• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New item: Water Bucket

Introduce water buckets as an Item found in chests in SG?

• Vote up

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Vote down

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
Now I know what you're thinking, why a water bucket? Well I'll tell you why I think this would be an awesome idea.

Pre-set limitations:

First of all I would like to say that this item should only be given 1 use, once used it should be then made non accessible for a second use, either by it disappearing or the bucket unable to refill again rendering it useless once it has already been used. Otherwise this would be very OP.

Secondly, the water should be made to somehow drain away, so that the water will not stay permanently in an area or place. (I don't know if this is possible so don't hold it against me) this would mean the water placement will not change the map when placed as it will soon be gone.

Thirdly, this item should be made as rare to find in chests as a diamond or similar item, with only a limited amount per game. (Perhaps 3) As buckets are un-stackable they can't be "spammed" as easily.

Reasons for this item and purposes:

I would love to see this item in SG because it could be so useful for many things when used appropriately and cunningly.

1- The water bucket can be used craftily to be placed near an opponent for a temporary slowdown, or fending them off from a height even to push them back.
2- A water bucket, when timed correctly, can actually be placed on the ground below when falling from any height to take zero fall damage.
3- Another very good reason is that it can be used as the first counter to a flint and steel. When under attack, a user can use the water to extinguish themselves if they are unfortunate enough to have walked into a placed fire.

I would really like to see what you guys think of this idea, feel free to vote up and I'm more than happy to receive your feedback!

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I like the idea if it was only 1 block placed... otherwise the maps wouldn't look pretty...

Verdecation

Spectator
Reaction score
Instead of making it a water bucket with one use (and going through the hassle of making it one use), they could use an actual water block (can be accessed through /i water 1 or through (<-- /i through essentials) /give 9 1 (which I believe 9 can be replaced with 'water' in the 1.7.2 update).

Anyways, this idea is good and has some good points as to why it should be added. o:

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea, it would add a new aspect to PvP. It could be really usefull to slow people down when they are chasing you, or even when placed right you could kill by having them pushed into a ravine by the water!

But you shouldn't be able to turn lava into obsidian though, this would sometimes ruin the point of some secrets in some maps.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I like this. Plus, it adds a new strategy to bow spamming! :D

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the idea, it would add a new aspect to PvP. It could be really usefull to slow people down when they are chasing you, or even when placed right you could kill by having them pushed into a ravine by the water!

But you shouldn't be able to turn lava into obsidian though, this would sometimes ruin the point of some secrets in some maps.
Yes like I said there would need to be a lot of restrictions as to what the water could do in terms of lava and similar situations. The way I imagine it being added will mean that SG is not changed much at all. But thanks!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think there's enough water involved in PvP already in the maps. And water buckets are really just annoying.

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
It would kinda make FnS pointless when after refill or when fighting a stacked person.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
Could you imagine swimming after some guy for hours on breeze island, only to finally go to shore and realize he has 3-4 water buckets and he's more than happy to ruin your day?
That's SG for you dude :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci