• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Something Needs to be done...Anything

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, I know there are already a few threads about the problem of too many VIPs. This thread is to reiterate some points made and make a few more of my own.

VIP used to be something special...But now it hardly means anything. It seems as though MCSG has just decided to make VIP something readily available for those who want it (no offense at all).... Building maps is now the way to VIP which can be a good idea but the difficulty of getting the rank through maps is too easy... The way it's set up now is one map = 4 VIP ranks.

I'll give you an example, my build team (Red Forest), got two maps accepted- Moon Base 9 and Treacherous Heights. We had 8 VIP slots to distribute. That's too many.
Now, I'll explain how it can be fixed w/o having to make a full new rank. Of those 8 slots we had, we used 3: One for each of the leaders. We did this because we did the most on the maps that were accepted and truly deserved it (obviously in my own opinion). We didn't even use 5 of those VIP ranks because we know how it would just encourage the problem that is growing. If the makers of the maps that are accepted just give it to those who did the absolute most on the map/maps, the problem would slow to a crawl and the VIP rank would start to become something special again.

Other than the recently stated solution, there are a few more that can be done.

One was started by Blamph. He suggested making a map maker rank. This is another perfectly reasonably solution and could possibly work better than the solution I stated in the above paragraphs.

Now, if we combine all these various solutions, I think we can find one very good solution. I took a bit to think about it and I have come up with this: Have a map maker rank for the 3 that worked the most on a map. Those three would get the map maker rank. Now, if they made another map and were the three that worked the most on it again, they could choose to hold onto that rank. If this happened once more, they could use those three to gain VIP. This would require a player to play one of the biggest roles in making three different maps. Now think about that, three different maps for a person! That is really hard to do (and might not be done, but is still possible). They would then obtain VIP. This would truly make them worthy of the VIP rank. Everyone else who made a map but not three maps would obtain map maker which is essentially donator but more rare than donators and more common than VIPs. Along with the three people that worked the most on the map, those who worked on it the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th most (Next 4 after the top three for the map) would obtain donator (MCSG could determine which level of donation to make it). If this player obtained donator (meaning they worked on the map a significant amount, but not the most of everyone) multiple times, they could stack them to get map maker rank and so on.

Now, I know that following that whole process is extremely hard since I didn't explain it too well (I don't fully have the ENTIRE process thought out, only most of it). This can summarize it:
Think of it like this- Top three workers on a map receive map maker. If they do this three times (make three maps), they receive VIP (and truly deserve it then). If you work on the map, but not the most (4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th most), you get donator. If you do this 3 times, you get map maker.

If you have any questions at all about the whole process, just ask away. I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability.

Carson252

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, I know there are already a few threads about the problem of too many VIPs. This thread is to reiterate some points made and make a few more of my own.

VIP used to be something special...But now it hardly means anything. It seems as though MCSG has just decided to make VIP something readily available for those who want it (no offense at all).... Building maps is now the way to VIP which can be a good idea but the difficulty of getting the rank through maps is too easy... The way it's set up now is one map = 4 VIP ranks.

I'll give you an example, my build team (Red Forest), got two maps accepted- Moon Base 9 and Treacherous Heights. We had 8 VIP slots to distribute. That's too many.
Now, I'll explain how it can be fixed w/o having to make a full new rank. Of those 8 slots we had, we used 3: One for each of the leaders. We did this because we did the most on the maps that were accepted and truly deserved it (obviously in my own opinion). We didn't even use 5 of those VIP ranks because we know how it would just encourage the problem that is growing. If the makers of the maps that are accepted just give it to those who did the absolute most on the map/maps, the problem would slow to a crawl and the VIP rank would start to become something special again.

Other than the recently stated solution, there are a few more that can be done.

One was started by Blamph. He suggested making a map maker rank. This is another perfectly reasonably solution and could possibly work better than the solution I stated in the above paragraphs.

Now, if we combine all these various solutions, I think we can find one very good solution. I took a bit to think about it and I have come up with this: Have a map maker rank for the 3 that worked the most on a map. Those three would get the map maker rank. Now, if they made another map and were the three that worked the most on it again, they could choose to hold onto that rank. If this happened once more, they could use those three to gain VIP. This would require a player to play one of the biggest roles in making three different maps. Now think about that, three different maps for a person! That is really hard to do (and might not be done, but is still possible). They would then obtain VIP. This would truly make them worthy of the VIP rank. Everyone else who made a map but not three maps would obtain map maker which is essentially donator but more rare than donators and more common than VIPs. Along with the three people that worked the most on the map, those who worked on it the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th most (Next 4 after the top three for the map) would obtain donator (MCSG could determine which level of donation to make it). If this player obtained donator (meaning they worked on the map a significant amount, but not the most of everyone) multiple times, they could stack them to get map maker rank and so on.

Now, I know that following that whole process is extremely hard since I didn't explain it too well (I don't fully have the ENTIRE process thought out, only most of it). This can summarize it:
Think of it like this- Top three workers on a map receive map maker. If they do this three times (make three maps), they receive VIP (and truly deserve it then). If you work on the map, but not the most (4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th most), you get donator. If you do this 3 times, you get map maker.

If you have any questions at all about the whole process, just ask away. I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability.
#Amen

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
But, this still requires a new rank to be created... And a word from the devs say its not high on their priority list, nor is it easy to make a new rank! + were out of colors to use ;) ! If you can discover a solution that does not involve creating a new rank, Id love to hear it! Im on your side of the issue, dont get me wrong...

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
But, this still requires a new rank to be created... And a word from the devs say its not high on their priority list, nor is it easy to make a new rank! + were out of colors to use ;) ! If you can discover a solution that does not involve creating a new rank, Id love to hear it! Im on your side of the issue, dont get me wrong...
Hmm....Possibly something with the teired system that I had...Maybe have it where instead of map maker, they get diamond donor? And after that goes to VIP. It would be the exact same but instead of map maker, it's diamond donor, essentially the same.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
So, very basically, a map maker rank for those who have made one or few maps, and VIP for those who have had quite a few maps accepted or are leaders of build teams with lots of maps? (Teweran, TE, etc)

I like the idea, it has been considered in the past. :)

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Light Green (Emerald color) isn't currently being used by a rank, and isn't blinding to the eyes in a chat. I don't think orange is being used also, though that could be commonly associated to gold, and blue isn't either, though I heard they are possibly making mods blue soon. There are thousands of colors *gets crayola box of crayons*, around 16.8 million viable options.

Didn't MCJackson already confirm a new Map Builder/Maker type rank coming soon?

egoldo

Career
Reaction score
Light Green (Emerald color) isn't currently being used by a rank, and isn't blinding to the eyes in a chat. I don't think orange is being used also, though that could be commonly associated to gold, and blue isn't either, though I heard they are possibly making mods blue soon. There are thousands of colors *gets crayola box of crayons*, around 16.8 million viable options.

Didn't MCJackson already confirm a new Map Builder/Maker type rank coming soon?
so much VIP its ruining the title of VIP

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
So, very basically, a map maker rank for those who have made one or few maps, and VIP for those who have had quite a few maps accepted or are leaders of build teams with lots of maps? (Teweran, TE, etc)

I like the idea, it has been considered in the past. :)
So do you think that this idea has a chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci