• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revival of MCSG

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So it's rude to call out what you are basically doing? So you are going to lock the thread?
He may not, but I will if this thread continues to have this level of flame. I believe TheMinecraftPharaoh clearly stated that this thread was not created to start such flame, and providing criticism does not need to turn into an argument.

There isn't a need to attack each other anyway, clearly the things that have been said are major concerns of the community, but what is saying them over and over again going to do? The administration is well aware of what needs to be done, and is literally doing things right now to address the concerns of the community, so why do people keep repeating themselves and stating what usually are the same problems?

We don't have to be hostile to each other, and that's the bottom line. Cool?

Rapuzel

Spectator
Reaction score
He may not, but I will if this thread continues to have this level of flame. I believe TheMinecraftPharaoh clearly stated that this thread was not created to start such flame, and providing criticism does not need to turn into an argument.

There isn't a need to attack each other anyway, clearly the things that have been said are major concerns of the community, but what is saying them over and over again going to do? The administration is well aware of what needs to be done, and is literally doing things right now to address the concerns of the community, so why do people keep repeating themselves and stating what usually are the same problems?

We don't have to be hostile to each other, and that's the bottom line. Cool?
Exactly. Our nice and constructive criticism got turned into 'abuse' and 'disrespect' by staff. I think everyone but staff sees the problem here.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Anyway, since this is not being constructive and people would rather insult me, than try and argue their point maturely, I will stop here. Lets continue being mature and having a civilized argument/debate rather than insulting everyone who thinks different to you. If we can't do this. I will be forced to lock the thread.
So you lose an argument, and now you resort to lording your rank over them as if you're some god? Pathetic.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
And it only took one bad lion Dev to make their anticheat in like 2 hours or something. Of course they have improved it, but I think we all know who is more on top of things.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
Oh no the mod is going to lock the thread1!1!1 anyone could see this coming

N

Nikola

July/August, 2015 - Staff: "We are trying our best to fix the fns glitch!"

January, 2016 - Staff: "It's way harder than it looks like!"

I mean I'm not bashing on the staff team or anything, but let me just bash on them really quickly. (justahotgod) hehe.. lol

Anyway, even as an ex-staff member I agree with the community. It takes the devs way too much to fix glitches. Even if it was SO hard 6 months are more than enough to fix stuff, literally it's pissing me off even doe I don't play anymore.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Once again, I never said I was amazing at coding. I said I had 2 years experience. My simple statement was that I dislike when people are talking about how easy something is to fix when they have no idea. This also applies to many other issues. Anyway, since this is not being constructive and people would rather insult me, than try and argue their point maturely, I will stop here. Lets continue being mature and having a civilized argument/debate rather than insulting everyone who thinks different to you. If we can't do this. I will be forced to lock the thread.
No sir. You will not lock my thread. This is supposed to be a flameless thread and most of the comments are constructive criticism. Take it that way or leave...

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
No sir. You will not lock my thread. This is supposed to be a flameless thread and most of the comments are constructive criticism. Take it that way or leave...
I'd like to add on to this that in a thread like this it's better to just remove the flame instead of just locking the thread. Honestly, these kind of threads have the potential to bring in some amazing ideas.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok there a way to many incorrect things for me to write given i hate writing so im jsut going to say a few points

1) MCGamer exsisted before the Antvenom thing and no one try and contradict me as i was the admin that helped make this network become MCGamer.

2) to survive nowadays in minecraft you have to branch out and make new things its all well and good being a one hit wonder but then you die.

3) Tagging chad will not get you to him.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
My honest thoughts--

MCG was a server that got really popular in 2012 because of the movie. Then it went into a slow descent as other servers started to adopt the hunger games idea and the quality of MCSG went down overall. It hasn't successfully incorporated new ideas and gamemodes. The minigames besides MCSG are all unoriginal, poorly made, and completely unpopular.

And now we don't have enough developers to really change things a lot, and the staff try to cover up the fact that many of these huge problems exist.

To the staff, developers, and other with influence:
  • You need to revamp the website and forum so it looks more professional and the forum needs tidying up.
  • You need new, completely original gamemodes to attract new players. I came up with one a while ago in which players work as a team and travel through parkour. If you fail the parkour, you are trapped, but if one member of the team succeeds, they may rescue the rest of the team. Anyway, nobody seemed to like the idea, but new things like that need to be implemented.
  • You need to find ways to appeal to a larger audience with your gamemodes.
  • You need to fix a lot of bugs.
To the players:
  • If you want to have fun playing the game, go to another server. MCG has shown that they procrastinate changing anything endlessly and they lag behind in every way. Besides, other servers have much more things to do and probably have more people to meet as well.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
2) to survive nowadays in minecraft you have to branch out and make new things its all well and good being a one hit wonder but then you die.
I suppose that's true, however, the developers need to create gamemodes that appeal to the target market, rather than ones that are doomed to fail from the start, while also maintaining and updating their current popular gamemode (which they failed to do).
3) Tagging chad will not get you to him.
Which just shows how inactive the server owner is...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci