• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My pov on moderator requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I have to agree with the others actually. I tend not to post all the time and won't be getting 150 messages anytime soon. (Then again I am a fairly new member.) But there will be people who would be or are great staff members that don't have that many.
I can agree with everything else though - someone who has been here less than a month is still "New" like myself. I have been here only a week or two and I still only just found the "mark all posts read" button on the top of the forum. xD

I know what it's like to be a moderator on a minecraft server despite not being one here... I knew fellow staff members well and I know that a post count hardly has anything to do with how good of a choice for staff they are. I can see your point, but from my experience, it's unnecessary.

Also, on top of all that, requiring a high message count just encourages people to spam posts everywhere just to get there anyway. At least 10 hours of gameplay or a month of being on the server doesn't look so much like spam... And in fact, is a good thing even if they are only playing the game so much to get the position. Anything you have to purposely try for like posting just doesn't work in my opinion. Maybe limit to 30 posts or more, but don't limit it more than that.

D

Dyon123

I don't like dening experienced people, I wan't moderators who know what to do and know how to handle some situations, also I don't like hanging around so the forums, which means I'm not a good moderator in your opinion...? But I totally agree whith 10 hours of gameplay and 1 month registred.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
i have to say that 150 posts isnt that much if u know what to post as i post quite often and 99% of te time its quite useful info or shows a well thought through opinion

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
The reason I think moderators should be active on the forums is because then they get in touch with other members.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
yes i completely agree there as forums as a whole usually show peoples opinions on the games far better than someone going "i dont like this" when they die ingame

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Not everyone has a microphone or they might be having problems with teamspeak like myself.

D

Dyon123

True, Also I think admins should post an reply to the mod application... Because mine is there and I still didn't heard anything about it :/

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
True, Also I think admins should post an reply to the mod application... Because mine is there and I still didn't heard anything about it :/
yh same and as u can see from my posts in the forums i would at the very least make a good forum mod but i also hav good mod experience too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci