• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop This Era of MCG.

Will you stop?

• Total voters

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Tons of threads like these have been made, nothing changed, the majority of the people that say stuff like this are 10 year old tryhard kids that have nothing better to do in their lives.

No offence meant to any 10 year olds out there nu the way, it's just a matter of speaking.

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is where MCGamer is at, people will try to stop it... Once again they won't succeed, I am sure that there will always be disrespectful people. The only thing that will stop comments like "gg10, rekt, eZ" is being calm when it happens to you. Rage is what people who say things like that want, if you don't give it to them they will stop. So to everyone that this happens to, just don't retaliate once they get bored they stop...

CelebornTF

Spectator
Reaction score
#StopTheAbuse

In the game that I came from, there were clans and guilds, which were extremely competitive. It got to the point that some people actually took other players offline for days, or weeks at a time. There were, in fact, a few cases of players being arrested for DDoSing and hacking into the computers of their enemies.
To hear that this is happening on MCGamer, a community revolving around a kids game, is astounding, surprising, and actually a little bit disappointing. How could the staff let it devolve to this point? I'm not at all involved with clans, as I have something like eight games played, but surely they shouldn't be that abusive, can they? It's a building game, for goodness' sake! This isn't COD!
Firstly, the players. The people who do it. Let me just say one thing... you disgust me. DDoSing because you're bitter over a loss? Man up and see how idiotic that is! Committing a federal crime over a video game..?!?

I've been in guild wars spanning several days before. Hundreds of players, and thousands of kills. I, myself, racked up a good seventy or so kills, and also (unfortunately) numerous deaths.
But what exactly sets apart the professionals from the skilled, yet non-pro gamers?
The attitude. How seriously you take the game, yourself, and others.
Do you ever see a professional player screaming "LEARN TO PLAY, SCRUB!" whenever they kill someone? No, you don't. Instead, they might give themselves a few moments of rest, and then move onto the next enemy.

Want to know how you can be a pro gamer?
Prove that you have what it takes to be professional. When you die, don't rage. Learn from your mistakes, and move on. When you get a kill, accept it maturely - for all you know, if you had made a mistake, you would have been on the other end of the sword. In a game like Minecraft, it takes a mere two or three seconds to die to a powerful enemy. Five hits, give or take a few. Incorrectly aiming your fishing rod for a split second is all it takes, and suddenly you're up against a wall and being combo'ed into oblivion. Can anyone honestly say that they've never been killed in-game? Nope, not unless you play strictly on Creative, or just joined a few minutes ago.

Personally, I think that people who say things like "l2p" and "rekt" are often trying to promote themselves by putting down others. In my eyes, all you're doing is making a fool out of yourself, and making enemies out of others.

One thing that I've heard from a lot of new GameMasters (Rank for staff members on some other video games) is:
"If you don't take offense at it, it's not offensive."
Well, that's what you think. That's the way that you're supposed to think as a staff member. But why?
Now, let's see. Here's an example. A seventeen year old who has been playing all sorts of video games online since he was 13, and has been exposed to all sorts of people online, and an eleven year old boy who just bought Minecraft a few weeks ago, and has only played some console games with his family in the past. Would the seventeen y.o. take offense at someone telling them to learn to play and that they got "rekt"? No, not really. But would the eleven-year-old? Uhm, heck yeah! This isn't a game meant exclusively for older teens and young adults. There's kids on this game!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
#StopTheAbuse

In the game that I came from, there were clans and guilds, which were extremely competitive. It got to the point that some people actually took other players offline for days, or weeks at a time. There were, in fact, a few cases of players being arrested for DDoSing and hacking into the computers of their enemies.
To hear that this is happening on MCGamer, a community revolving around a kids game, is astounding, surprising, and actually a little bit disappointing. How could the staff let it devolve to this point? I'm not at all involved with clans, as I have something like eight games played, but surely they shouldn't be that abusive, can they? It's a building game, for goodness' sake! This isn't COD!
Firstly, the players. The people who do it. Let me just say one thing... you disgust me. DDoSing because you're bitter over a loss? Man up and see how idiotic that is! Committing a federal crime over a video game..?!?

I've been in guild wars spanning several days before. Hundreds of players, and thousands of kills. I, myself, racked up a good seventy or so kills, and also (unfortunately) numerous deaths.
But what exactly sets apart the professionals from the skilled, yet non-pro gamers?
The attitude. How seriously you take the game, yourself, and others.
Do you ever see a professional player screaming "LEARN TO PLAY, SCRUB!" whenever they kill someone? No, you don't. Instead, they might give themselves a few moments of rest, and then move onto the next enemy.

Want to know how you can be a pro gamer?
Prove that you have what it takes to be professional. When you die, don't rage. Learn from your mistakes, and move on. When you get a kill, accept it maturely - for all you know, if you had made a mistake, you would have been on the other end of the sword. In a game like Minecraft, it takes a mere two or three seconds to die to a powerful enemy. Five hits, give or take a few. Incorrectly aiming your fishing rod for a split second is all it takes, and suddenly you're up against a wall and being combo'ed into oblivion. Can anyone honestly say that they've never been killed in-game? Nope, not unless you play strictly on Creative, or just joined a few minutes ago.

Personally, I think that people who say things like "l2p" and "rekt" are often trying to promote themselves by putting down others. In my eyes, all you're doing is making a fool out of yourself, and making enemies out of others.

One thing that I've heard from a lot of new GameMasters (Rank for staff members on some other video games) is:
"If you don't take offense at it, it's not offensive."
Well, that's what you think. That's the way that you're supposed to think as a staff member. But why?
Now, let's see. Here's an example. A seventeen year old who has been playing all sorts of video games online since he was 13, and has been exposed to all sorts of people online, and an eleven year old boy who just bought Minecraft a few weeks ago, and has only played some console games with his family in the past. Would the seventeen y.o. take offense at someone telling them to learn to play and that they got "rekt"? No, not really. But would the eleven-year-old? Uhm, heck yeah! This isn't a game meant exclusively for older teens and young adults. There's kids on this game!
Wow, you have great meaning in your posts, you are almost up to the standards of Mooclan, SixZoSeven or G33ke. Nice to meet you! :)

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been playing another server, taking a break from MCG. I occasionally play with some friends, but when I die, I don't rage like I normally would have (they certainly do) but I remind myself "It's a game? What are you meant to be mad about? It's for fun too!" So when my team-mate and I die, I tell them "It's just a game we're playing for fun, nothing to get mad about, right?" But they don't listen to me, the hackers and the hate getting to them.

On this other server, every time a game ends (Spleef not Survival Games) the person would probably say "gg" at the end, right? At first, I'm like "Well, another MCG, damn, gonna have to find a new server" but then I noticed, they were saying it every game I played, and I realised "Huh, they're actually saying Good Game..." So I've been playing on this server heaps, versing players in the top 60, and even sometimes winning, and I thought "This is better than MCG, no DDoSing and no hassle about getting a kill (or iwin in this case). This is cosy." So, playing on this server like I would've done in my prime on MCG (i.e. no-lifing, also known in my group of friends as "Pulling a Willo") I got to the top 60 in the leaderboards in 2-3 days of solid enjoyment, which has gotten me to the Spleef World Cup.

Long story short, I feel not as stressed as I would if I were playing on MCG, and there are barely any hackers (I've run into one with about 10 hours total play-time). I feel alot calmer, and I don't have to say "lol l2p ez steamrolled rekt gg10" everytime I win a game, because I don't feel enraged enough as it doesn't happen to me anymore. I don't say good game at the end of alot of my Spleef matches, only if I feel the person was a worthy opponent.

I don't know about "Hive dominating over MCG" though. Sure, they're getting in people. But with MCG bringing in AntVenom, they're gonna get waaaaaayyy more players and become more popular too. Sure, Hive has a nicer community, but with Vareide falling apart a couple of months back, they're pretty bummed out. Hive also needs to add more regions e.g AU (There's probably more, but I'm from 'Straya so that's all I can think of).

Anyways, a nice, long post for a little break from the other server's forums (even though I have no idea where to post there, lol)

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
Its just the adrenaline going theough ypur vains like a coaster when you get a good combo, comeback or kill someone. People with a lot of adrenaline just get a boost of a bunch of stuff, like seld-confidence that makes them any or type those things. But I completely agree with you.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree 100% with this thread really. I remember enjoying this game so much when I started out over 2 years ago. Most people were sooo polite and there was a lot of friendly competition.

Now, I can't die in a game without someone saying some over confident rude remark to me. People saying rekt, gg10 when they clean me up or 2v1/3v1 me. The community really does ruin the game for eachother. Not many people can honestly say that they enjoy being talked to like that after they die.

I'll admit I say it occasionally when I beat a team of 2, but that's because, well, they teamed on me lol. If you are gonna team on me, at least kill me. Especially when its teams of players with over 1k wins, that bugs me. I would say it talk dirty less than most people in this community tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci