• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New item: Water Bucket

Introduce water buckets as an Item found in chests in SG?

• Vote up

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Vote down

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
I think there's enough water involved in PvP already in the maps. And water buckets are really just annoying.
Isn't getting teamed on annoying? There's a lot of annoying things in SG and I just think that water buckets would make things a bit more interesting, it could really help to get away from a team if you're playing solo. There is tons of different ways to use it, you can be adaptive and intelligent with it to a great effect.

Reaction score
Nice idea man.... But the only problem would be if a team were to get there hands on, say 10 of them, then there would be a way for them to alter the game entirely. Also places with lava would become near pointless. Other than those points I think this idea would work with some miner tweaks :p

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I like this idea! As much as I love the flint and steel tactic, it is very OP and can turn the tide of the battle within seconds. my only problem is how this would work if the water was placed near lava on maps like Demon's Breeze.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
I like this idea! As much as I love the flint and steel tactic, it is very OP and can turn the tide of the battle within seconds. my only problem is how this would work if the water was placed near lava on maps like Demon's Breeze.
I think that definitely, placing water on lava would need to be disabled. I have seen plugins where placing water on lava wont work, I'm not sure of minecraft coding or anything but the lava and water should not react or if water comes into contact with lava then it should just drain away without having any effect. Again, I'm not sure how difficult any of this is but I'm sure MCSG has some top class coders.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
Still, you can just extinguish yourself.
I know, that's the point, it wouldn't be OP or reduce the use for a fishing rod as there is water in the maps anyway, all this would do is be able to extinguish yourself once from being set on fire. It can be a way to counter flint and steel, therefore, if you are set on fire, it's not game over as usually once you're set on fire, there is a big chance you'll be eliminated.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I know, that's the point, it wouldn't be OP or reduce the use for a fishing rod as there is water in the maps anyway, all this would do is be able to extinguish yourself once from being set on fire. It can be a way to counter flint and steel, therefore, if you are set on fire, it's not game over as usually once you're set on fire, there is a big chance you'll be eliminated.
Please do not double post, use the 'edit' button below your post to add to it.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry I was trying to reply to two different people, I'm fairly new :p. Is there a way to quote two posts in the same reply?
Simply click reply, write your response, then scroll up to the other person and click reply again. It will add another quote below what you've already wrote.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Isn't getting teamed on annoying? There's a lot of annoying things in SG and I just think that water buckets would make things a bit more interesting, it could really help to get away from a team if you're playing solo. There is tons of different ways to use it, you can be adaptive and intelligent with it to a great effect.
But teaming is impossible to prevent, it's possible to not have a bucket in the game. I might like it if there is no spread whatsoever. So you have to put it on a block, it doesn't flow and just stays there so you have to aim it properly.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think that it is possible to glitch water into the maps if your lucky by crafting a bucket and placing water. Unless the devs fixed that, then you can do that instead of adding another item.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But teaming is impossible to prevent, it's possible to not have a bucket in the game. I might like it if there is no spread whatsoever. So you have to put it on a block, it doesn't flow and just stays there so you have to aim it properly.
"no tem or get perma banned"

Just prevented teaming for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci