• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Fishing Rod Use

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea if fishing rods would pull people in instead of pushing them back. This would make deathmatches shorter as no one would be able to run if someone had a fishing rod, and would take away people with worse items who have no chance in that game running from you just to have a long lifespan and eventually lose. Just a thought :)

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
Many talented PvP'ers in the community take advantage of the fact that fishing rods knock players back. Changing the function of the fishing rod would be like taking strafing, or blockhitting out of the game for those players. :p

Also like gcb said, it would make escaping extremely hard and would really ruin a lot of players' tactics.

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
Yeah but if someone is running you can pull them back...
That would Suck..

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
Thats the point though. I find it really annoying when people run from me when I have better equipment.

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
Thats the point though. I find it really annoying when people run from me when I have better equipment.
Don't you ever find yourself running away? Wouldn't it be frustrating to be yanked back by a guy in full iron to meet your doom?

Reactions: Fox

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Flip that statement around.
You see now?
What about when you're running away to regen, you know you only need a tiny bit more health till you can turn around and win the fight, but nope. You get pulled back and murdered.
Its a nice idea, and might work on other severs/gametypes, but it would suck on MCSG :p

But what are your chances of killing the guy in full iron anyway?
Quite high actually. I dropped a guy with full iron and diamond sword, using leather/chain armour and a stone sword.
Strafing and block-hitting can work wonders on novice players

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
They would have to be nerfed to only have 4 uses maybe. And with how inaccurate fishing rods can be, I don't think it is overpowered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci