• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES SG:Shore

Shore

• Total voters

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
will there be a download link soon? I'd love to check it out in singleplayer instead of looking at pictures/videos
As far as downloads for RedForest maps there is never a public download, we don't like to give it out as we have had multipule occasions where people steal our work without credit. (Slyfox,vikkistar,etc) Other than that there is not a current way to view it.
I agree with Joel. If this gets thrown on the server after just being posted I feel bad for people who made amazing maps waiting for months already. I do like your builds, but this is similar to a Holiday Resort. Sorry, but I think it can be better. Much love. -----------Vegsie poo
Can I have your intel and help determine how you, personally, would make it better, because that helps us greatly in improving what the community would like to see.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Having played the map there's nothing about this map that is similar to holiday resort, except it has a lighthouse... That doesn't make it a similar map... lol

I thoroughly enjoyed the map, great job.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Ninetailefox92 Joel/MadDawg

I've noticed... well, tension between you two on this thread. Maybe I could add my own insight.

As builders, we make our maps public to get opinions; not to show them off. If I didn't care about opinions, I wouldn't have submitted Zone 85 to the forums and would have gone straight to the staff with it.

Criticism will always be there; negative and positive. Just because a person gives a negative criticism doesn't mean they are against the map. Just because a person gives positive criticism doesn't mean the map is good.

Ninetailefox92 I have noticed a pattern with you. I remember when Mortal Skies came out, and I had a negative critique about it. (Long story short, you nearly had me banned from the forums). However, I for one am far from disliking you. In fact, you are one of the few people in this community I can relate to and even look up to. Just remember, taking criticism, and growing from it is what separates good builders from great ones. You can be stubborn and get mad at everyone who has a single negative thing to say about your maps, or you can take what they say, apply it to the map, and see if its worth changing. There is ALWAYS room for growth. No matter if you are a build team with the capabilities of FyreUK or a first time builder submitting their first project.
====
Anyway, I do think Joel was out of line with the way he presented his criticisms, but as far as I can tell, most of them are applicable to this map.

I don't mean to get in an argument that's not mine, but, at the same time, I can relate to both of you, and neither of you approached this correctly.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Ninetailefox92 Joel/MadDawg

I've noticed... well, tension between you two on this thread. Maybe I could add my own insight.

As builders, we make our maps public to get opinions; not to show them off. If I didn't care about opinions, I wouldn't have submitted Zone 85 to the forums and would have gone straight to the staff with it.

Criticism will always be there; negative and positive. Just because a person gives a negative criticism doesn't mean they are against the map. Just because a person gives positive criticism doesn't mean the map is good.

Ninetailefox92 I have noticed a pattern with you. I remember when Mortal Skies came out, and I had a negative critique about it. (Long story short, you nearly had me banned from the forums). However, I for one am far from disliking you. In fact, you are one of the few people in this community I can relate to and even look up to. Just remember, taking criticism, and growing from it is what separates good builders from great ones. You can be stubborn and get mad at everyone who has a single negative thing to say about your maps, or you can take what they say, apply it to the map, and see if its worth changing. There is ALWAYS room for growth. No matter if you are a build team with the capabilities of FyreUK or a first time builder submitting their first project.
====
Anyway, I do think Joel was out of line with the way he presented his criticisms, but as far as I can tell, most of them are applicable to this map.

I don't mean to get in an argument that's not mine, but, at the same time, I can relate to both of you, and neither of you approached this correctly.
I will happily take fair criticism, I was mad at the criticism on mortal skies as they were not valid points, such as criticising it for being unrealistic for the flying ships, even though its minecraft and fantasy so you can build some pretty unbelievable things, in the case of Joel, he hates on almost every map, I believe in people giving advice when they have sufficient valid knowledge to back up their points, for instance someone like alpaka who is an amazing builder and has a lot of experience told me the colour palette doesn't suit the map, I would take that as a valid critique.

The way Joel angles his critique is very negative and is no way helping the map, also he just happens to hate on like every map we do? I reserve my right to decide the validity of someones opinion, in my opinion, and in my opinion he has a vendetta against us and isnt actually helping the thread, hence I requested him not to comment again, but he did trying to provoke an argument even though its just wasting time (as I previously said I do not see his opinions as valid, so posting them more.. doesn't change anything?)

Basically I wouldn't have got to this point if I didn't take criticism and didn't value peoples opinions, but I do value opinions, but not all opinions are necessarily good opinions and when it gets to the point where one person is constantly negative, is it worth taking your time to please them when the majority are already pleased

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Looks interesting! Would like to see a 24 player version too possibly?

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I will happily take fair criticism, I was mad at the criticism on mortal skies as they were not valid points, such as criticising it for being unrealistic for the flying ships, even though its minecraft and fantasy so you can build some pretty unbelievable things, in the case of Joel, he hates on almost every map, I believe in people giving advice when they have sufficient valid knowledge to back up their points, for instance someone like alpaka who is an amazing builder and has a lot of experience told me the colour palette doesn't suit the map, I would take that as a valid critique.

The way Joel angles his critique is very negative and is no way helping the map, also he just happens to hate on like every map we do? I reserve my right to decide the validity of someones opinion, in my opinion, and in my opinion he has a vendetta against us and isnt actually helping the thread, hence I requested him not to comment again, but he did trying to provoke an argument even though its just wasting time (as I previously said I do not see his opinions as valid, so posting them more.. doesn't change anything?)

Basically I wouldn't have got to this point if I didn't take criticism and didn't value peoples opinions, but I do value opinions, but not all opinions are necessarily good opinions and when it gets to the point where one person is constantly negative, is it worth taking your time to please them when the majority are already pleased
I really do appreciate this response. I completely understand.

I am also sorry for bringing up Mortal Skies, the past is the past.

I guess you don't get this way: http://puu.sh/eKtpZ/ee23179f68.png without knowing what you are doing. ;)

I just interpreted this situation wrong and let past experiences get the best of me. No hard feelings I hope. Keep doing what you do, you are a blessing to this community. Know that.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I really do appreciate this response. I completely understand.

I am also sorry for bringing up Mortal Skies, the past is the past.

I guess you don't get this way: http://puu.sh/eKtpZ/ee23179f68.png without knowing what you are doing. ;)

I just interpreted this situation wrong and let past experiences get the best of me. No hard feelings I hope. Keep doing what you do, you are a blessing to this community. Know that.
Thanks man I appreciate it <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci