• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop This Era of MCG.

Will you stop?

• Total voters

_Bladereon_

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree, I always like to say gg cause it shows good sportsmanship however, the people have been getting quite rude. It's just a game, say gg and move on, you don't have to call someone a noob or say l2p just because this one guy killed you or cleaned you up even though that it very annoying. This era of MCSG is filled with immaturity, I'm not saying it's 10 year olds cause some of them can act mature, it's too everyone, like sure, it's fine to joke about those with your friends, I say gg .5 rekt to my friends as a joke but to actually say it in a mean way, it gets people depressed.

Cimmy

Diamond
Reaction score
I have waited for a thread like this for ages. This explains MCG in an accurate way that some others were probably too afraid to do (like me :p). People say these kinds of things to me, even when they are also dead, such as when I kill them but I am cleaned up by their team mate and he says "GG 10 rekd!" I'm pretty sure it's against the rules, the official rules, but I'm not entirely sure.
I have played for about a year and 3 quarters now and MCG used to be nice, as you explained. The community is of course awesome and kind, but some players just want to do it to see other people mad.
Another thing is, some people are misunderstood. When someone says GG it doesn't immediately mean something rude, it is said to show that they put up a good fight. So, overall, I think that the game has changed quite a lot. It's hardly about fun anymore. The game is usually based around getting a win, getting good ratios, and if you don't you simply reset your stats. Sorry for rambling, it's just my opinion.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
Never done it, and it won't happen. I've done it to joke with some close friends.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
When people say stuff like that to me I just laugh it off it's the best thing to do :) I mean, who cares what some random person behind a screen thinks about, it's not like you're ever going to meet them irl so whatever y'know : p

Cale

Survivor
Reaction score
Back in V1 everybody used to be nice and friendly because nobody was a tryhard back then. You only needed like 500 wins to be on top of the US leaderboards. For CA we were a tight nit community a year and a half ago now you never see the same people on the CA servers as you did back when Mitch and jerome used to play. Everybody was nice back then.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Considering this, I think this is pretty accurate, however a majority of the community isn't half as bad as we think it is as long as we meet the right people... But thinking about how people have the audacity to DDoS or cause other federal crimes over a video game is just horrible. I think we need to understand more of the concept of enjoying the game, not to win. In the end, we don't achieve much but a little dignity over a video game that won't matter in the future. There are a lot more important things out there that are worth noting for, and video games are for entertainment, the community is for those who wish to make themselves happy, to make themselves feel like at home. I don't understand why people just go that far to breaking the law, just so they win mortal dignity over a video game. But I still think the community is good as I think it is, but it really just depends on the people we meet that really brings out our opinions towards the community.

cf918

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think this whole idea also applies to clans. I have seen it over the past 7 months, many people and clans have taken a turn in the way they act and how they approach each other as a whole. Its been bothering me for quite a bit now, and I am just not sure what was different back then.

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree 100% with this thread really. I remember enjoying this game so much when I started out over 2 years ago. Most people were sooo polite and there was a lot of friendly competition.

Now, I can't die in a game without someone saying some over confident rude remark to me. People saying rekt, gg10 when they clean me up or 2v1/3v1 me. The community really does ruin the game for eachother. Not many people can honestly say that they enjoy being talked to like that after they die.

I'll admit I say it occasionally when I beat a team of 2, but that's because, well, they teamed on me lol. If you are gonna team on me, at least kill me. Especially when its teams of players with over 1k wins, that bugs me. I would say it talk dirty less than most people in this community tho.
I see what you mean.

LeftClique

Spectator
Reaction score
In my opinion, anyone with a straight mind would agree with this thread. Disrespect in general, includes saying things like "l2p" in chat. This is part of the reason why there are moderators here to monitor the servers. But, one thing that I emphasize to everyone on the MCGamer network, or just anyone on the internet in general, is not to be sensitive to what people say. It's the World Wide Web. People feel comfortable expressing feelings (Nice or not) online. I have personally learned to accept the positive comments, and ignore the negative ones. Hope you take my advice, Enjoy playing on MCG! Happy Halloween :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci