pls no hate)
Everyone here is being very civil about this debate. I don't believe a lock is needed tbh

EDIT: I was a pretty religious person up to around when I was 12/13, then I became an agnostic

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I do believe in God. As I have stated a few times before (sometimes rather rudely, for which I have apologized) I believe whole heartedly there is a God as described in the Bible. Here's the thing that I don't understand. For the longest time the notion has been conceived that evolution contradicts Christianity, however if you take a look into both, there is overwhelming evidence that the way the Bible describes the creation and existence of the world is exactly how it happened.

There are however still some grey areas, such as the notion that every living thing came from one common ancestor, and the notion that the world has been around for 13 billion years. As for the first notion, I find it untrue. There is proven evidence that species come out of one another, which is not something that contradicts Christianity, but there really isn't any proof that we all came from some microorganism that lived in the water. Sure, a lot of species are similar, but that's just how they are. Sure species adapt to their environment and change, or evolve and speciate, there is nothing in Christianity that says that can't happen. As for the second point regarding the existence of Earth, a Christian mathematician a while back used the ages of the disciples to estimate the Earth was only around 6,000 years old, however there is rather obvious proof of otherwise like fossil records, and carbon dated artifacts. The way I see it, the Bible is a compilation of writings from people who experienced the workings of God firsthand, but it doesn't tell us everything. The only way we would know the full truth would be if it came from God himself, meaning that humans will definitely be spending a lot more time searching and debating the true creator of mankind.

I hope what I said just made sense grammatically, I feel like I rushed through what I was saying.

Either way, I believe that God exists, and that evolutionism and Creationism have no reason to be so segregated because some parts of Christianity actually back up those in Evolution and vise versa. Yes, there are some rough spots, but we're humans. We ain't perfect yo.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I know there isn't any flame going on, but honestly, the MCGamer forums isn't the place for this. By my request, can we get this locked Nephilim ? (Pls no hate)
There is nothing wrong with a little debate with no flame. We are having fun with a friendly debate. We may seem a little hostile but in the end we are all just friends. I dont see anything wrong with this. There are many things on the forums that "shouldnt be here". I enjoy discussing the most important question in history.

Last edited:

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
I do believe in God. As I have stated a few times before (sometimes rather rudely, for which I have apologized) I believe whole heartedly there is a God as described in the Bible. Here's the thing that I don't understand. For the longest time the notion has been conceived that evolution contradicts Christianity, however if you take a look into both, there is overwhelming evidence that the way the Bible describes the creation and existence of the world is exactly how it happened.

There are however still some grey areas, such as the notion that every living thing came from one common ancestor, and the notion that the world has been around for 13 billion years. As for the first notion, I find it untrue. There is proven evidence that species come out of one another, which is not something that contradicts Christianity, but there really isn't any proof that we all came from some microorganism that lived in the water. Sure, a lot of species are similar, but that's just how they are. Sure species adapt to their environment and change, or evolve and speciate, there is nothing in Christianity that says that can't happen. As for the second point regarding the existence of Earth, a Christian mathematician a while back used the ages of the disciples to estimate the Earth was only around 6,000 years old, however there is rather obvious proof of otherwise like fossil records, and carbon dated artifacts. The way I see it, the Bible is a compilation of writings from people who experienced the workings of God firsthand, but it doesn't tell us everything. The only way we would know the full truth would be if it came from God himself, meaning that humans will definitely be spending a lot more time searching and debating the true creator of mankind.

I hope what I said just made sense grammatically, I feel like I rushed through what I was saying.

Either way, I believe that God exists, and that evolutionism and Creationism have no reason to be so segregated because some parts of Christianity actually back up those in Evolution and vise versa. Yes, there are some rough spots, but we're humans. We ain't perfect yo.
Very well spoken

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I am very glad you put this video. I saw this video a while back and I was trying to find it to put here. I love this guy and I he is completely correct.
Everyone should see that video and give it good thought. Don't be offended by it, he makes some pretty good points.
That is so ignorant I cannot even form words to explain how ignorant that is.
How so?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci