• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

RF5- Memory of Earth: Day Zero

Will you be entering the tournament?

• Yersh :3

Votes: 76 78.4%
  • Nerp :3

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice, I don't think it is as visually stunning as some of your other maps but it still great. :) (I have one little critique though, whoever took the screenshots is not very good at it. They are pretty bad to be honest and I don't feel as if they really do the map justice. [the video is a lot better and it would be even without shaders])
We just wanted to post honest default pictures of our map not adding any effects in to make it look better than it actually is, the shaders in the trailer show off how the map would look in shaders. You can't really critique a map on the skill of the person taking the screenshots as that just seems like you are trying to pick holes, personally I feel this map is of a better quality than our previous maps so I would say it is more visually stunning. Thankyou for your comment though

Reaction score
We just wanted to post honest default pictures of our map not adding any effects in to make it look better than it actually is, the shaders in the trailer show off how the map would look in shaders. You can't really critique a map on the skill of the person taking the screenshots as that just seems like you are trying to pick holes, personally I feel this map is of a better quality than our previous maps so I would say it is more visually stunning. Thankyou for your comment though
Fair enough but I think you can still be honest and try to get great shots in default minecraft. Maybe its just because I have photography as hobby so it kinda makes me try to present things using good camera angles etc :/
Oh well, it does look good though :)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Fair enough but I think you can still be honest and try to get great shots in default minecraft. Maybe its just because I have photography as hobby so it kinda makes me try to present things using good camera angles etc :/
Oh well, it does look good though :)
As the one that took the screenshots so my opinion is biased but I can explain why I took them the way I did. When taking the pictures, I wanted the capture a lot of the terraforming in the background since the trailer focuses on presenting just the buildings.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
The builds themselves look very nice but the layout doesn't seem right.
"doesn't seem right?" can you clarify on that? it has been laid out in a way which should be good for gameplay and will make it easy to get around, from our previous maps we have developed a good sense of how to get decent gameplay such as in icarus

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"doesn't seem right?" can you clarify on that? it has been laid out in a way which should be good for gameplay and will make it easy to get around, from our previous maps we have developed a good sense of how to get decent gameplay such as in icarus
By that I mean nothing blends well together. The roads are too narrow for a city and the grass is at the same level with little borders between the two. It seems as if you built parts of a city and other parts and then world edited them onto terrain.
There is no "theme" and the buildings just don't complement eachother in the way they are placed.
Look how flat the beach is , and the barrier looking over it has a path that just stops.
I just don't think the city is planned and layed out properly although the buildings look nice,
It could easily be improved so don't worry.
I mean no offence it's just my honest opinion.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
By that I mean nothing blends well together. The roads are too narrow for a city and the grass is at the same level with little borders between the two. It seems as if you built parts of a city and other parts and then world edited them onto terrain.
There is no "theme" and the buildings just don't complement eachother in the way they are placed.
Look how flat the beach is , and the barrier looking over it has a path that just stops.
I just don't think the city is planned and layed out properly although the buildings look nice,
It could easily be improved so don't worry.
I mean no offence it's just my honest opinion.
Map without a theme? There's a huge back story to the map for one thing explaining the theme, if anything we have involved multiple themes, some obvious and some more subtle between the two maps. We arranged the builds in a way that blends together in a pleasing and natural manner, the buildings are complimentary in similiar build styles and themes to each other and were placed to maximise fun gameplay, personally I feel maps with crazy steep terrain and continuous hills can be a bit dull and ruins gameplay, so we did it in a purposeful way to please our fans. I would appreciate if you abstain from hating on this thread due to personal feelings towards us.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Map without a theme? There's a huge back story to the map for one thing explaining the theme, if anything we have involved multiple themes, some obvious and some more subtle between the two maps. We arranged the builds in a way that blends together in a pleasing and natural manner, the buildings are complimentary in similiar build styles and themes to each other and were placed to maximise fun gameplay, personally I feel maps with crazy steep terrain and continuous hills can be a bit dull and ruins gameplay, so we did it in a purposeful way to please our fans. I would appreciate if you abstain from hating on this thread due to personal feelings towards us.
Personal feelings? Since when?
I don't believe I ever said anything bad about red forest maps....
It's just my opinion. Your the only one hating here.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Personal feelings? Since when?
I don't believe I ever said anything bad about red forest maps....
It's just my opinion. Your the only one hating here.
I am not hating, I just dont want personal feelings to interfere with this thread, I do not want to discuss it any further

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
I want you to know that I have solely looked at the pictures before posting this, and from those pictures, I thought the map looked quite flat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci