• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Leave the mods alone guys :/
If I was a moderator, like most of the current mods have been saying:
I'd be offended.
I mean, saying we need more moderators is pretty much saying that the current mods aren't doing enough, which is incredibly harsh, as most of our moderators are exceptional. And really, I think we have enough.
Speaking for AU, I see a moderator every few games and that, to me, is perfect. I don't want to be surrounded by moderators all the time and suchlike, but they are always around. Even if you haven't seen one in a few games, by checking TS I often see five or six mods just waiting for a problem. Also, who says it's their job to keep the server clean? You're meant to be trying to record these hackers, If you have the opportunity to catch a hacker, I'd expect you to do it, not just rely on mods, it's pure decency.
Mods (with a few exceptions) are not super heroes. They play as much as many of us, perhaps less. You should be far more appreciative of them, what they do is incredibly tough work. It's much more fun just to play the games, but they've offered to help. Out of their own kindness. They don't get much for what they do, a fancy name tag (of which I am incredibly jelly) and a little more respect. For the amount they do, it's not much.
They don't get paid.
They have to put in the hard yards.
Many players disrespect the mods, which I find sickening.

So really, leave them alone.
They are doing an amazing job now and I hope they continue that way.
Sure, having more staff might help, but in my opinion, we're fine how we are now.

PS. Extra brownie points go to kricken, kezzer and g33ke.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
And TheSneakygeeky
And James :p

exactly what I mean!
Lings alright but I wish the rest of them would help out when we need them
As for the AU mods, be aware that there are only 6 of us, living in around the same timezone. This means that we all generally go on at the same time. As for saying, "the rest of them should help out when we need them", have you ever asked? And do you have access to data seeing which AU mods do more work that others? Considering our Au group is a tight-knit bunch, we all work on bans and hackers together. IF you need our help, nothing stops you from coming on TS and talking to us, as stated above.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
#GiveTheModsSomeLove

I, for one think you guys are all amazing :p

<1337

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I'd be offended.
I mean, saying we need more moderators is pretty much saying that the current mods aren't doing enough, which is incredibly harsh, as most of our moderators are exceptional. And really, I think we have enough.
Speaking for AU, I see a moderator every few games and that, to me, is perfect. I don't want to be surrounded by moderators all the time and suchlike, but they are always around. Even if you haven't seen one in a few games, by checking TS I often see five or six mods just waiting for a problem. Also, who says it's their job to keep the server clean? You're meant to be trying to record these hackers, If you have the opportunity to catch a hacker, I'd expect you to do it, not just rely on mods, it's pure decency.
Mods (with a few exceptions) are not super heroes. They play as much as many of us, perhaps less. You should be far more appreciative of them, what they do is incredibly tough work. It's much more fun just to play the games, but they've offered to help. Out of their own kindness. They don't get much for what they do, a fancy name tag (of which I am incredibly jelly) and a little more respect. For the amount they do, it's not much.
They don't get paid.

Sure, having more staff might help, but in my opinion, we're fine how we are now.

This guy. Deserves a medal

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
I'd be offended.
They don't get paid.

Fine. Just ignore meee then.!

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Valethar, I think you're really hot and all.
But you just didn't make the cut ;(

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Please, remember that when you become a senior mod and are looking at my application ;)

Also, the people that deserve medals are the Mods.
<3
#Marrymemods?

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I'd be offended.
They don't get paid.

I (more than) approve.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
I (more than) approve.
Oh <3
Well, I'll go make a mod appreciation post when I get home.
Hopefully, I can get in Chad's good books..
and then who knows what will happen *cough* Co-Owner *cough*

Ps. You have devilish good looks Sub.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To the people who are complaining about not having enough mods or they don't do anything:
Imagine MCSG without any mods/senior mods/admins. They do so much for the community, a lot of it being behind the scenes. You've also got to remember that they have a personal life and as stated before, they don't really benefit from it. The reason why it is so very hard to get mod is because they only pick people that we'll be perfect for the job.

'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci