• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Super Smash Bros 4 Thread

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I really hope they improve Sonic's move set in the new brawl game. He was so lame in brawl. I mean there are so many games with all these abilities they could draw from and what do we get? Kicks... -.- I mean honestly I'd much rather they have Shadow in this than Sonic. He has a lot of cool moves you could use. But seriously, they could use the wisps, the secret rings, the werehog, for God's sake SOMETHING from the games.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh yeah - Fun fact. Peach is secretly one of the most OP playable characters, if played correctly. (In Brawl.)
The funny thing is that Peach is the lowest tier character so no one plays as her competitively.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Easy way to ruin Super Smash Bro's: Remove Mario ._.

Reaction score
I really hope they improve Sonic's move set in the new brawl game. He was so lame in brawl. I mean there are so many games with all these abilities they could draw from and what do we get? Kicks... -.- I mean honestly I'd much rather they have Shadow in this than Sonic. He has a lot of cool moves you could use. But seriously, they could use the wisps, the secret rings, the werehog, for God's sake SOMETHING from the games.
I agree, except with the shadow part. It wouldn't make sense to have shadow and not to have sonic. I also feel like shadow is not needed. That goes for any sonic character that's not sonic.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, except with the shadow part. It wouldn't make sense to have shadow and not to have sonic. I also feel like shadow is not needed. That goes for any sonic character that's not sonic.
I disagree, Shadow would be a really interesting character to play, not merely a copy. He would have completely different movesets and strengths/weaknesses. For example, he would be able to use abilities like Chaos Control for his recovery (a short rang teleport) and use Chaos Spears for ranged. His character could be not as fast as sonic, but stronger and heavier (faster falling speed.) I don't understand what's wrong with having multiple newcomers from the same company that's not nintendo. And let's be honest, Nintendo is running out of material. When the Wii Fit Trainer is a playable character, and they're considering having Reggie be a playable character, you know you've hit the bottom of the barrel. (Though in fairness, Wii Fit Trainer does look fun to play and even a little op :p) I mean in SSB, there were Fox and Wolf and those guys are near clones of each other.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, it does make sense if Sonic uses his legs more than his fists after all, but yeah. They still could have given Sonic a much better move set in Brawl. Especially his special moves. 3 but 1 of his special moves were just spin dash and such. .-.

As for Shadow, he would certainly be an interesting fighter in SSB. (I would really love to seem him playable in SSB :D) Though it is very unlikely that he will be accepted as playable. I don't think Nintendo would add more than one non-Nintendo playable character from the same franchise as one non-Nintendo character who is already playable in SSB.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I disagree, Shadow would be a really interesting character to play, not merely a copy. He would have completely different movesets and strengths/weaknesses. For example, he would be able to use abilities like Chaos Control for his recovery (a short rang teleport) and use Chaos Spears for ranged. His character could be not as fast as sonic, but stronger and heavier (faster falling speed.) I don't understand what's wrong with having multiple newcomers from the same company that's not nintendo. And let's be honest, Nintendo is running out of material. When the Wii Fit Trainer is a playable character, and they're considering having Reggie be a playable character, you know you've hit the bottom of the barrel. (Though in fairness, Wii Fit Trainer does look fun to play and even a little op :p) I mean in SSB, there were Fox and Wolf and those guys are near clones of each other.
In my opinion, I think that Shadow should be like a character called "Kat" In Playstation All Stars. What move I think that should be added is when they are really close to her, she can make a "Shadow" ball and pull them towards them and can do a combo :eek: it is just an idea so don't hate if it sounds terrible.

This is a little off topic, but I think that they should balance the character selections a little more than SSB. For an example there were a lot of Mario characters than sonic charecters.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind that Shadow is currently available to use in games with the Trophy item thingy. However, he only has one move and cannot be controlled, and is has a random chance of being spawned.

Reaction score
Let me tell you first all of that I love Shadow. I think he's an awesome character in the Sonic universe and he's just so cool. The reason I don't want him in smash is because having two hedgehogs that are the same height just really annoys me. I don't know why. But it really does. When it really comes down to it. I kind of don't want 2 third-party characters from the same franchise. That's just my opinion. Plus I just don't see it happening. Who knows, it could happen. I agree that nintendo is really out of character material. I also really don't care for clones that much except for Melee Ganon and Toon Link.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci