• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES SG:Shore

Shore

• Total voters

KrumbleCake

Platinum
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, I do not take your opinions as valid in any way since you hate on anything we do, so it seems like a personal vendetta rather than valid criticism

1. For one it isnt a lakebed, at least attempt to read the theme and before criticising, there are many builds in the seabed and if we added more it would look unrealistic and bad, from a build standpoint it is in fact appealing as it is matching the theme

2.The detailing is fine, having worked on 13 maps already accepted to MCGamer, I think I can judge the cohesiveness of a build, you can use a variety of build types, some more detailed than others and it works for the map, it looks great and we have only been getting compliments up to this point (so thankyou for being the first negative)

3.I don't think you understand what some of these words mean, a theme while related to block type and coherancy of the map, it is not directly the same thing, the "Theme" is a shoreside village where the sea has drained away leaving the seabed barren, 1- Shoreside village-check 2-lighthouse-check 3- barren seabed-also check seems like we are rather on point for theme.

Personally to me it seems you are trying to find flaws in a map everyone else is enjoying to bring us down but by trying to say things in a clever way such as where you are saying coherancy and flow, are you an artist judging an art piece? no.

You aren't impressed with the map? (shocker) I already told people you would be hating on the map so congratulations on being entirely predictable to my expectations. Please do not comment on this thread again as I am pretty done with these petty comments and I would rather spend my time talking to people with valid opinions, if you are not Joel "mad dog" and you think its dumb when people have vendettas against maps feel free to give this comment a like.

And in case you have trouble reading since you couldn't get the theme right:

Please DO NOT COMMENT AGAIN Joel/MadDawg I have heard your opinion, and I do not care for it
I agree with Joel. If this gets thrown on the server after just being posted I feel bad for people who made amazing maps waiting for months already. I do like your builds, but this is similar to a Holiday Resort. Sorry, but I think it can be better. Much love. -----------Vegsie poo

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
will there be a download link soon? I'd love to check it out in singleplayer instead of looking at pictures/videos

J

Joel/MadDawg

Yes, I am posting again on this thread. I'm not gonna let you post something so insulting about me without letting me get a word in.

To be brutally honest, I do not take your opinions as valid in any way since you hate on anything we do, so it seems like a personal vendetta rather than valid criticism
So when one person is always critical, It has to be a vendetta? Just because I usually have a negative response to your maps does not mean that I hate you, something that I've tried to explain to you in the past.

If you think about it, it's pretty obvious that I respect you at least a little bit. I've PM'ed you before to ask you what you don't like about my map critiques, and I even tried to join your SMP server when I gave YouTube a spin for a few days.

The "I do not take your opinions as valid in any way" thing does irk me a bit. I do mean the best when I make a map review, and throwing everything I say out the window because you think I hate you is pretty frustrating for me. Also, I don't hate on your maps, I critique them. For my point number three I could've said "there is no block scheme" (hate), but instead I went in to detail about how all the separate areas of the map have contrasting sets of blocks used (critisism).
1. For one it isnt a lakebed, at least attempt to read the theme and before criticising, there are many builds in the seabed and if we added more it would look unrealistic and bad, from a build standpoint it is in fact appealing as it is matching the theme
OMG, Ninetailefox is hating on my post because I got one thing wrong!!!! He must have a vendetta against me!!!

Or you could respond to the critiques maturely and say something like "Thank you Ninetaile for pointing out this flaw in my post. With this now in mind, I will now go back to my post and edit it to make it as good as it can be".

Why do you feel the need to say all that crap about my "vendetta" and how my posts are irrelevent when all you needed to say was the part about how overcrowding the sea floor was a bad idea. While I may disagree with it, I respect that viewpoint about the builds on the seafloor and would leave it alone.
2.The detailing is fine, having worked on 13 maps already accepted to MCGamer, I think I can judge the cohesiveness of a build, you can use a variety of build types, some more detailed than others and it works for the map, it looks great and we have only been getting compliments up to this point (so thankyou for being the first negative)
Let me ask you a question Nine; do you think this map is as good as it can be? Because with my comments I'm trying to make maps as good as they can be, not ones that barely make the requirements of mcgamer.

Excuse me for being the first real criticism on this post, because I try to make educated opinions about things by myself instead of blindly commenting "this map looks great!" because a famous person built it.
3.I don't think you understand what some of these words mean, a theme while related to block type and coherancy of the map, it is not directly the same thing, the "Theme" is a shoreside village where the sea has drained away leaving the seabed barren, 1- Shoreside village-check 2-lighthouse-check 3- barren seabed-also check seems like we are rather on point for theme.
Ok, I simply replaced the word "scheme" with "theme" once to try to create diversity in my word choice. I think you know what I meant, so I'm a little confused why you had to go on a little lecture about what theme is. This paragraph really just seems like you're trying to make me sound uneducated about building.
Personally to me it seems you are trying to find flaws in a map
That's what a critic does...
You aren't impressed with the map? (shocker) I already told people you would be hating on the map so congratulations on being entirely predictable to my expectations. Please do not comment on this thread again as I am pretty done with these petty comments and I would rather spend my time talking to people with valid opinions
You care about my posts enough to tell people about them? I guess we're getting somewhere...

Once again, why is my opinion invalid? Because you don't like it; because it brings into question how good this map is? It seems like if anyone is getting hated on here it's me, because you seem to really dislike what I post for no reason. There is no vendetta between us, there is just honest map criticism that gets ignored and rejected by someone to stubborn to take it into consideration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci