• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The "Duo" Plugin

Is the "Duo" Plugin a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Please read the whole topic before voting, i am aware this is not based of votes but more so the point in which admins believe if it is possible to happen. But still it would be good to know whether people would like such a plugin.

Ok so lately I have been playing a lot of MCSG during the holidays. Suddenly an awesome idea appeared in my head and now i can't stop thinking about it, i don't know whether the MCSG admins have people that could code such a plugin or maybe (very unlikely), but just maybe there is already a plugin that fullfils this idea.

Anyway getting to the idea...
I hope this has not already been thought of but maybe there could be 2 winners in an MCSG game (When you enter hub) one would type /join (name of team) or something like that. Once you have joined the team you are then instantly paired with your partner, from then on you are unable to hurt them in game and maybe even spawn next to them in corn and if you both make it to last alive then you can both win together. Obviously there could be problems with such a plugin but problems that could just as easily be overcome. I believe that with such a plugin implemented into the game it would stop teams of 3,4 and even 5 roaming around. Even if it didn't stop these people from large teaming it would still eliminate a large part of the problem.

Im sure we would all agree that MCSG has implemented more and more ideas into the game off of the actual movie (such as Sponsoring, Podiums, and Corn) Yes, yes all of that stuff is actually needed for the game to work properly but it would also make it even more realistic to the movie if 2 people could win the game by pairing up. Although I honestly think this would make MCSG more fun and shoot a spark over those crappy hive survival games, implementing such a plugin would grab lots of audience, and would bring a trademark to the servers that none of those other HG servers have! :D

Teams are so often running around the MCSG community, WHY NOT BRING IN A PLUGIN! :D

Kaine

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the idea, it will promote teaming with only 1 other person instead of having teams of 4 running around. Of course large teams will still exist, although if you and your mate could both win at the same time players would enjoy that more. That being said, it could negatively alter the leader boards because if you both get a win on the leader boards it would be much easier to get a better rank. MCSG could do a lot with this such as have a leader board for specific teams. You would register you and your teammate and every time you win your "team" goes up on that particular leader board. Although i doubt this would happen because clans are more official than this and no leader board exists for clans as of yet. great idea though!

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Yer, but i just don't think people disliking the idea realise that there are already teams of 3,4 in every game, there are never not a team. Being mostly a solo player i know this.

Xerox

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the idea I have been wanting this sort of thing for a long time!

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
I like it, but only if there was a separate server for it. I also think the teams should be limited to two people per team for sure.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Do people even read this.. Wow... I clearly stated that this was for Teams of 2 only, and that it would only apply for teams of two. I believe it would also not encourage teaming in the slightest as teaming is already occuring everywhere throughout MCSG. Infact it would prevent teaming in large groups majorly. Is Kaine17 the only one that even read and understood the first point?

I also stated that there could easily be ways to "Nerf" this.. People commenting have already implemented there ideas, a few of them being a seperate server and such. Or maybe even a seperate leaderboard that people enter when they win in a team.

Why judge this idea so quickly, I stated very largely at the top "Please read the whole topic before voting,"

Only if you could set an age limit for people who are viewing and commenting on your threads ._. maybe then my thread would be filled with logical responses, and not ones such as "no." or "I have to disagree with you on this one." Atleast leave your response with what is so bad about this idea?

Darkrai... your a mod and your literacy goes as far as 3 characters.

Thats my rant, please feel free to add further rants after this :)

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh and i forgot to add this to my rant, but if your just one of those people who goes from topic to topic looking to boost there messages, how sad are you. Honestly at least leave a humanely response with at least the logic of a 6 year old. Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci