• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

RF5- Memory of Earth: Day Zero

Will you be entering the tournament?

• Yersh :3

Votes: 76 78.4%
  • Nerp :3

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
This map is sooooooo bad. No theme at all, random lights everywhere. I expected more.
I'm not really sure if you are joking or not? If you want to criticise maps, I suggest you formulate a proper post explaining what you think is bad. One sentence makes it seems like you are hating just for the point of it.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Alright.
WAY too much flat land, and this will cause people to run forever. Also this could be balanced by having somethings to fill in all the open flatland, which you do not have. The theme is very undetermined and it looks as if you have just placed random buildings everywhere with no connection to anything else. The cornucopia is nice because of it's simplicity but in an urban setting a ring with leaves in it? In my opinion you need to establish your lighting sources also, you have these random redstone lamp ground things, which look very irrelevant. If you are in need of some lighting you should use lamp posts for the urban area. You should also not have the crane because in this small area it being so close to suburbs would really not be practical.
These are fair criticisms of the map, this is the tournament version of the map to play on our next map: Memory Of Earth so don't worry about it being open flatland for the actual map, the theme is a town settings, and I feel everything fits together well. The lighting isnt random, it is arranged along the streets as small street lamps which we felt gave the nicest feel and allowed us to connect them to a redstone system so they turn on at night and off during the day. The crane is a small dock crane, on the dock, so personally I feel it is relevant.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Usually Redforest is really good at having a definite theme, and I enjoy that. However, this map seems to be lacking somewhat in the continuity department. The builds look great (omfg that gothic stuff), but there seems to be a clash of the look and feel of the map. On one hand, you have a marketplace in front of a grand manor/church, while somewhere nearby you have some very plain modern houses. These visual and structural clashes are everywhere in this map. I can't place my finger on what the building theme is. Overall everything looks great alone, but they don't play well together.

the theme is a town settings, and I feel everything fits together well.
I personally feel like the standard town theme has been stretched quite thin, and I have to disagree with everything fitting together nicely, sorry.

The terraforming is alright, but there are several instances where the field in front of a house/school/plaza is extremely plain and could use a little spice. Though you do say
this is the tournament version of the map so don't worry about it being open flatland for the actual map
By this I take that you'll add interesting additions to the terraforming and natural aesthetics for when you submit it for MCSG? Right now it feels and looks like several builds in a flatland environment with hills and mountains around it.

Lastly, sometimes the background mountains look like what they are: a background. Other times they look like very strange rock formations that do not look to be from nature. They lack some kind of transition. Transitions are lacking also on the beach area and some of the rock formations in the water. Everything else looks very nice.

I love the look of Redforest's maps usually, but I am not feeling this one, sorry. Some parts of it look nice. Hell, most of it looks wonderful, and I love them individually. But the pieces don't fit together that well. I don't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just critiquing. It's a lovely map, but every map has its flaws.

CaptainPhoenix30

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow, I noticed the pedestals are the same ones my map (80% done) has, haha now when I post the thread everyone will think I'm copying.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Wow, I noticed the pedestals are the same ones my map (80% done) has, haha now when I post the thread everyone will think I'm copying.
im sure noone will be bothered by similiar pedestals, the pedestals have to be pretty similiar anyways

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
They need to add this map. Like now.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
They need to add this map. Like now.
This one's not being added unless there's a very large demand for it. The other map is the one made for the servers. This one was made purely for the tournament.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci