• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The "Duo" Plugin

Is the "Duo" Plugin a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Oh and i forgot to add this to my rant, but if your just one of those people who goes from topic to topic looking to boost there messages, how sad are you. Honestly at least leave a humanely response with at least the logic of a 6 year old. Thanks! :D
This has been suggested before and rejected, opinions have already been given on it. People don't want to repeat long responses.

And no! This makes backstabbing harder, as no one will accept your team if you don't use the command. Also, teams don't have to worry about aiming, they can just swarm you and swing with no worry. Finally, it makes winning way too easy.

And Darkrai's not mod.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
So I wouldn't be able to hurt the other person?

What if I wanted to betray them? If I teamed with someone I don't know - I would betray them. But that would suck if it didn't allow me to kill my "teammate."
I'd say no.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Oh and i forgot to add this to my rant, but if your just one of those people who goes from topic to topic looking to boost there messages, how sad are you. Honestly at least leave a humanely response with at least the logic of a 6 year old. Thanks! :D
What is wrong with you? I was agreeing with you. You've got problems, maybe you should leave posting on the forums to more level headed people who can take criticism.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Err, kstorm2.... All i was saying is that you didn't read the whole thing. I was aware you were agreeing with me, although you clearly missed one of the most valid points..

RC and Virtual, i have no idea why you would team with the person that you plan to betray anyway, you could simply say something like "Im already teamed (Considering you can only team with one person)" The whole idea of not being able to hurt them was something i thought of while i was peiceing it all together... I also clearly stated that this whole thing can be changed and modified to suit better needs. You are all so clueless and way to careful when considering an idea that has not even been chosen yet, the point of this thread is to discuss what would make it better and what could be removed if you seriously just gonna argue points that have already been stated or clearly do not matter at this points (Such as OH NO I CANT BETRAY) when it hasn't had any help into what could adjust that to work, then just shhh, and Kstorm2 i wasn't refering to you when i was saying that they were acting like 6 year olds with there illogical responses, i was refering to darkrai...

Once again! The points of this was to make the perfect plugin that everyone wanted by filling in your ideas instead of complaining about why a thread of a plugin that i put together in 10 minutes just to give everyone my quick example, would not work. Like seriously, Im not going to decide myself the perfect plugin, it will have to many objections so start commenting, or someone LOCK the thread.. Because this is going nowhere.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Xestros, as a word of advice, if you're going to create a thread on feature suggestions you should definitely be prepared for criticism, especially constructive ones. Knowing RC and Virtual, I'm 100% sure they've read it, and I have as well - we simply just disagree with it. Disagreeing with it doesn't mean we're idiots or that we haven't read it at all - we just believe it won't fit in well or has flaws. I, personally, can see where it could go but I just like the current system more.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Err, kstorm2.... All i was saying is that you didn't read the whole thing. I was aware you were agreeing with me, although you clearly missed one of the most valid points..

RC and Virtual, i have no idea why you would team with the person that you plan to betray anyway, you could simply say something like "Im already teamed (Considering you can only team with one person)" The whole idea of not being able to hurt them was something i thought of while i was peiceing it all together... I also clearly stated that this whole thing can be changed and modified to suit better needs. You are all so clueless and way to careful when considering an idea that has not even been chosen yet, the point of this thread is to discuss what would make it better and what could be removed if you seriously just gonna argue points that have already been stated or clearly do not matter at this points (Such as OH NO I CANT BETRAY) when it hasn't had any help into what could adjust that to work, then just shhh, and Kstorm2 i wasn't refering to you when i was saying that they were acting like 6 year olds with there illogical responses, i was refering to darkrai...

Once again! The points of this was to make the perfect plugin that everyone wanted by filling in your ideas instead of complaining about why a thread of a plugin that i put together in 10 minutes just to give everyone my quick example, would not work. Like seriously, Im not going to decide myself the perfect plugin, it will have to many objections so start commenting, or someone LOCK the thread.. Because this is going nowhere.
I wouldn't team with someone I'm about to betray, people would make you use the command before they trust you. If you don't accept they know you're lying.

Refer to Kytria's post for other things I wanted to say.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't like how this plugin will make it so two people can win. That seems really unfair especially in death match. While I know teams already exist in death match, this plugin will encourage teaming, which is not good if you enjoy soloing. And seeing as though the game is about "only one can win" that shouldn't be part of it.

Reaction score
Honestly, when someone doesnt agree with this thread, you say to read the thread again... I can vouch for Virtual on RC, they definetly read it.

But, back to my opinion, this is OP, there was most definetly 'friendly fire' in the Hunger Games. Plus, betraying is a part of the game, this will not and should not be implemented.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
When I wrote that friendly fire was to be disabled when teaming.. This was obvious because i figured you would only be teaming with someone you werent going to kill, like your mate irl? Also there wouldn't be a point in betraying if you were both going to win?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Perhaps it could be a donor-privilege, and change something else, like the amount of points that donors get every month.

Or the "duo" team thingy only lasts for 5 minutes (Or some amount of time), and/or not in deathmatch.

Perhaps you're only able to do it until you have ___ amount of wins

Or it doesn't count as a whole win (Half win? Dunno)

Maybe the person who got more kills gets the win, and the teammate gets a few extra points (If they're still alive)

Or they can't both win, but they can communicate wherever they are on the map

A combination of those suggestions? ^

Nearly 11 PM, please don't blame me if I'm not entirely coherent. I have a habit of talking in Cow and/or Potato late at night.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I think this is a bad idea as it would negatively affect gameplay and the leaderboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci