• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lobby

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you, although I just figured it out. haha I'm getting 25 fps, which seems pretty bad, considering I've got optifine too and a decent-ish laptop. Do I need to update optifine at all? Because I swear when I first got it I hardly got any lag and now... :(
It works best if you're using the most recent version of optifine. And it's not just having optifine that boosts your FPS, you have to make sure you're playing on the best settings possible, or just enough so that you don't lag if you want.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
The lobby is laggy due to the amount of players logging in at once.

survivalfanatic

Tribute
Reaction score
It works best if you're using the most recent version of optifine. And it's not just having optifine that boosts your FPS, you have to make sure you're playing on the best settings possible, or just enough so that you don't lag if you want.
Well I've got 1.4.6. Is that the latest version? And I've tweaked around with the settings but I'm not noticing much of a change. :/

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you for this - so I'm downloading the open download manager? If you could guide me through this it be much appreciated, as I'm paranoid about get a virus and whatnot. :< lol
Go to the link, skip the ad, and press the link looking thing that said "Download_Optifine_HD_D#_SomethingOrOther" or something like that. Don't press any of those other things though. Then you follow the tutorial to install it on the Minecraft Forum website.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
Go to the link, skip the ad, and press the link looking thing that said "Download_Optifine_HD_D#_SomethingOrOther" or something like that. Don't press any of those other things though. Then you follow the tutorial to install it on the Minecraft Forum website.
Do what he said, after that; Delete you bin and open minecraft. The you can close it. <--- This gives you a fresh bin. Then rename your minecraft.jar minecraft.jar.zip or for windows I believe it is minecraft.jar.rar Then click on it and wait for it to extract into a folder. Open the folder and drag the contents from the Optifine_1 folder into there. It will say these already exist, just replace all of them. Then open you minecraft and you good.

Want to just watch a video on how to install it:

Hope this helped :p

survivalfanatic

Tribute
Reaction score
Do what he said, after that; Delete you bin and open minecraft. The you can close it. <--- This gives you a fresh bin. Then rename your minecraft.jar minecraft.jar.zip or for windows I believe it is minecraft.jar.rar Then click on it and wait for it to extract into a folder. Open the folder and drag the contents from the Optifine_1 folder into there. It will say these already exist, just replace all of them. Then open you minecraft and you good.

Want to just watch a video on how to install it:

Hope this helped :p
haha thanks, although its a bit problematic as I already got the 1.4.6 version of optifine, and so everything I did with winrar etc already been done, if you get what I mean. Sorry, I don't want to spam the thread now, its just I'm rubbish at this sort of stuff. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci