• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ranked lobbys

Tzazon

Experienced
Reaction score
I like this idea but this would divide friendships and also split up servers. Unless nooby ranks can join higher rank servers this would honestly make things problematic playing the ggame with your friends.
I like the idea about competitive pvp but it still seems interesting but there will be problems.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like an inherently terrible idea. It sounds like it could possibly work, but it takes away from the difficulty a bit. I know this is rather hypothetical, and quite unlikely to happen, but I imagine lobbies full of players running around with gold swords (Because they're totally better than iron dude. Trust me, Sky says so) and wondering why they can't break logs to build a house.

Overall, it's not a bad idea by any means, I'm just not sure how execution would go.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok... so this is how i see it working.

• anyone can click the sign and join the 'noob' hub
  • people 30,000+ can still join normal games
  • anyone 29,999- cant join any game that's in the 'noob' hub but may still be able to spectate
OR
Does this sound better?? instead of it being based on rank... why not it be based off how many wins you have had.
Like anyone with below 50 wins can join the 'noob' hub but anyone 50 wins or over cant??

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Ok... so this is how i see it working.

• anyone can click the sign and join the 'noob' hub
  • people 30,000+ can still join normal games
  • anyone 29,999- cant join any game that's in the 'noob' hub but may still be able to spectate
OR
Does this sound better?? instead of it being based on rank... why not it be based off how many wins you have had.
Like anyone with below 50 wins can join the 'noob' hub but anyone 50 wins or over cant??
Ranks are already based on wins, IIRC.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Ranks are already based on wins, IIRC.
Wins makes more sense though because with more people, though rank 30 000 might involve having 50 wins right now, in the future you could need 500 wins to be in the top 30 000 (just random numbers :p).
I don't think having a separate hub for less skilled and newer people would make much sense. If you're new to the game, then it will be hard for you to win no matter what. But also, if you spawn in the main hub, and you're new, how do you know that this noob hub exists? Sure there could be some signs mentioning it's existence, but not all signs get read and it would be a lot more work for mods to guide people in the right direction.
Also, what about moderation? Would mods be able to get into these noob games no matter what? Then they could abuse this power to get some easy wins (though they shouldn't be allowed to, it would still definitely happen).
I think there are too many aspects to this sort of situation that wouldn't work well. Maybe it would help get newer players started in the game itself, it would make them worse in all other aspects (like knowing rules, and learning what can be considered 'good' at the game).

TheYahcookie

Career
Reaction score
Wins makes more sense though because with more people, though rank 30 000 might involve having 50 wins right now, in the future you could need 500 wins to be in the top 30 000 (just random numbers :p).
I don't think having a separate hub for less skilled and newer people would make much sense. If you're new to the game, then it will be hard for you to win no matter what. But also, if you spawn in the main hub, and you're new, how do you know that this noob hub exists? Sure there could be some signs mentioning it's existence, but not all signs get read and it would be a lot more work for mods to guide people in the right direction.
Also, what about moderation? Would mods be able to get into these noob games no matter what? Then they could abuse this power to get some easy wins (though they shouldn't be allowed to, it would still definitely happen).
I think there are too many aspects to this sort of situation that wouldn't work well. Maybe it would help get newer players started in the game itself, it would make them worse in all other aspects (like knowing rules, and learning what can be considered 'good' at the game).
Well spoken... very. Well. Spoken ;)

Deathbymayo

Survivor
Reaction score
'I could see people trying to keep there rank low so they can play with the noobs. '

I understand that but why would people purposly go over 30,000 just to get easy kills.... and when they get the kills theyll just go back under 30,000

'And what if I wanted to team with someone low in the rankings they would be destroyed in the higher rankings and I wouldn't be allowed in the lower ones.'

I'm sorry but i don't understand what your saying here
I'm trying to ask, what would happen if my friend was a noob and I wanted to team with him.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm trying to ask, what would happen if my friend was a noob and I wanted to team with him.
He said already that noobs have the option of playing on all the servers, but they have the lower rank servers in addition to that. It's just the higher rank people that can't go on the low rank servers really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci