• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I
How could it actually make sense? The thing that has absolutely no evidence supporting it is more likely than anything else that has even one shred of evidence pointing to the possibility of it being correct. The idea of a God is just simply an idea and cannot be proven or disproven therefore if you believe in God, all you have is faith to support your argument and nothing more.
I have faith in the tooth fairy though, he puts money under my bed so I KNOW he's real.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
How could it actually make sense? The thing that has absolutely no evidence supporting it is more likely than anything else that has even one shred of evidence pointing to the possibility of it being correct. The idea of a God is just simply an idea and cannot be proven or disproven therefore if you believe in God, all you have is faith to support your argument and nothing more.
Yeah. The problem is that since the people who believe severely outnumber the people who don't, it makes it hard for people to understand. My family is heavily catholic and anyone who doesn't believe in anything involved in it is considered to be a heretic. My parents also really don't want to hear anything about non-Catholicism.
However, like I mentioned in my last post, we have such a limited understanding of the universe that maybe this could be real. Not this in particular, however, anything we could imagine could be real, it could just simply be out of our perception. (My opinion)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah. The problem is that since the people who believe severely outnumber the people who don't, it makes it hard for people to understand. My family is heavily catholic and anyone who doesn't believe in anything involved in it is considered to be a heretic. My parents also really don't want to hear anything about non-Catholicism.
However, like I mentioned in my last post, we have such a limited understanding of the universe that maybe this could be real. Not this in particular, however, anything we could imagine could be real, it could just simply be out of our perception. (My opinion)
That's because religion is extremely appealing, it's a reassuring fable as Sagan would've put it.

There is a reason why in ancient cultures there were many gods and now there's considered to be one. It's because gods evolve until they are all powerful, omnipotent, omnipresent and more in order to create the largest rallying cry.

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
That's because religion is extremely appealing, it's a reassuring fable as Sagan would've put it.

There is a reason why in ancient cultures there were many gods and now there's considered to be one. It's because gods evolve until they are all powerful, omnipotent, omnipresent and more in order to create the largest rallying cry.
Religion=A way to control people at this point.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Isn't that a very narrow minded way of looking at things? Maybe the reason why religious people out number people of science is because you refuse to even look at the evidence. Generation after generation you are telling your young children to ignore the evidence and only believe in the holy book told by your parents. If you stopped the religious censorship maybe there would be less religious people in the world. Its not their fault when thats the only thing they are told by their parents. Its a terrible delusion. If you were given the facts from the beginning I doubt you would even believe in a God. If you even looked at the evidence with an open mind even once you wouldn't believe in God.

I understand we have a limited understanding of the universe but that doesn't mean we should dismiss all the things we do know because we don't know everything. You accept religion because it claims to know everything and that seems better than knowing very little. Id rather know some things that are true than claim to know everything but it is false. You think that anyone who thinks different form your holy book is wrong and wants nothing to do with any other opinion or fact.

Do you think if you were born in a different country such as india you would still believe in the bible? No, you would be a Hindu. You only believe what is taught to you as fact by your parents.

Last edited:

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Once again I can't really explain it. What else would it be? This was exactly my point to begin with, there is never going to be a way to fully prove how the universe started unless you could get out of it. Everything that you can use to try and figure out how to started is a part of the universe that we are in. Like I could say the universe was created seconds ago along with everything in it. We couldn't know, and we couldn't prove it because everything that we have was created by whatever happened. There is no evidence of how it's created. Yeah I can't respond to some of the points you're making, because there really is no proof either way. Yeah maybe you find a God less likely, but for all we know there could be other ways the universe could've been created that are way more likely then both a God and Evolution. I'm not going to try and prove something I obviously can't.
Um actually the evidence of the Big Bang, evolution, grand unification, and others is about as blatantly obvious as gravity.

Oh and also no one has ever seen a graviton so we don't even know if gravity exists. If you are willing to deny evidence of the Big Bang and evolution then you might as well deny gravity as well.

And for your argument from complexity; that argument completely eats itself because anything as complicated as this would need a more complicated creator, therefore if the more complicated creator doesn't need a creator then neither do we.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My experiences cannot be simply conscience. My conscience would tell me to follow my moral standards; this "voice" tells me to do other things - things completely out of the way and things I cannot explain with logic, yet the outcome is positive.
500 people have said they've seen Elvis alive.

Okay ask your voice the answer to the strong goldbach conjecture. You will get 1 million in prize money and a Nobel prize in mathematics. If he can't answer then you can conclude that that voice is you.

N

Nikola

I believe in myself. No, I'm not saying god doesn't exist, there is god somewhere. Anyway, people who believe in god expect that everything they want will fall from sky and they will be happy, however that's not the way it works. You need to fight for yourself, and believe in yourself, because you're the one who creates future not god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci