• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Fishing Rod Use

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
It would be good for water chases but when trying to boost a teammate when water chasing...

Pipiska

Survivor
Reaction score
This is a good idea. New tactics could be made, and it's always nice to try something new! Isn't it boring doing the same thing over and over again?
I already could think of many different things yiu can do with the fishing rod pulling people.
Give it a chance, if it doesn't work very well, them remove it. Fishing rods like that in tier 2 chests would be more fair, and they could also have a limited amount of uses like the flint and steal has.

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
This is a good idea. New tactics could be made, and it's always nice to try something new! Isn't it boring doing the same thing over and over again?
I already could think of many different things yiu can do with the fishing rod pulling people.
Give it a chance, if it doesn't work very well, them remove it. Fishing rods like that in tier 2 chests would be more fair, and they could also have a limited amount of uses like the flint and steal has.
Thank you, that was the point I was trying to bring up :)

Reaction score
But the old tactics are the ones everyone likes using, change isn't always good, some things are meant to be.
Plus, giving them 4-3 uses is Bleh. There is an infinite fishing rod trick you know ;)

Bringing up one last point, this would make fighting teams nearly impossible if they had fishing rods.

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
But the old tactics are the ones everyone likes using, change isn't always good, some things are meant to be.
Plus, giving them 4-3 uses is Bleh. There is an infinite fishing rod trick you know ;)

Bringing up one last point, this would make fighting teams nearly impossible if they had fishing rods.
Actually, it would make fighting teams easier sometimes, as they can not "boost" each other towards you.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. Why spend time to code this in when the current fishing rods are already perfect? The current fishing rods have a variety of tactics, such as knocking people into a block, hitting people away in water, knockback in PvP, etc.

Reaction score
Actually, it would make fighting teams easier sometimes, as they can not "boost" each other towards you.
Say you kill one of them. The other is just blocks away, and you have a half heart. You think to yourself "YES, I got one, now just to regen, than, BOOM. Your dead.

All I'm saying is some things really aren't meant to be changed.

For instance, say I suggest, instead of swords damaging people, they should HEAL them. In my honest opinion- F&S, Bows, Swords, Fishing Rods, or any other weapon, shouldn't have a change in purpose.

Just my two cents.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Totally nullifies the current pvp usage of the fishing rod, I think that the current use is more advantageous to a player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci