• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's (Un)Official Pokemon League!

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Showdown- CaptButterToast
Skype Name- I have 10,000 unread skype notifications, if you want to get ahold of me; DM me on Twitter (@CaptButterToast) or Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/user/CaptButterToast/)
Rules and Teirs and stuff- #BanTehKhrp2Uberz (Which means yes).
Time Zone- EST

NOTE: I'll be away from my computer for the next week, so if there are any stuffs in that time, don't expect me to respond too often.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Showdown- CaptButterToast
Skype Name- I have 10,000 unread skype notifications, if you want to get ahold of me; DM me on Twitter (@CaptButterToast) or Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/user/CaptButterToast/)
Rules and Teirs and stuff- #BanTehKhrp2Uberz (Which means yes).
Time Zone- EST

NOTE: I'll be away from my computer for the next week, so if there are any stuffs in that time, don't expect me to respond too often.
Accepted, don't worry about the next week or so. I'm planning to give everyone a chance to build a team that gives a rating of (hopefully) >1500. (easy for some people, I know. )

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Showdown Name - FireworkMaster9
Skype Name - Michael (Firework) or FireworkMaster9, Not sure which one shows up.
Have you understood the tiers and rules? - Yup yup!
Time Zone - PST

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
The tournament has been scheduled to start on Sunday the 3rd of August. All respective members must organize a time for themselves, I'm not your babysitter xD Once we receive one more application (making a total of 16) I will make a tournament draw. Please add each other on Skype or in the case of @captbuttertoast and Ikanacanyon7 PM on Skype or use some other means.

Some of you have also not accepted my request on Skype. Please do so, as it is the easiest way to communicate with each other.

FireworkMaster9 you have been accepted.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Accepted, don't worry about the next week or so. I'm planning to give everyone a chance to build a team that gives a rating of (hopefully) >1500. (easy for some people, I know. )
"1,500"

"Easy"

Yeah, see, I like to be creative with my teams, unlike literally every other OU player on Showdown.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Lol Ill probably lose at the first round like in the previous tourney xD

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
"1,500"

"Easy"

Yeah, see, I like to be creative with my teams, unlike literally every other OU player on Showdown.
Hmm, for me, OU doesn't seem to have much space for creative sets, when I want to try something new or gimmicky I tend to go for UU or NU. I don't think anyone plays RU lol

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"1,500"

"Easy"

You can blend creativity and viability. I agree that players using Deo-Sharp plus 4 standard offensive mons and Denisss' baton pass team are severely lacking in imagination, but there are plenty of players pioneering new sets on pokemon and using underrated threats, such as Natural Gift Talonflane and Taunt Mega-Alakazam. I myself got top 10 in UU last gen using Golurk, Rotom-Cut and Qwilfish, as well as going 40 for 3 in OU with a sun team with Kyurem, Starmie and Scarf Heatran.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm, for me, OU doesn't seem to have much space for creative sets, when I want to try something new or gimmicky I tend to go for UU or NU. I don't think anyone plays RU lol
Literally the only reason I play OU is because of Latias, my Latias runs a completely unheard-of set as well, based around Reflect Type. If Latias was UU, I'd drag her, my Gardevoir, my Zoroark, and my Malamar straight into UU (I'd need to ditch Sableye and Wobbufett, I was planing on ditching Sableye anyway and since Shadow Tag was banned to OU Wobbufett is pointless).

Woohoo! Bracket is out! Everyone contact your respective partners and get ready for the first round, which is on Sunday the 3rd of August, 2014!
http://challonge.com/aonz3kkd
Sounds good, I'll be home hopefully by Sunday or Monday.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci