• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Small amount of XP for a Kill!

Should this be added to MCSG?!

• Yes :)

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No :(

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's also possible to do that solo and have an easier time with teams.
I am liking this friendly debate <3. No flame wars, no thing, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
That's true as well... but let's just say there is a team (most likely will) and they inevitably kill at least 6 people. That's a team with possibly an iron sword and an enchanted iron sword, without considering the fact that the 6 people they killed did have diamonds.
I suppose I could be biased because I highly dislike teams themselves and anything that gives them more of an advantage over others, but these are my thoughts... what are yours about mine?

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
I think no, enchanted swords can become extremely OP and just make it so the stacked players become even more stacked.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I am liking this friendly debate <3. No flame wars, no thing, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
That's true as well... but let's just say there is a team (most likely will) and they inevitably kill at least 6 people. That's a team with possibly an iron sword and an enchanted iron sword, without considering the fact that the 6 people they killed did have diamonds.
I suppose I could be biased because I highly dislike teams themselves and anything that gives them more of an advantage over others, but these are my thoughts... what are yours about mine?
When the team gets kills, it's likely that 1 person will not be the only one killing. That means the XP will be split between them and rather useless until one member gets 6. They could concentrate on trying to do that, but I can't see a random team doing that.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When the team gets kills, it's likely that 1 person will not be the only one killing. That means the XP will be split between them and rather useless until one member gets 6. They could concentrate on trying to do that, but I can't see a random team doing that.
What if it's a team where one goes in to weaken, one goes in to finish him off? Doesn't seem likely though... :/.
IDK, I'm out of arguments... you win! c:

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I suggested this awhile back, I wish it would get added :c

Then we'd have geared out teams with enchanted armor/weapons. Nupe from me.
It would really depend on how many people they have killed and how much xp you would get for each kill.

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
What if it's a team where one goes in to weaken, one goes in to finish him off? Doesn't seem likely though... :/.
IDK, I'm out of arguments... you win! c:
It's a miracle... An argument on the internet that was friendly, constructive and didn't have any stupid name calling or insults of any kind. I'LL GET THE CHAMPAIGNE!

lucas_rag

Experienced
Reaction score
I suggested this awhile back, I wish it would get added :c

It would really depend on how many people they have killed and how much xp you would get for each kill.
Yeah it would be more fun and exciting.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I would much rather play a game where nobody has enchanted swords compared to one with 2 or 3 people who have enchanted swords.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Think realistically about how many kills a good player gets in one game.. Its almost never above 8 or 9. For teams It wouldn't be an advantage as stated before, all the xp would be split between them, therefore taking the team twice as long to get any enchantments, and they would need to kill half he players in a full game to both enchant, which doesn't happen too often.

I think this would be a great replacement for getting xp seeing as it used to be a heap easier with mobs:)
Even if it was 10 kills per level, that way you could get 5 kills and then just fish for a bit, or cook.

Not only that but It will be a great way to stop players camping making for more action packed games, instead of slow 25 minute ones:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci