• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES SG:Shore

Shore

• Total voters

Timmeh

Tribute
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, I do not take your opinions as valid in any way since you hate on anything we do, so it seems like a personal vendetta rather than valid criticism

1. For one it isnt a lakebed, at least attempt to read the theme and before criticising, there are many builds in the seabed and if we added more it would look unrealistic and bad, from a build standpoint it is in fact appealing as it is matching the theme

2.The detailing is fine, having worked on 13 maps already accepted to MCGamer, I think I can judge the cohesiveness of a build, you can use a variety of build types, some more detailed than others and it works for the map, it looks great and we have only been getting compliments up to this point (so thankyou for being the first negative)

3.I don't think you understand what some of these words mean, a theme while related to block type and coherancy of the map, it is not directly the same thing, the "Theme" is a shoreside village where the sea has drained away leaving the seabed barren, 1- Shoreside village-check 2-lighthouse-check 3- barren seabed-also check seems like we are rather on point for theme.

Personally to me it seems you are trying to find flaws in a map everyone else is enjoying to bring us down but by trying to say things in a clever way such as where you are saying coherancy and flow, are you an artist judging an art piece? no.

You aren't impressed with the map? (shocker) I already told people you would be hating on the map so congratulations on being entirely predictable to my expectations. Please do not comment on this thread again as I am pretty done with these petty comments and I would rather spend my time talking to people with valid opinions, if you are not Joel "mad dog" and you think its dumb when people have vendettas against maps feel free to give this comment a like.

And in case you have trouble reading since you couldn't get the theme right:

Please DO NOT COMMENT AGAIN Joel/MadDawg I have heard your opinion, and I do not care for it
Ezpz GG10 rekt

Timmeh

Tribute
Reaction score
Ninetailefox92 Joel/MadDawg

I've noticed... well, tension between you two on this thread. Maybe I could add my own insight.

As builders, we make our maps public to get opinions; not to show them off. If I didn't care about opinions, I wouldn't have submitted Zone 85 to the forums and would have gone straight to the staff with it.

Criticism will always be there; negative and positive. Just because a person gives a negative criticism doesn't mean they are against the map. Just because a person gives positive criticism doesn't mean the map is good.

Ninetailefox92 I have noticed a pattern with you. I remember when Mortal Skies came out, and I had a negative critique about it. (Long story short, you nearly had me banned from the forums). However, I for one am far from disliking you. In fact, you are one of the few people in this community I can relate to and even look up to. Just remember, taking criticism, and growing from it is what separates good builders from great ones. You can be stubborn and get mad at everyone who has a single negative thing to say about your maps, or you can take what they say, apply it to the map, and see if its worth changing. There is ALWAYS room for growth. No matter if you are a build team with the capabilities of FyreUK or a first time builder submitting their first project.
====
Anyway, I do think Joel was out of line with the way he presented his criticisms, but as far as I can tell, most of them are applicable to this map.

I don't mean to get in an argument that's not mine, but, at the same time, I can relate to both of you, and neither of you approached this correctly.
Maybe we can think of some other build teams like maybe: Athion, UcanCraft what kinda used to be Vadact and like ThatOldKid Etc... not saying FyreUK is bad but they can be beaten with more, I don't know less popular, stronger build teams.

On the other hand I must say that this post was very sophisticated and thought through.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This map looks great Nine! Most of your build always turn out great (besides that barn with the skull painting on the build challenge video xD xD)

Just don't listen to the haters, take Taylor Swifts advice: "And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. I shake it off, I shake it off"

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly don't think this is the strongest map you've done, where did the immense detail level go, like on Memory Of Earth?
It just feels really bland.
If you ask me, your focusing more on the PvP aspects of maps more than appearance.
Hope I don't come across arrogant or anything like that ;).​

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I honestly don't think this is the strongest map you've done, where did the immense detail level go, like on Memory Of Earth?
If you ask me, your focusing more on the PvP aspects of maps more than appearance.
FLAME ON?

Edit: jk plz dnt hurt me

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
Honestly we are focusing more on pvp considering 2-3 of our maps have been removed, sheerly because of the high ammount of detail.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly we are focusing more on pvp considering 2-3 of our maps have been removed, sheerly because of the high ammount of detail.
Were those the maps you revamped? If not then could you please inform me which maps they were, since I don't know.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
Memory of Earth.. unsure the other two he was referencing.. maybe fallen haven? and... unsure
Fallen haven was the other one, but I just added another one on there incase I missed one of the other ones that had potential to have been removed.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Memory of Earth.. unsure the other two he was referencing.. maybe fallen haven? and... unsure
Fallen haven was the other one, but I just added another one on there incase I missed one of the other ones that had potential to have been removed.
Fallen Haven was unplayable. Why can't it just come back now, since it should be playable by now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci