• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New System of Donating/Server spots

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
1. I dont want to donate because I dont want to kick people. Dead serious. I have been kicked seconds before the game has started, and the the donator leaves, then I am unable to join in. Also, I am very willing to help pay for the server becuase these are very fun servers, I just cant get over the fact you get to kick people. As Theodore Roosevelt said, lets make a 'Square Deal" where everybody is happy. This is what I want. A fair system of donating. Where you cant be kicked for not paying $10.00 becuase you cant afford it.
Really, you dont get kicked that much. I only get kicked once a week, if even that. Just join faster, and it's not a problem

Xxpsbounty567xX

Survivor
Reaction score
Good point. Then, if it were necessary, people could start getting kicked.
Ok but then your friend would still more than likely get kicked. They pay money so they deserve it. And it's not like we can abuse it, we have a cool down so we can't just keep kicking people. I think the way they have it now is good and should continue.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
1. I dont want to donate because I dont want to kick people. Dead serious. I have been kicked seconds before the game has started, and the the donator leaves, then I am unable to join in. Also, I am very willing to help pay for the server becuase these are very fun servers, I just cant get over the fact you get to kick people. As Theodore Roosevelt said, lets make a 'Square Deal" where everybody is happy. This is what I want. A fair system of donating. Where you cant be kicked for not paying $10.00 becuase you cant afford it.
I think this is a REALLY bad idea.
And if you don't want to kick people so that they can't play, why are you killing them then? It's the same. And the poll answers is really stupid.

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
Im sorry I also voted no as I feel that it is a stupid idea. Maybe it could come into MCSG in a couple of years....

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Donors keep the servers running - donors are the only reason these servers are free to play...people would be forced to pay if it wasn't set up this way.

Donors have to get some privilege, otherwise there is no incentive to donate and not enough money will be coming in to keep the servers up - the best way to do this is to allow kicking and priority access, since in game advantages like starting with a sword would be extremely unfair and even more frustrating than being kicked.

Donors will always be able to kick people, the system won't be changing - a tip to you to prevent being kicked is to join the servers as soon as possible - look for a server in deathmatch and wait for it to go down, and just as it comes back up, join right away. Unless there is 12+ donors (unlikely) in your lobby, then this plan should be foolproof provided you have at least a decent internet connection. (Donors kick the last non-donor spectator that joined.)

Your only other choice would be to join the donors and kick people the same way - even if you don't like it, a post like this won't stop the donors and won't solve anything. Trust me, while it is frustrating to be kicked by a donor, it's not like that person cannot join another server with said "fool proof" plan and not get kicked. My first 200 victories I earned without donor or mod joining priority. There is a way to avoid being kicked, the people being kicked just need to learn how to avoid it - that's up to them if they want to figure out the best way. (And trust me - those with a connection bad enough to not join right away to prevent being kicked likely lose a lot to lag, too - that's not something we can really control.)

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Donors keep the servers running - donors are the only reason these servers are free to play...people would be forced to pay if it wasn't set up this way.

Donors have to get some privilege, otherwise there is no incentive to donate and not enough money will be coming in to keep the servers up - the best way to do this is to allow kicking and priority access, since in game advantages like starting with a sword would be extremely unfair and even more frustrating than being kicked.

Donors will always be able to kick people, the system won't be changing - a tip to you to prevent being kicked is to join the servers as soon as possible - look for a server in deathmatch and wait for it to go down, and just as it comes back up, join right away. Unless there is 12+ donors (unlikely) in your lobby, then this plan should be foolproof provided you have at least a decent internet connection. (Donors kick the last non-donor spectator that joined.)

Your only other choice would be to join the donors and kick people the same way - even if you don't like it, a post like this won't stop the donors and won't solve anything. Trust me, while it is frustrating to be kicked by a donor, it's not like that person cannot join another server with said "fool proof" plan and not get kicked. My first 200 victories I earned without donor or mod joining priority. There is a way to avoid being kicked, the people being kicked just need to learn how to avoid it - that's up to them if they want to figure out the best way. (And trust me - those with a connection bad enough to not join right away to prevent being kicked likely lose a lot to lag, too - that's not something we can really control.)
There goes my daily reading....

Sharktail77

Spectator
Reaction score
My team is mostly Donors and if only 4 can be on at a time. Well I would hate that because I would not get to play with all my friends. So I think this is a bad idea.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
We have around 500-1000 people playing at every moment and I'd say about 15 lobbies open at max. In addition to that, at least 10% of the 1000 are donors. That means we have around 100 donors playing. 100 donors fighting for 60 slots isn't fair for the donors. They're the reason the servers are up in there first place so they shouldn't have to fight over having to play.

keep in mind that all these statistics are pretty much made up with no back up evidence.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
My team is mostly Donors and if only 4 can be on at a time. Well I would hate that because I would not get to play with all my friends. So I think this is a bad idea.
He agreed to let them kick if there are already 4 donors. I still say it's a bad idea, and thats pointless anyways.

Zekrom

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks you guys for hearing me out on this. I still think kicking is a horrid idea and is just god awful, but if you want it like this, then fine. I dont even play that much, i've only had 2-3 victories.

AmazingGames194

Spectator
Reaction score
Know hear me out,
I know donating is a cool thing, helping run the servers, getting extra stuff ect.
BUT....
Isn't it aggravating seeing a donator kicking someone because they gave money?
Now here is where my idea comes into play.
A 20 slot server. We non-donators have to wait till a spot opens and then jump on in, hoping we dont get kicked. Then that donator comes along, and, BAM there goes player 24/24. The last time this happened that 24/24 player was my team...so what if we had a 20 player server maximum (for non-donaters) and then 4 extra reserve slots for donators. I know being able to automatically join is a BIG incentive, but seariously, this is a bit, uncalled for. This is all im asking, and I think non-donators would be very happy.
ITS a FAIR thing so why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci