• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Player following

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
Hi MCSG Community,

This is an idea I've had for quite a while, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to explain it on the forums yet. I ask you to first of all to read this entire post, and then post your honest opinion. This is not meant as a hate thread in any kind of way, I am simply trying to add something to the game that I think would be a good addition.

My suggestion:
I suggest that you add a /find [player] command, after this command has been typed a message similar to: '[Player] [Online/Offline] - [Server]' would appear. The only reason why I think this command should be added is that this would make is a lot easier to catch hackers and record them. Why? I will explain that later.

However, there are some exceptions to this command. The only players that can be tracked down are the 'normal' players. This excludes Friends, Vips, Moderators, Sr. Moderators and Admins. The reasons why they are untrackable is because these people are or trusted to the communtiy and will therefore probably not hack, and since that is the only reason why I am making this suggestions, it seems unwise to add them to the trackable players. And it also makes it easier for people to follow the 'famous' people around all the servers and target them. Therefore they shouldn't be trackable.

Last but not least, I will be explaining why this command would make it so much easier to catch and record hackers. So, sometimes you see someone hacking, or hear someone talking about someone who was hacking. In these situations this command would be ideal, when you suspect someone, you would be able to easily track this player down, join the server he is in and record him. You can also keep a list of players that you suspect, like I have, and check wheter they are online from time to time. If they are, you'll be able to easily join their game, and check them out.

I honestly think this is would be a good addition to the game, because it would only benefit the games in a positive way, it would get more hackers banned, and that is in my eyes a positive thing. I hope you feel the same way, but make sure to post your opinion here, I'll check them and edit this thread if necessary.

Wall of text, out.

Extra Additions:

• @DJ Kitty : Add a maximum amount of uses on one player to prevent targetting.

Last edited:

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Main issue? People lower than Friend/VIP will be open to abuse. People can stalk them in every game and target those people.

There's a reason that only Moderators have access to people's whereabouts.

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
Main issue? People lower than Friend/VIP will be open to abuse. People can stalk them in every game and target those people.

There's a reason that only Moderators have access to people's whereabouts.
I get where you're coming from, but I still think it would do more positive than negative. I respect you opinion though.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I am worried about this rule, that in which, if this is implemented, it will make this rule enforced much more often

• Stalking a player around into servers and constantly targeting them is considered harassment

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As stated by SoggyPickle, normal members will follow other people round and abuse/target them.

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea but maybe add a certain amount of times they can use it on one player so players don't target them every game

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Why would you need to follow someone?
If you think they are hacking, poke a mod on TS and they should get 'em.

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
Why would you need to follow someone?
If you think they are hacking, poke a mod on TS and they should get 'em.
Well 8/10 mods on TS don't really go on when i have done it so this is to

1 Not bother them
and 2. Easier way to record them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci