• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lower the Hacker Amount. {SUGGESTION}

Good idea?

• Yes, I want it added to MCSG.

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, don't add it to MCSG.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Yes, with some changes. (Comment below)

• I could care less about hackers.

• Total voters

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
Tada! See what a simple mention can do. Now for me to add my two cents. We or any other server will agree that your idea is a great fast way to reduce the amount of hackers on the system but you must always think of the impacts.

1. What if a user has their chat off or on command only? Then what would happen logically is the system would send them a message and they would never know and next thing they see they are banned for hacking.
  2. What kind of time limit would you set (you would have to set a time limit or they simply ignore it and continue on playing)? 10 seconds is probably good but what if it gets hidden by a whole bunch of other people talking?
  3. As a revision to your idea and one that would not work upon the quick research i just did. Idea: Ban all users who use .help as a command. Problem: You cannot see if anyone is saying .help in the chat log as the hacked client does not send a chat message to the server and if you did ban all those who said .help then you would really be hurting more good players than bad.
In summary this is a great idea on paper but beyond that it really does not work as there could be too many issues.

BrettCraft24

Platinum
Reaction score
The only problem with this is that say you joined a lobby at the very last second and then you went right into the game. Are they going to consider you a hacker because you didn't type .help?

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Good idea buddy :D
Edit: I just read kpwns post. Dream crusher 9000 xD

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
So, I saw this on another server and it was really cool... it was a way to lower hackers easily! So here is how it works:

When you join a server it should make you type .help in chat. If you didn't know, when you are hacking you cannot type .help. I thought of this, I dont know how it could work but please like this post if you think MCSG should use it!​
If I were to de-activate the hacked client, would I be able to type .help?

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
well there are a lot of different hack clients, and maybe that was just a main one people were using on that server.
From memory 2 years back the infamous hack client nodus, you typed -help -fly in the chat, and another one I think you opened a different chat box by using the - key.

So yeah it might stop one type of client, even though you could just go into the script and get rid of the .help command, it wouldn't stop other clients and would be so easy to get around

And yeah some people won't know how to do any of this, but those are the type that go forcefield guns blazing around and get banned in a day. But I know there are people that aren't idiots who do hack and will get around this

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
If I were to de-activate the hacked client, would I be able to type .help?
Yes, but it wouldn't show your client commands.
Do all hacked clients have a period before commands though?
Quite a lot of them do, but some don't have any at all or uses a "-" instead.
I don't know exactly how hack clients work, but if memory serves, some of them use .(message) in order to run commands through the client to access the hacks?

This would be quite clever, and useful. But if it was too common, eventually the hack clients would make some sort of workaround, most likely. But it would definitely be useful.
Also, to avoid spamming chat with it, perhaps find a way to disguise the message, so that it isn't seen?
That is true, many hacked clients have a .say or -say of some sort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci