• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The "Duo" Plugin

Is the "Duo" Plugin a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
When I wrote that friendly fire was to be disabled when teaming.. This was obvious because i figured you would only be teaming with someone you werent going to kill, like your mate irl? Also there wouldn't be a point in betraying if you were both going to win?
The main problem with friendly fire is that the team needs minimal effort to work effectively. They don't have to try and not maul each other. They can completely envelop someone and have no fear.

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this at all. What if you want to betray? Ruins the game then. What if you want to boost in the water with a fishing pole? Dosen't work. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this. :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all, in a lot of your earlier posts you have been accusing people of doing rude things, and in the way you have been doing it, it sounds more offensive than what they're doing in the first place. Second of all, they were stating their opinion, and you really can't blame them for saying something as simple as "no" when threads with the exact same or similar ideas have come up dozens of times in the past. I don't think they were doing anything wrong. But since you seem so intent on having this added to the servers, I'll give you as full of an explanation I can make on why it shouldn't happen.

Teams are annoying for everyone when you aren't a part of the team. They are harder to kill, and can simply be unfair if it's just you against multiple other people that aren't going to purposely hurt each other. Though you are suggesting this for just 2 people, a team of 2 can be just as overpowering as a team of 10.

This addition to the plugin would remove a very important aspect of the survival games, and the favourite of many people. Betraying. If people are nagging you to do this command with them, then you either do it and can't kill them, or you don't do it and you aren't actually teamed, and the person who you would otherwise be teaming with won't trust you. You shouldn't trust the people that much anyways, but without this command it can still exist.

Also, what about flint and steel? It's impossible, or at least not worth the effort, to make it so that when someone places down a flint and steel, his teammate can't get hurt by it. The same issue might also exist with bows and arrows. So if you can still hurt them as long as you're not using your sword, what's the point?

Sure, there are some advantages. It makes teaming easier, you don't have to worry about hitting your friend by accident, and you can be assured that you won't be betrayed. But is that really worth it?

Something like this would be more of a hassle than it is a benefit. Every game you would have to do the command, and it would get tedious and annoying. It's probably not worth the effort of coding it.

Oh and i forgot to add this to my rant, but if your just one of those people who goes from topic to topic looking to boost there messages, how sad are you. Honestly at least leave a humanely response with at least the logic of a 6 year old. Thanks! :D
On a final note, you can use the edit button if you forgot something in a post. Posting more than once in a row is against the rules, so please avoid doing it in the future.

Last edited:

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
First of all, in a lot of your earlier posts you have been accusing people of doing rude things, and in the way you have been doing it, it sounds more offensive than what they're doing in the first place. Second of all, they were stating their opinion, and you really can't blame them for saying something as simple as "no" when threads with the exact same or similar ideas have come up dozens of times in the past. I don't think they were doing anything wrong. But since you seem so intent on having this added to the servers, I'll give you as full of an explanation I can make on why it shouldn't happen.

Teams are annoying for everyone when you aren't a part of the team. They are harder to kill, and can simply be unfair if it's just you against multiple other people that aren't going to purposely hurt each other. Though you are suggesting this for just 2 people, a team of 2 can be just as overpowering as a team of 10.

This addition to the plugin would remove a very important aspect of the survival games, and the favourite of many people. Betraying. If people are nagging you to do this command with them, then you either do it and can't kill them, or you don't do it and you aren't actually teamed, and the person who you would otherwise be teaming with won't trust you. You shouldn't trust the people that much anyways, but without this command it can still exist.

Also, what about flint and steel? It's impossible, or at least not worth the effort, to make it so that when someone places down a flint and steel, his teammate can't get hurt by it. The same issue might also exist with bows and arrows. So if you can still hurt them as long as you're not using your sword, what's the point?

Sure, there are some advantages. It makes teaming easier, you don't have to worry about hitting your friend by accident, and you can be assured that you won't be betrayed. But is that really worth it?

Something like this would be more of a hassle than it is a benefit. Every game you would have to do the command, and it would get tedious and annoying. It's probably not worth the effort of coding it.

On a final note, you can use the edit button if you forgot something in a post. Posting more than once in a row is against the rules, so please avoid doing it in the future.
If you haven't noticed I don't care about the Topic anymore. It is quite obvious that the community has 0 Logic as to where this plugin could go and how it could be used. Your points make 0 sense.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed I don't care about the Topic anymore. It is quite obvious that the community has 0 Logic as to where this plugin could go and how it could be used. Your points make 0 sense.
You're not very open to the possibility that the suggestion just isn't good, are you? Just accept that it's a flawed idea.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Darkrai... your a mod and your literacy goes as far as 3 characters.

Thats my rant, please feel free to add further rants after this :)
You accuse others of not reading your thread and you then call me a mod. Maybe you should read up... ;-;

By the way, my literacy of saying "no." In no way means I haven't read the thread. I have, your idea in my opinion is bad. You think your idea is good, other people disagree. Instead of accepting their opinion you say "omg read da thread :'c" or "u only say no so i am right!!"

And as always, just because it wouldn't be me if I didn't do it.

Darkrai... your a mod and your literacy goes as far as 3 characters.
You're*

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I like it, but you would need seperate servers, maybe have like a MCSG2 area in the hub with like 10 servers with this plugin implemented

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This suggestion has existed a innumerably before, almost as many times as the 'remove teams' suggestion. It also has been poked and prodded to the point where it doesn't require to much of a response any more.

First off, this would be pretty much a whole new gameplay style. It'd be pretty much making a whole new game mode, one focused more around teamwork than surviving against everyone. Right now, I know I enjoy playing solo more than with a team (though with a team can be really fun), and it would not be fun anymore if everyone else in the lobby was invulnerable to each other and able to rely on a teammate and completely whoop me in battle most of the time. It'd make it harder than the flexible, easily breakable teams that are currently happening. Even with plugin restrictions, there'd probably still be large teams, just divided into smaller teams of two. This would make large teams even worse than they already are, as those devisions would be nearly invincible to each other and could take you out individually alone. If anything, teams need to be nerfed, not given additions to.

Also, the way you're responding to some people is very rude. You don't need to insult people for not giving a complete response to this at least they're giving input in the first place. The entire point of suggestion threads is to give a large flood of ideas, most of which will be denied. These denied ideas give way to new ideas, most of which will also be denied. You shouldn't have a problem with your idea being denied, as it is what is supposed to happen. My first thread was a suggestion about points, and it got completely obliterated, especially when bountying came into the picture. It's not a bad thing.

I'm aware some people are harsh when they're arguing a point, but that method does not work on such a platform as these forums. Be more gentle with your responses and criticisms, and keep your insults to yourself. Dark has seen some things, and has seen dozens of this very same idea. You wouldn't want to type out the same paragraphs each time, would you? It's already been an idea. So please, be civil on the forums.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Darkrai,

Your quite hypocritical in the way that you quote what I have spelt wrong. I am quite good with grammar although that whole topic was rushed. Your sentence is honestly no better then mine although im not going to play the 6 year old and quote all your grammatical errors.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci