• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop This Era of MCG.

Will you stop?

• Total voters

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating posting on this thread for too long... time to churn out some paragraphs c:

I'll admit, I say it out loud. When I'm on TeamSpeak, sometimes if I make an amazing combo or comeback, I'll shout "OOOOOOOOOOH GET REEEEEEEKT" or something like that in the heat of the moment. But the people that I play with know that I'm against being rude to other players, for example saying it in chat. I feel that it's OK to say it aloud when you're not in a place where you might unknowingly offend anyone else, but for example if you're not among friends, or if you're a YouTuber who's recording or a livestreamer who's streaming and has viewers, then it's not okay. Saying it in chat is different from saying it to your best friend right after you kill them.

Sometimes, I get a bit mad at people who think it's okay to insult each other for no reason.
For example, there was someone who was calling people "scrubs" and other derogatory terms for literally no reason, other than they were losing because one of their teammates had disconnected, thus putting them into a 4v5 situation with a clearly unfair disadvantage.
My conversation with them after the game:
"What makes you think that's it's okay to insult or offend someone? Are you any better than the people that you insult, that you have the right to be rude and disrespectful to them? What you did is considered harassment, and if you keep up that attitude in the adult world, you could be taken to court."
Their response?
"lol, its a game"

Do you have any idea how infuriating that is? That someone fails to acknowledge that other people have feelings, emotions, and rights? Just because it's a video game with a competitive system implemented doesn't mean that any one person is better than the other, just because they're winning. If someone asks you to be a bit nicer, the least you can do is apologize and leave them alone! But what about the people who don't? The people that you're offending might actually have insecurities, issues, depression, heck they could even be suicidal! And someone walks around shouting that they're worthless and should go kill themselves, using the excuse that it's a game, so it's OK to do something like that?

Yay you got to write a long post like you wanted! xP

Anyways, well put, Moo.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is why I wish MCG would re-implement /chatoff, so you could ignore other players chat.
If you get optifine there in multiplayer settings you can change the chat settings you want shown seriously just Explore a bit...

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating posting on this thread for too long... time to churn out some paragraphs c:

I'll admit, I say it out loud. When I'm on TeamSpeak, sometimes if I make an amazing combo or comeback, I'll shout "OOOOOOOOOOH GET REEEEEEEKT" or something like that in the heat of the moment. But the people that I play with know that I'm against being rude to other players, for example saying it in chat. I feel that it's OK to say it aloud when you're not in a place where you might unknowingly offend anyone else, but for example if you're not among friends, or if you're a YouTuber who's recording or a livestreamer who's streaming and has viewers, then it's not okay. Saying it in chat is different from saying it to your best friend right after you kill them.

Sometimes, I get a bit mad at people who think it's okay to insult each other for no reason.
For example, there was someone who was calling people "scrubs" and other derogatory terms for literally no reason, other than they were losing because one of their teammates had disconnected, thus putting them into a 4v5 situation with a clearly unfair disadvantage.
My conversation with them after the game:
"What makes you think that's it's okay to insult or offend someone? Are you any better than the people that you insult, that you have the right to be rude and disrespectful to them? What you did is considered harassment, and if you keep up that attitude in the adult world, you could be taken to court."
Their response?
"lol, its a game"

Do you have any idea how infuriating that is? That someone fails to acknowledge that other people have feelings, emotions, and rights? Just because it's a video game with a competitive system implemented doesn't mean that any one person is better than the other, just because they're winning. If someone asks you to be a bit nicer, the least you can do is apologize and leave them alone! But what about the people who don't? The people that you're offending might actually have insecurities, issues, depression, heck they could even be suicidal! And someone walks around shouting that they're worthless and should go kill themselves, using the excuse that it's a game, so it's OK to do something like that?

Finally able to make a long response to a thread. ;)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you get optifine there in multiplayer settings you can change the chat settings you want shown seriously just Explore a bit...
He wants to see messages from the server though such as the number of tributes remaining, which is what I believe /chatoff used to do.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Solution: Don't talk at all, and when you die, leave the server immediately.

Yoshie123455

Diamond
Reaction score
The only times I say GG as in get good is when I kill targeters and hackers. I also say gg10 to my friends as a joke. So those are the only times I say it. I always type Good game or good fight

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, the only way I see the "get rekt 10 harted" crap going away (and even then, very slowly), is if MCG made it against the rules if players are found to be saying them. I can see how it would be possible now to finally implement one, as most players are simply doing it now as a very slight form of harassment. It's a way to get a reaction out of someone, and a negative one at that. It's almost always guaranteed to anger the opposing player, and I've often seen fights over it. This causes more rules to be broken, and overall, it's just not a good thing to do.

In MOST communities spread across many different games when I first started PC gaming, most of them had rules against using chat speak, aka "dud3 th4ts s0 1337 lul". This was generally against the rules because it also spread like wildfire, and eventually caused arguments on forums, in games, and the likes. Here's a weird analogy: Do you at the age you're at now feel like you would enjoy only ever being allowed to converse with 4 year olds? The overwhelming majority would probably choose no, because within only minutes of frustrating conversations with the only people in the world you're allowed to talk to (4 year olds), you'd probably rather keep to yourself and never talk to any of the others in the world. That's how us who don't ever use these terms feel, just replace the word "world" with "server". When I see someone tell me that I just got gg rekt, and then their buddies say lul ownd in chat right afterwards, I actually feel like in that moment that I am but one normal person being forced to socialize with 4 year old children. I personally feel like the actual community has become less social in game (only speaking in game during matches). This is BAD. This means new players aren't even doing the weird things the majority of new players have always done in the past. I even find this type of talk used in the two active hubs, 1 and 8.

Either way, that was my rant on this topic, again. Just this time I posted a different perspective. I think rules against multiple offenders of just all around being assholes on purpose should be punished in game. Just like a 4 year old, they should get disciplined.. Often.

Last edited:

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Chatoff was something different. It would make it so you couldn't see other players chat. But you would still get stuff from staff and server announcements.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
One day, I was thinking. I go on tons of servers each day, I've noticed something. I've noticed people actually saying GG, I remember MCSGv1, people saying "good game!" and the losers saying "good game!" back. Now, this era of MCG, and Minecraft in general, is just saying "ez, rekt, l2p, get good". I want an era where everyone can say gg and move on with their life. I'm here making this thread to explain to you all one thing.

Please, just stop playing like this. How can you expect to say l2p, and rekt, and stuff like this, and expect it to be funny? People are leaving MCSG, good people, people who I hate to see leave. "MCSG isn't fun anymore" "MCSG isn't nice anymore". Why? Why must you think that it's ok to say this?

Time to get on a different topic. It's against the federal law, it's being broken so many times, and it even has to be apart of the rules here? That actually has to be a thing? In my opinion, Hive's winning. Hive's community is together, welcoming, warm, nice. DDoSing others in order to get #1 clan? Really? Oh, this person makes me mad, I don't like him/her, time to break the law and DDoS.

People breaking laws, people actually hurting themselves, over MCSG? The people in MCSG, doing these kinds of things. I'm not one of these people, to be honest. I'm ranting on about this, not for myself, but for all of MCSG. MCSG's future is bright, but people's insight on MCSG are "Rude community" "non-welcoming".

Open your mind before you say something like this, do something like this. I'm saying this because, MCSG is falling apart. Please, #StopTheAbuse. Stop all the DDoSing nonsense, this community makes me sick. Sorry, it does. People are breaking the law over a 16 bit game? I'm surprised that it even needs to be a rule. I stay up at night thinking, what if MCSG, listen to me here, had all of this amazing plugins, and a welcoming, rewarding, community.

People say "eZ doesn't bother me". Well, you know, some people have it bother them. So just stop. Please, just do. Again, this is out of the random, Nothing happened to me personally to make this thread, it just came to me. This is YOUR server, that you love and come on every day, be the change you want to see in the world.

I hope this made you think, and maybe if YOU were one of the people to say eZ, or even DDoS, you don't have to admit to it. Just stop it all together.

- Shadow/Chris

#StopTheAbuse
The abusers just got rekt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci