• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Super Smash Bros 4 Thread

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but I think that they should balance the character selections a little more than SSB. For an example there were a lot of Mario characters than sonic charecters.
Well, the reason being is because Mario characters are from Nintendo. Sonic characters are not. The whole purpose of SSB is Nintendo characters coming together and fighting. As much as it is nice to add in the odd non-Nintendo character as playable (thus increasing excitement), adding in more playable non-Nintendo characters makes SSB lose a bit of its purpose.

Lol it is SSB Debate Camp :D
Lol true. :p

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, the reason being is because Mario characters are from Nintendo. Sonic characters are not. The whole purpose of SSB is Nintendo characters coming together and fighting. As much as it is nice to add in the odd non-Nintendo character as playable (thus increasing excitement), adding in more playable non-Nintendo characters makes SSB lose a bit of its purpose.

Lol true. :p
Well Nintendo is kind of a Pain in the butt, and doesn't really accept games onto their console compared to other consoles :/

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks Shadow is overrated? I mean he was cool when I was 7, but now he's all "argh, i don't say anything, i only talk in this low raspy voice, i'm so cool because i have red highlights and i'm like sonic but i'm black."

Also keep in mind that Shadow is a minor character in the Sonic series. The last time he had a major role was Dark Brotherhood.* That game came out 6 years ago. He's only appeared in spin-offs because he's a staple character, like Wario** or Daisy. Shadow would've been alright for an Assist Trophy, but not as a full-fledged character.

Just because Shadow has a viable moveset does not mean he should be a character. You know who else could have a good moveset? Tingle, that short elf-manchild from Zelda. His B could be that he throws a rubee, his Side-B would have him charge into the enemy. His Up-B has him create balloons for him to float, and his Down-B would be the Tingle Bomb. His Final Smash? Koolimpa Dance. But you don't want Tingle in Smash Bros, do you?

So no, Shadow should not be a fighter. He's in Super Smash Flash though if anyone wants to play as him.

* - I didn't forget about Generations, but he's just a boss fight. He doesn't really do much for story.
** - Wario has his own series of Wario Land and Wario Ware, but he hasn't been in a non spin-off Mario game since Super Mario 64 DS.

Well Nintendo is kind of a Pain in the butt, and doesn't really accept games onto their console compared to other consoles :/
I'm not really sure where you're getting at, they have tons of games, it's just that some companies don't want to develop for Nintendo consoles. Nintendo has a family-friendly target audience, and unless you're developing for that kind of biz, then it'd be a horrible idea to make games for them at a marketing standpoint. Besides, I honestly don't think Nintendo cares what people make as long as it follows their guidelines. (no nudity, no religion, some other crap.)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks Shadow is overrated? I mean he was cool when I was 7, but now he's all "argh, i don't say anything, i only talk in this low raspy voice, i'm so cool because i have red highlights and i'm like sonic but i'm black."

Also keep in mind that Shadow is a minor character in the Sonic series. The last time he had a major role was Dark Brotherhood.* That game came out 6 years ago. He's only appeared in spin-offs because he's a staple character, like Wario** or Daisy. Shadow would've been alright for an Assist Trophy, but not as a full-fledged character.

Just because Shadow has a viable moveset does not mean he should be a character. You know who else could have a good moveset? Tingle, that short elf-manchild from Zelda. His B could be that he throws a rubee, his Side-B would have him charge into the enemy. His Up-B has him create balloons for him to float, and his Down-B would be the Tingle Bomb. His Final Smash? Koolimpa Dance. But you don't want Tingle in Smash Bros, do you?

So no, Shadow should not be a fighter. He's in Super Smash Flash though if anyone wants to play as him.

* - I didn't forget about Generations, but he's just a boss fight. He doesn't really do much for story.
** - Wario has his own series of Wario Land and Wario Ware, but he hasn't been in a non spin-off Mario game since Super Mario 64 DS.

I'm not really sure where you're getting at, they have tons of games, it's just that some companies don't want to develop for Nintendo consoles. Nintendo has a family-friendly target audience, and unless you're developing for that kind of biz, then it'd be a horrible idea to make games for them at a marketing standpoint. Besides, I honestly don't think Nintendo cares what people make as long as it follows their guidelines. (no nudity, no religion, some other crap.)
I kindly disagree with you, but that's your opinion.
Nintendo may have a kid-friendly audience, but they've been trying to move away from that recently with more 3rd-party support. One of Wii U's largely promoted launch titles was Zombie U, Snake was in SSB, and the 3DS has Shin Megami Tensei and Resedent Evil titles (among other M games).

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I kindly disagree with you, but that's your opinion.
Nintendo may have a kid-friendly audience, but they've been trying to move away from that recently with more 3rd-party support. One of Wii U's largely promoted launch titles was Zombie U, Snake was in SSB, and the 3DS has Shin Megami Tensei and Resedent Evil titles (among other M games).
I suppose, but I figure that's because those consoles can finally support those kind of games.

Also Snake was in SSBB mostly because Sakurai (director of SSB) was good friends with the director for most of the Metal Gear Solid games.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Guys, I'm callin' it right now: Mewtwo.
I don't have a reference, but I know for a fact that in a discussion about Pokemon X and Y, someone asked if Mewtwo would return to smash. Sakurai, who was in the audience, yelled "We are thinking about it"
Hint hint

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Guys, I'm callin' it right now: Mewtwo.
I don't have a reference, but I know for a fact that in a discussion about Pokemon X and Y, someone asked if Mewtwo would return to smash. Sakurai, who was in the audience, yelled "We are thinking about it"
Hint hint
Most likely, but Mewtwo probably won't be revealed until the game releases since he'll more than likely be unlockable, that was the case in Melee. Either that or until E3.

lse

Survivor
Reaction score

Yeah I see what you mean, I think its due to how little Shadow has done in these recent Sonic games. Due to this his character is merely just a stereotype now and that contributes to why he wouldn't be a good main playable character in SSMB4 (there's not much too him in comparison to Sonic) but as you said he would be a good assist trophy.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean, I think its due to how little Shadow has done in these recent Sonic games. Due to this his character is merely just a stereotype now and that contributes to why he wouldn't be a good main playable character in SSMB4 (there's not much too him in comparison to Sonic) but as you said he would be a good assist trophy.
Not to mention the fact that 3rd party characters have never had more than one representative, let alone one who is obsolete.

lse

Survivor
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that 3rd party characters have never had more than one representative, let alone one who is obsolete.
Yeah that's true but, correct me if i'm wrong, Sega has made a deal with Nintendo that they would exclusively produce Sonic games for their consoles for some time. So that could've made Sonic special in a way.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah that's true but, correct me if i'm wrong, Sega has made a deal with Nintendo that they would exclusively produce Sonic games for their consoles for some time. So that could've made Sonic special in a way.
Unless you mean core Sonic games or the deal has been made very recently, then that may not be the case with All Stars and Generations. Maybe you're right, but I can't find a source on that.

lse

Survivor
Reaction score
Unless you mean core Sonic games or the deal has been made very recently, then that may not be the case with All Stars and Generations. Maybe you're right, but I can't find a source on that.
The deal wasn't made too recently but all the core sonic games (except for all stars etc.) will be released on a Nintendo console. However, I despite that another Sonic character will be playable in SSMB4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci