• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My pov on moderator requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree that they should have alot of ingame experience so they know what's going on. I have been a part of this community for a while and know alot of the guys that plays the most and alot of the mods. In my opinion we need more mods that play the games and is present in the games instead of just sitting around in moderator chat on TS and not playing. I would much rather have players like Fibreguy and Whateveridk as mods because they are really experienced players and know the game and can help out with mostly anything instead of a mod like
[Insert name here] that has played 25 games, never won and has 37 points and don't even know the maps. A good example of a good player becoming mod is Valethar. Valethar is an experienced player and knows what is going on the game and know if something is a glitch or it's actually in the game and he actually plays alot and not just hanging out on TS.
And the thing with earlier experience i find that not to be so important. We need people that know these servers well, earlier experience is a pluss, but should not be a big point in the mod app

NOTE: I am not trying to help Fibreguy or Whateveridk becoming mods! But they would be great mods :)

Nolam

Experienced
Reaction score
First, while it is a bonus to be in-touch with the community, we can't hold that as a standard for the staff. As long as they do their job, they can have as little or as much contact with any of our services outside the game as they want. There's no lack of support to worry about here or on Teamspeak anyways since they are constantly moderated by those of us who do constantly troll (I'm using it as a literal verb here, not the internet-slang term) the forums and teamspeak.

Secondly, applications are personal forms and contain personal information. I would be more than willing to show mine and I'm sure others would as well, but it should never be expected for the Administration staff to blatantly hand out personal employee information to the public, which is in fact highly illegal in America (even for volunteers) as well as within the European Union's Labor Union treaty.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
also they need mods who fill out certain criteria including times online as certian times hav less mods online . mods who are active in game and not active in the forum is expected whereas bing very inactive in te games is seen as a big nono

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
A good example of a good player becoming mod is Valethar. Valethar is an experienced player and knows what is going on the game and know if something is a glitch or it's actually in the game and he actually plays alot and not just hanging out on TS.:)
I feel loved.

Nolam

Experienced
Reaction score
also they need mods who fill out certain criteria including times online as certian times hav less mods online . mods who are active in game and not active in the forum is expected whereas bing very inactive in te games is seen as a big nono
Yes, it is encouraged of us to spend time in-game more, as that is where we are needed the most.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
150 messages...ive had an forum account here for about 2 months or so i have 49 posts 50 with this one...
unless you are posting to every single thread all the time or joining in with donator vs non donator or whatever it is you wont get 150 posts..
yes you can... easily.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
I've been here for, I don't know, month and a half on forums, and I have about 170 posts. And only 25 are from forum games.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
We should not be able to see the accepted ones. That just shows you exactly what to post. We already see what the accepted people are like when they're mod, so it doesn't change anything.

Nolam

Experienced
Reaction score
We should not be able to see the accepted ones. That just shows you exactly what to post. We already see what the accepted people are like when they're mod, so it doesn't change anything.
Another good point. When I was a GameMaster on a private WoW server (about 2,000 online usually), I and a few others posted our applications as examples, and people started to copy and paste different parts of each of them together like we thought they would be idiots.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Iv been a member of both forums and servers sience opening weekend back in april. That hasnt gotten me anywhere :/

Reactions: Le0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci