• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCTF2 suggestions

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
I'm a ten year old who has no idea what the MCTF2 Forums are.
1. mhm
2. They would learn fast if they weren't special. Trust me, spawn killing is a huge problem this would help.
3. Have you even played this? The wool is like the best thing ever, but it's in the wrong spot.

I have 2 more suggestions:

There should be a way to drop the flag if you're carrying it in CTF. It would be quite nicer than using /kill to hand off a flag.

The flag shouldn't fly in some random direction when the flag carrier dies it should reappear on the block they died on, if they die in midair it should have the same trajectory.
2. It wont stop the spawn campers they will just stay away from the other spawn by 1 or 2 blocks and besides on 2 Fort, one of the ways to get to the flag is through spawn :/ . It would be nice if they had lightning strike them instead of killing immediatly and maybe a warning like : You are too close to enemy spawn!
3. Yes I have. The only use is to tell spies from allies

Really you should check the MCTF2 forums.

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
2. It wont stop the spawn campers they will just stay away from the other spawn by 1 or 2 blocks and besides on 2 Fort, one of the ways to get to the flag is through spawn :/ . It would be nice if they had lightning strike them instead of killing immediatly and maybe a warning like : You are too close to enemy spawn!
3. Yes I have. The only use is to tell spies from allies
Successful troll is successful;)
Really you should check the MCTF2 forums because you have more posts there than I do here.
What do you mean by the other spawn?
What do you mean you can get to the flag through spawn?
You just said you have played, but you also said there are 2 spawns on 2fort, ummm...
Lightning would just cause FPS lag for people that have laptops.
Warnings don't work, you have to punish people for doing wrong. They do get to respawn after all...
The MCTF2 forums are a graveyard and I am sick and tired of getting no views.
If you don't like this thread being here then stop bumping it:p

From what I understand, the devs are recoding the entire plugin from the ground up. There should be news about it relatively soon.
Relatively soon? It has been one month and 13 days since you said that. I know it will be a long time, but we aren't even getting updates. The outlook seems pretty bleak:(

@silvah777
Maybe you should post this on the mctf2 forums and not the mcsg?
What's with the @silvah777? There is already a link to my profile over there <--.

I posted this here because the MCTF2 forums are a graveyard, they are being moved here eventually (about as fast as MCTF2 is being fixed apparently), and the devs are more likely to see it on a more active forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
What do you mean by the other spawn?
What do you mean you can get to the flag through spawn?
You just said you have played, but you also said there are 2 spawns on 2fort, ummm...
Lightning would just cause FPS lag for people that have laptops.
Warnings don't work, you have to punish people for doing wrong. They do get to respawn after all...
The MCTF2 forums are a graveyard and I am sick and tired of getting no views.
If you don't like this thread being here then stop bumping it:p
You bumped it first

So on 2 fort when you run to the enemy base where the flag is held. If you go in to the spawn you have to go directly across from it where spawn campers usually hide :/
Lightning? I meant like once every 30 seconds like they do on mcsg d-match
A warning and then a lightning strike it's not like its a thunder storm just like 1 strike
Ok, who ever posts underneath this line with the exception for mods is bumping it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Wrong forums dood, but good suggestions.
Just wanted to say, MCTF2 is part of the MCGamer Network and the MCTF2 website is yet to be merged into this one. So no, it isn't the wrong forums.

Relatively soon? It has been one month and 13 days since you said that. I know it will be a long time, but we aren't even getting updates. The outlook seems pretty bleak:(
I've been giving you guys updates. I'll try to find out more at the coming staff meeting.

Last edited:

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Or you know, you could get the actual TF2 and have a blast there instead.

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
You bumped it first

So on 2 fort when you run to the enemy base where the flag is held. If you go in to the spawn you have to go directly across from it where spawn campers usually hide. I am actually lying about playing this game it seems. mctf2 is not tf2 :/
Lightning? I meant like once every 30 seconds like they do on mcsg d-match
A warning and then a lightning strike it's not like its a thunder storm just like 1 strike
Ok, who ever posts underneath this line with the exception for mods is bumping it. I sure hope you do not bump this thread again
Run into the enemy base? Why? Are the bases not mirror images of each other?:confused: The flag is held in the enemy base? No way, really? Directly across from spawn "where spawn campers (don't) hide" is called the Dropdown, but they actually camp next to the Iron in the Courtyard which is not directly across spawn. Are you trolling or just lying about having played MINECRAFT Team fortress 2. MCTF2 is NOT TF2.

Take your lightning and shove it where the clouds don't show. You are not allowed to go into spawn what exactly is lightning every 30 seconds supposed to do? I could have killed someone like 5 times as a spawn killer in 30 seconds.
Maybe posts under your line are replies and not bumps. Please get out of my thread, you are seriously misinformed about everything it seems. I am on the verge of blocking you like this one other guy that would not stop being annoying in my threads.
Or you know, you could get the actual TF2 and have a blast there instead.
TF2 is really good too. I played it when I got it for free on steam in like 2009 for about a year, but when I got Minecraft on Feb 15 (mah B-day) 2010 I stopped playing TF2 except every now and then and played Minecraft. After MCTF2 TF2 is boring now I wish it were not...

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
Just another suggestion:
Make the development server open more than one time so us loyal fans can give better suggestions based on how the new plugin will be.

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
Another suggestion:
Add a /report [offender] command so we do not have to leave a game to report hackers to the staff.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Just another suggestion:
Make the development server open more than one time so us loyal fans can give better suggestions based on how the new plugin will be.
We have to test a lot of things locally before we can open a dev server, especially considering the plugin is being rewritten from the ground up.

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
We have to test a lot of things locally before we can open a dev server, especially considering the plugin is being rewritten from the ground up.
I thought as much. This thread was mostly to raise awareness of MCTF2 and also to serve as a positive outlet for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci