• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Fishing Rod Use

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like the current use of fishing rods more than this use, so it's a no for me.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not talented with only 66 wins but I don't really like this idea. Sorry :(

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
Many talented PvP'ers in the community take advantage of the fact that fishing rods knock players back. Changing the function of the fishing rod would be like taking strafing, or blockhitting out of the game for those players. :p

Also like gcb said, it would make escaping extremely hard and would really ruin a lot of players' tactics.
thats what i do also so ya

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, this seems a bit too overpowered. Running in the water would be impossible.. running ever would be impossible. No thanks xD

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, this is a really bad idea. I mean it would be cool to have fishing rods pull you in, but the current way they work has so many more advantages to it. If they pulled you in you would rarely be able to run unless fishing rods had a limited amount of uses. I mean, that would be bad for a couple of reasons.
1. I couldn't fish for XP/food anymore because of the limited uses.
2. How would it actually help to add this besides shortening chases? This would just give the players with good armor and stuff a better chance.
3. I don't think anyone has mentioned this but lets say you saw a guy who was kind of far away with full iron and a sword and all you have is leather/nothing and a bow. If this was implemented and you tried to run and bow him or hide and bow him, he'd just pull you in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci