• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lower the Hacker Amount. {SUGGESTION}

Good idea?

• Yes, I want it added to MCSG.

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, don't add it to MCSG.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Yes, with some changes. (Comment below)

• I could care less about hackers.

• Total voters

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
And as with all hacks out there, client creators would very easily push out a workaround for it.

You cannot just 'stop' hacks, and nobody ever will. While this is a good idea, and may stop hackers for a short while, it will not alleviate the problem forever.
I just said that...

Reaction score
I don't understand exactly how this works, but I do believe it potentially can help out MCSG. Now we just need to get the word out to the developers >_>

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Tbh I'm sure hacked clients would eventually find a way to bypass this, but it's a great temporary idea.
And as with all hacks out there, client creators would very easily push out a workaround for it.

You cannot just 'stop' hacks, and nobody ever will. While this is a good idea, and may stop hackers for a short while, it will not alleviate the problem forever.
Yes, but most users are unexperienced with Minecraft and they would probably be too much of a noob to find a bypass, hacked clients would make a way around it, but it is good for now. Most hackers just try to hack, and if it doesnt work they quit automatically.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Do all hacked clients have a period before commands though?

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I think this would totally work! Not for a long time, but partially until the hacked client creators work a way around it. It definitely would alleviate hackers for a short period of time, but not forever, which is the sad thing. But it would help a lot in the meantime.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know that myself and many others are easily deterred from servers if they have things like 'please agree to our TOS before playing'. This is more or less what this suggestion entails.

As LieutenantIV mentioned, it's quite easy to create workarounds in hacked clients. Sure, the developers can follow their changes and patch them, but the client developers will always be 1 step ahead. Hacks are also a part of the game, believe it or not, even though it's one of (if not the) most frowned upon aspects of the game. There will never be a hack-free Minecraft.

Sorry, the idea works in concept, but in reality I don't see it being too successful.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I know that myself and many others are easily deterred from servers if they have things like 'please agree to our TOS before playing'. This is more or less what this suggestion entails.

As LieutenantIV mentioned, it's quite easy to create workarounds in hacked clients. Sure, the developers can follow their changes and patch them, but the client developers will always be 1 step ahead. Hacks are also a part of the game, believe it or not, even though it's one of (if not the) most frowned upon aspects of the game. There will never be a hack-free Minecraft.

Sorry, the idea works in concept, but in reality I don't see it being too successful.
You have to realize that the people who create hacks create the, and than just stop. Sure hacks are updated but this would help because I know for a fact that at least 1 hacked client uses a dot and that hacked client is the most popular (huzuni). Most hackers are noobs and when they see they cant hack than they quit, and look for a different server to hack on. This would lower the hacker amount at least by 20% which is really good. People are always complaining about hackers, so I came up with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci