• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revival of MCSG

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Well it's not like I have 2 years of experience in Java development or anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Ok, so using your 2 years of Java development experience, do you believe the fns glitch is a massive problem, something incredibly difficult to fix that would take a group of qualified developers over 6 months? I mean, since you say you have a lot of experience with Java it's fair to assume you have a good idea.

Also, according to your profile you're 14 now. And you said you've been doing this for 2 years. I don't think you were doing some Dexter-boy genius level programming at age 12 til now. Mind explaining what this 'Java development experience' was? Because I seriously doubt you know more about this than the average person just because you played around with Java when you were 12 (I'm just assuming that's the case).

Seems more or less that you're trying to lend more credibility to what you're saying by pretending to be some kind of expert.

Last edited:

User03958

Spectator
Reaction score
Once again instead of listening to the community the staff goes to defend every single point made, who would have guessed? Before making the points I'm going to make I'll just start by responding to the flawed logic of the rebuttal by some of the staff.

You're also 14 and probably think you're top of the world. If you're going to brag about how you're a childhood genius coding since you were 12 years old please feel free to fix it; until then you have no credibility and you're blindly being a major kiss-ass. Solid points are being made by both sides in this topic, you're just begging for attention and giving no useful input.

If MCGamer ever gets into legal trouble for making the bans of their Minecraft server public feel free to let me know. Badlion have a similar system and it proves that their anti-cheat is indisputably the best. MCGamer only ever talk about how good their anti-cheat, which hasn't shown that it has done anything so far is compared to other servers. I'm sure that we, the community would settle for non-public bans if you could prove that the anti-cheat isn't a myth. The fact many players actually believe that you don't have an anti-cheat really proves something.

3 staff members coming from AntVenom and hundreds of community members leaving because they feel like their favourite game-mode isn't being worked on for a couple of minigames that only those 3 staff members play is not a worthwhile trade. No one ever asked for these mini-games. We asked for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, not Deadly Descent. (Granted that many of the community enjoys battlegrounds and uses it to warm up, that's a pat on the back for that one. ^.^)

Except for the developers, who actually make this server! Please try to note that background work which no one knows about doesn't get recognised in the eyes of the community as work unless you have something to show for it. For the years this game-mode has been out it has taken way too long to fix bugs (1.6 BSM & FnS come to mind) which are a pain in the ass for everyone. Fixing regen hacks was a start but you still have a very long way to go.

@ Delusional community members who think this server is dying: MCGamer is not going to die, at least any time soon. People will still play this game despite the awful state it's in half the time. Player counts have dropped but it's not like this server only has 100 active players at a time. It also has a crazy amount of donors, relax. It's not the apocalypse.

@ Delusion staff members who think numbers mean the community isn't dying: I really hope you all learnt an issue from David "I'm an Engineer not a Maccas employee and if you say anything about me I'll ban you off this server" B. You banned half of the influential community members away because they noticed the flaws in this server. If you're not willing to accept criticism, this server deserves to die. Don't do that. The community, the people that make this server what it is ARE dying. That is a fact. Look at the forums in 2013/14 and compare it to now. The community, the people that matter are getting sick of the excuses. The people that matter are going to leave and the tryhards who think stats matter nowadays will reign supreme with their 8 man teams. Have fun with that.

I can list the history of MCGamer, all your colossal bunnies ups and the rare times you satisfied the community. Instead of bashing on the past I'll straight up tell you what needs to happen.

MCGamer: Relax on the rules and stop trying to cater the game for 10 year olds. The 10 year olds are using mods on SMP servers, the majority of this community is 13+. Swearing is natural, don't filter everything. (Granted swearing and abusing others isn't to be condoned, don't get the wrong idea) Don't get your moderators to ban players for having the same name as another banned players. Lighten up. Allow players to bypass on an alt and you'll have half of the community you unfarily banned away back instead of persisting to get rid of players who were somewhat controversial for good. You're wasting everyone's time. This also generates revenue for people who buy donors on more than 1 account + your player count goes up. I'm sure your perfect anti-cheat with no false positives can ban away all the hackers too. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure.

MCSG: Fix the FnS glitch (which I hear is in the process of happening, good job!). Remove the old maps no one plays anymore, remove the new maps that no one ever played. And now, I'm not saying make the game only Valleyside and SG4. Just remove the maps that are only played when that one tryhard with quantum donor decides to vote Mortal Skies because he made a 20 tier 2 chest route which took him 3 hours so he could win on Minecraft. Those aren't maps that people enjoy, that's a joke. Also update your amazing anticheat with no false positives onto the server so we don't need to experience hackers, that too.

Minigames: Remove Deadly Descent and all of the other minigames which are so irrelevant only the 3 staff from AntVenoms server know the names of them. Add 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 gamemodes with an elo ladder so the only competitive thing on this server isn't just survival games. Make UHC's something that people actually want to play on MCGamer instead of going over to Badlion. (A start would be to support 1.7 and have staff hosting UHC's and making the time and dates public). You failed with the AntVenom merge, he didn't even give your server publicity. His minigames are a waste of space on your network.

Staff Team & Developers: Don't be so concealed and only actually satisfy the community every 6 months when you release a small update which fixes something that should have been done in a week. Don't make really controversial decisions without consulting community members and clan members who actually play the game and know what people actually enjoy (Hint, it's not deadly descent)

Clan scene: We were oppressed for 2, maybe 3 years with tyrant Dave trying to destroy every influential member for good. I don't know about the EU and US scene but in AU the staff and community share a years long dislike. Don't try and barge in and change everything for your way (Which Ceroria understands and is doing a good job, props to that man). Also your "big ideas" and "plans" better not suck. It's really your last chance to impress the clan community before half of them leave for good.

No hate to any of the current staff members is intended, you're all better than Dave. Treat this post as constructive criticism and act on it, don't respond to it saying "but but but, it's not that bad!!!". Act on it, impress the community, prove us wrong. If I have staff members replying to this post telling me about how I'm wrong and that this place is sunshine and rainbows, you are all truly lost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this guy is smart

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Once again instead of listening to the community the staff goes to defend every single point made, who would have guessed? Before making the points I'm going to make I'll just start by responding to the flawed logic of the rebuttal by some of the staff.

You're also 14 and probably think you're top of the world. If you're going to brag about how you're a childhood genius coding since you were 12 years old please feel free to fix it; until then you have no credibility and you're blindly being a major kiss-ass. Solid points are being made by both sides in this topic, you're just begging for attention and giving no useful input.

If MCGamer ever gets into legal trouble for making the bans of their Minecraft server public feel free to let me know. Badlion have a similar system and it proves that their anti-cheat is indisputably the best. MCGamer only ever talk about how good their anti-cheat, which hasn't shown that it has done anything so far is compared to other servers. I'm sure that we, the community would settle for non-public bans if you could prove that the anti-cheat isn't a myth. The fact many players actually believe that you don't have an anti-cheat really proves something.

3 staff members coming from AntVenom and hundreds of community members leaving because they feel like their favourite game-mode isn't being worked on for a couple of minigames that only those 3 staff members play is not a worthwhile trade. No one ever asked for these mini-games. We asked for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, not Deadly Descent. (Granted that many of the community enjoys battlegrounds and uses it to warm up, that's a pat on the back for that one. ^.^)

Except for the developers, who actually make this server! Please try to note that background work which no one knows about doesn't get recognised in the eyes of the community as work unless you have something to show for it. For the years this game-mode has been out it has taken way too long to fix bugs (1.6 BSM & FnS come to mind) which are a pain in the ass for everyone. Fixing regen hacks was a start but you still have a very long way to go.

@ Delusional community members who think this server is dying: MCGamer is not going to die, at least any time soon. People will still play this game despite the awful state it's in half the time. Player counts have dropped but it's not like this server only has 100 active players at a time. It also has a crazy amount of donors, relax. It's not the apocalypse.

@ Delusion staff members who think numbers mean the community isn't dying: I really hope you all learnt an issue from David "I'm an Engineer not a Maccas employee and if you say anything about me I'll ban you off this server" B. You banned half of the influential community members away because they noticed the flaws in this server. If you're not willing to accept criticism, this server deserves to die. Don't do that. The community, the people that make this server what it is ARE dying. That is a fact. Look at the forums in 2013/14 and compare it to now. The community, the people that matter are getting sick of the excuses. The people that matter are going to leave and the tryhards who think stats matter nowadays will reign supreme with their 8 man teams. Have fun with that.

I can list the history of MCGamer, all your colossal bunnies ups and the rare times you satisfied the community. Instead of bashing on the past I'll straight up tell you what needs to happen.

MCGamer: Relax on the rules and stop trying to cater the game for 10 year olds. The 10 year olds are using mods on SMP servers, the majority of this community is 13+. Swearing is natural, don't filter everything. (Granted swearing and abusing others isn't to be condoned, don't get the wrong idea) Don't get your moderators to ban players for having the same name as another banned players. Lighten up. Allow players to bypass on an alt and you'll have half of the community you unfarily banned away back instead of persisting to get rid of players who were somewhat controversial for good. You're wasting everyone's time. This also generates revenue for people who buy donors on more than 1 account + your player count goes up. I'm sure your perfect anti-cheat with no false positives can ban away all the hackers too. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure.

MCSG: Fix the FnS glitch (which I hear is in the process of happening, good job!). Remove the old maps no one plays anymore, remove the new maps that no one ever played. And now, I'm not saying make the game only Valleyside and SG4. Just remove the maps that are only played when that one tryhard with quantum donor decides to vote Mortal Skies because he made a 20 tier 2 chest route which took him 3 hours so he could win on Minecraft. Those aren't maps that people enjoy, that's a joke. Also update your amazing anticheat with no false positives onto the server so we don't need to experience hackers, that too.

Minigames: Remove Deadly Descent and all of the other minigames which are so irrelevant only the 3 staff from AntVenoms server know the names of them. Add 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 gamemodes with an elo ladder so the only competitive thing on this server isn't just survival games. Make UHC's something that people actually want to play on MCGamer instead of going over to Badlion. (A start would be to support 1.7 and have staff hosting UHC's and making the time and dates public). You failed with the AntVenom merge, he didn't even give your server publicity. His minigames are a waste of space on your network.

Staff Team & Developers: Don't be so concealed and only actually satisfy the community every 6 months when you release a small update which fixes something that should have been done in a week. Don't make really controversial decisions without consulting community members and clan members who actually play the game and know what people actually enjoy (Hint, it's not deadly descent)

Clan scene: We were oppressed for 2, maybe 3 years with tyrant Dave trying to destroy every influential member for good. I don't know about the EU and US scene but in AU the staff and community share a years long dislike. Don't try and barge in and change everything for your way (Which Ceroria understands and is doing a good job, props to that man). Also your "big ideas" and "plans" better not suck. It's really your last chance to impress the clan community before half of them leave for good.

No hate to any of the current staff members is intended, you're all better than Dave. Treat this post as constructive criticism and act on it, don't respond to it saying "but but but, it's not that bad!!!". Act on it, impress the community, prove us wrong. If I have staff members replying to this post telling me about how I'm wrong and that this place is sunshine and rainbows, you are all truly lost.
You are a god.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score

noob

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score

Well said

Y

Experienced
Reaction score

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, I'll go ahead and address these points one by one, which is usually how stuff like this is done c:

I'm not bashing or crushing any of your points, simply sharing the opinion of the Senior Staff team and explaining more about the points you brought up ^-^

I won't be able to get to all these at once, however because I've got homework and stuff.

Just a quick note, MCSG has been MCGamer since the hub introduction of June 2013 ;)

Regarding the AntVenom merge, our aim has never been to compete with the "colossal" servers such as Mineplex and Hypixel. A lot of people have considered the administration for a long time to be out of touch with the community and lacking competence. Frankly I fail to see where this is true, the AntVenom merge
was an attempt to gain a small player base as well as a very popular who was at one point considered the most popular Minecraft YouTuber, who could help us out through advertisement and support of his player base. In fact, we have had many successful staff members come from AntVenom's Network!

And your point that people come to our network to play SG/play competitive PvP is pretty spot on. That's the reason almost all of our attention is focused on what makes up our network. Obviously the smaller gamemodes are kept up, but almost all the focus goes into what everyone plays- MCSG. MCSG is what we are, and what we should not forget- which no one has.

For some reason my phone refuses to let me quote things anymore, so I'll just proceed to your next point about development.

We're all excited to have CAm aboard. He'll be an extra helping hand, and a super experienced one at that. So, the FnS glitch. Something so seemingly trivial, how could it take so long to fix? I mean for a while we simply were not sure what exactly the FnS glitch was caused by. It seemed like something simple but the cause of it required some digging, testing, and pushing through new game builds. This new fix seems to have identified and solved the base of the issue, so be on the lookout for all of the FnS spam :^)

The Anticheat I can't accurately help you out on, because I don't know much about it but on the bright side it has not produced a single bannable false positive yet! Also, a little birdie tells me a certain developer has a plan for more updates :]

All in all, I can't think of a single player who doesn't care about MCGamer. All of us, the staff members, the angry people who tweet obscenities at the support Twitter, the clan scene, the forum community, the people who create negative and constructive criticism, everyone. We all care, and nobody wants to see anything happen to the network.

As a side note, when you say "dying" what specifically do you mean? Our player count is actually rather impressive. Albeit peak times don't reach 5,000+ anymore, we still can rock a solid 4K on weekends and that's no small number at all. It's never been a competition with other networks, and if we compare our numbers to those of other networks and see they're smaller, all it does is kill morale. Don't worry about it! What does matter is that we still have a community, and a damn good one. Sure, a lot of us old players have lost many of our generation, but that's how it works. People lose interest in games, and people come and go, but I promise you were not going anywhere.

I can't say much about the staff team's side of the 2013 occurrences because I came around to being a moderator in the summer of 2014, however I can say that I have never observed any sort of unfair censorship, corruption, mistreatment, or lack of caring for the server.

A big part of the work, in fact, that we do is spending time on the forums around these threads that give criticism and opinions, to sort out the valid things from the exaggerations.

No matter what, the only way that things can move forward is if everyone is on board. If people doubt us, distrust us, or won't help us help the community then we can't go anywhere.

So, let everyone know that it's time for us all to have a positive mindset and be willing to let go of any anger that may have festered from the past :D
I'm writing this on my phone so it's going to be short.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on a few things here.
This server is no longer the "perfect" server it once was. People got lazy and too comfortable and this wasn't a "job" anymore but more of a hobby. The hype from this server has left to other servers as they brought new things to the game that makes it interesting. A Bad anticheat and hackers don't make this game fun.

Clans
The Au community is basically gone due to a lot of people leaving and a lack of attention. I think there are 7 or 6 clans on the leaderboards right now?

The US clan community almost died this fall due to one small server, tiny server, called Araxite owned by Param. This almost took over the US clans until the server shut down. You may ask why I brought up clans? Good question. 75% of most "recent threads" posted these days are clan threads.
The main reason people play is to win or to be the best. How can people play competivly when their are no good clans.

Now let me get back to something other than clans. I bet if you ask old MCSG player why they quit or a reason why, more than 50% would say that it was due to the bad server quality right now. We shouldn't be having this. It should be sad for that person leaving this community, not something they want to leave.

Jusser is the most intelligent person I have heard so far with a legiament reason.

I'll make a more valid post later

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok, so using your 2 years of Java development experience, do you believe the fns glitch is a massive problem, something incredibly difficult to fix that would take a group of qualified developers over 6 months? I mean, since you say you have a lot of experience with Java it's fair to assume you have a good idea.

Also, according to your profile you're 14 now. And you said you've been doing this for 2 years. I don't think you were doing some Dexter-boy genius level programming at age 12 til now. Mind explaining what this 'Java development experience' was? Because I seriously doubt you know more about this than the average person just because you played around with Java when you were 12 (I'm just assuming that's the case).

Seems more or less that you're trying to lend more credibility to what you're saying by pretending to be some kind of expert.
I'm turning 15 in one month.
Well, I am turning 15 in a month so I was 13 when I started. I am not saying that it should take 6 months. What I am saying is that I don't like how people argue how easy it is to fix when they don't have the experience to backup their statement. I also do not appreciate your rudeness.

Juzzy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Ceroria ChadTheDJ CAmadeusA

feminist

Career
Reaction score
I'm turning 15 in one month.

Well, I am turning 15 in a month so I was 13 when I started. I am not saying that it should take 6 months. What I am saying is that I don't like how people argue how easy it is to fix when they don't have the experience to backup their statement. I also do not appreciate your rudeness.
I also don't appreciate the recycled excuse of "the devs are trying their hardest you guys dont know java u cant judge!!!". You joined this community in 2014, I've been hearing "they'll fix it!!!" for almost 4 years now. Stop. Come up with something original like "Dave was reincarnated from the dead and it's more pressing to make sure he doesn't come back"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci