• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Player following

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not necessary since mods can already see what server people are in with /records playername

Reaction score
I like the idea, but people would probably use it to find players in games and target/tryhard them. Only mods have the access to this and I think it should stay like that, just so it's not abused.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
This would be waaaay too abused if everyone could do it. Some people would just get trolled.. followed and killed. You could kill someone the previous game, and someone just stalks you the next game and targets you.

There is a reason taht only mods can do this.

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea, but people would probably use it to find players in games and target/tryhard them. Only mods have the access to this and I think it should stay like that, just so it's not abused.
That's why it has limited uses on one player, so people can't constantly target the same player.

This would be waaaay too abused if everyone could do it. Some people would just get trolled.. followed and killed. You could kill someone the previous game, and someone just stalks you the next game and targets you.

There is a reason taht only mods can do this.
I don't really have an argument against this, I can only say that the amount of extra hackers being banned because of this would make this way more of a positive than a negative thing. That's only my opinion though. I am looking into this problem, and if anyone thinks they have a solution to this problem, please feel free to tell me.

Last edited:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I suggested a similar thing a little while ago, and I think it's an improvement from this idea. It would be great if you could find people in game, but I think a better way to do this is a friend system. You can be friends with anyone, but both sides of the friendship have to accept to it so that it can't be abused. Also, because this could cause spam by people spamming requests, you could also block users.

When someone is on your friends list, you should be able to see them even when you have players off in the hub. That would make it easier to find people and easier to play with friends without voice chat. Also, to add your suggestion in, you should be able to use your /find command as long as they are on your friends list. That allows you to find any friends, and it can't be used to find anyone that probably doesn't want to be found by you.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I suggested a similar thing a little while ago, and I think it's an improvement from this idea. It would be great if you could find people in game, but I think a better way to do this is a friend system. You can be friends with anyone, but both sides of the friendship have to accept to it so that it can't be abused. Also, because this could cause spam by people spamming requests, you could also block users.

When someone is on your friends list, you should be able to see them even when you have players off in the hub. That would make it easier to find people and easier to play with friends without voice chat. Also, to add your suggestion in, you should be able to use your /find command as long as they are on your friends list. That allows you to find any friends, and it can't be used to find anyone that probably doesn't want to be found by you.
Although this is good, I think Aracnophobia means for it to be a way to find and record someone who you know hacks.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Although this is good, I think Aracnophobia means for it to be a way to find and record someone who you know hacks.
I figured, but I just consider that to be the reason for the suggestion, not the only reason for the implementation. Mods can already find people on servers (I think?) so you can just ask a mod on TS or the forums or something to check it out.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I figured, but I just consider that to be the reason for the suggestion, not the only reason for the implementation. Mods can already find people on servers (I think?) so you can just ask a mod on TS or the forums or something to check it out.
Yea, that's what myself and a few others said. Read all the replies for the full detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci