• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Dem Newbs who don't have any sense and rage and backchat at the mods :p

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Although some mods do there job properly, the majority of them dont, especially on the AU Servers.
A new batch of mods is a really excellent idea and should most definitely be considered.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although some mods do there job properly, the majority of them dont, especially on the AU Servers.
A new batch of mods is a really excellent idea and should most definitely be considered.
We only have Le0, Krackan, Ling and Spor :p

kricken

Career
Reaction score
I know thats why you should have more moderators. It is hard to report hackers because to be believed you have to have it on film and most people don't record and it is usually hard to do that because it makes it laggy.
You guys have made a few excellent points.. but you also need to understand a few things as well.
Most of the moderators sit in teamspeak waiting for someone to come in there and ask them for help. It's incredibly hard to go around spectating games to pick out the odd hacker out of 24 players.
Poke a mod on teamspeak- if they can't make it into your game to spectate for whatever reason, their responsibility is to find another mod who is able to. This means that almost any time that you ask for help, you're going to get it.

Try to seek out help before you criticize us for not being around at all :p

As for the topic of not having enough moderators, I agree with you. We're working on scouting out the type of mod that will benefit the community(much more rare than it should be). In time we'll build up our team of staff, we just have to make sure it's quality.

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah i was going to apply to be a moderator so i could help keep the servers clean, but they are no longer accepting (which makes me sad). Im sure they have their own reasons on why they cant have hundreds of moderators. maybe it becomes too hard to moderate the moderators? (moderateception) Maybe they need more Sr. Moderators.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
You guys have made a few excellent points.. but you also need to understand a few things as well.
Most of the moderators sit in teamspeak waiting for someone to come in there and ask them for help. It's incredibly hard to go around spectating games to pick out the odd hacker out of 24 players.
Poke a mod on teamspeak- if they can't make it into your game to spectate for whatever reason, their responsibility is to find another mod who is able to. This means that almost any time that you ask for help, you're going to get it.

Try to seek out help before you criticize us for not being around at all :p

As for the topic of not having enough moderators, I agree with you. We're working on scouting out the type of mod that will benefit the community(much more rare than it should be). In time we'll build up our team of staff, we just have to make sure it's quality.
Unfortunately I wont be able to understand where your coming from until I have that responsibility, but I apologise for making that accusation. I really dont realise the responsibility obviously :p

Yeah i was going to apply to be a moderator so i could help keep the servers clean, but they are no longer accepting (which makes me sad). Im sure they have their own reasons on why they cant have hundreds of moderators. maybe it becomes too hard to moderate the moderators? (moderateception) Maybe they need more Sr. Moderators.
well isnt that the perfect way to continue finding new moderators... xD

Vox

Career
Reaction score
I was told that they will reopen the Moderator apps after they review the interviewing system.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
On another note, just for my two cents, us moderators give up our time to moderate the servers. We don't get paid at all so motivation can be hard at times. I see a lot of people posting comments about how we don't do our job properly or something along those lines. To those of you who think that, you can't talk as you have no idea how stressful being a mod can be at times. We often have to deal with many things at once putting us under immense pressure. To reiterate a really good point made, you guys all complain that we are never on the servers and hackers get away without punishment, it really isn't a hard thing to do, to open TeamSpeak and poke a staff member to say there is a hacker on whatever server in which case we would drop what we're doing and jump on to sort it out. You complain we are being lazy and not doing our job, yet the vast majority of you don't even bother getting on TeamSpeak to let us know about a hacker. If you can't get Teamspeak then you can record a hacker in progress and report it where they get dealt with accordingly. There are a few good FREE recording softwares out there which you can use to record them and send it in. Most of our bans come from players reporting hackers in the report abuse section which helps us out a lot as it means we can focus our time doing other work. So if you REALLY want the servers clean of hackers, I suggest you stop screaming at us to hire more staff which won't help a whole lot you can instead, save a ton of stress and arguments and either:
-Record them and report it where we deal with it accordingly
-Get on TeamSpeak where all the staff are located and poke one of us to get on the server and sort it out.
Both of these options is FAR more effective than posting unjustified threads complaining we don't do our job properly.
Yours sincerely
Rather offended Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci