• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Know any better PC recording software than FRAPS?

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I use Dxtory (which produces huge files) and then I edit and render the video in Vegas Pro 12.

I've never tried Fraps but I love Dxtory, it produces different audio tracks rather than just one like Fraps does (apparently).

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
You can edit the settings in Dxtory to make the videos smaller.
I know. I believe I'm actually using a codec which should make the files smaller, but they're still pretty big. I don't mind though, once I render them they're reasonably small.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
I know. I believe I'm actually using a codec which should make the files smaller, but they're still pretty big. I don't mind though, once I render them they're reasonably small.
Same, still smaller than Fraps, though.
It takes me like 45 minutes to render a 3 minute video, about another 30 to upload it.
720P 29.50 FPS

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Same, still smaller than Fraps, though.
It takes me like 45 minutes to render a 3 minute video, about another 30 to upload it.
720P 29.50 FPS
True. Yeah I'm pretty sure I render in 720P at about 30 FPS. Takes me about 30 minutes to render and then about 2 hours to upload it (depending on the length).

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
You'd literally have to turn yourself in, and even then you'd probably be warned. It's just as illegal to upload or listen to copyrighted music on youtube.
Actually, in most cases the music is quickly tagged as third party content and all the ad revenue goes to the song owners (I'm fairly certain.) And anyways, you're still trying to justify stealing.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
RENDER AND COMPRESS RENDER AND COMPRESS.
No, but, I get what you are talking about, Fraps files are huge, 2 gigabytes for like 4 minutes of video.
Dont know how :eek: Teach me your ways!

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
If you've got a GTX 600 or 700 series nVidia is coming out with a programme called Shadowplay soon, which will be very good because it uses a few of the GPU's cuda cores which will be far better optimised than using the CPU, so maybe wait for that?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
You'd literally have to turn yourself in, and even then you'd probably be warned. It's just as illegal to upload or listen to copyrighted music on youtube.
The reason I have still not yet uploaded a single video (Aside from the Breeze Island fishing rod win thing.) is for one reason: I lack the proper software.
In my case, I own a full, paid version of Fraps. (A legit version, in other words.) However, I lack editing software I'm okay with using. The most I currently have is windows live movie maker, and it's already proven to me on several occasions that it's just too limited for what I would want my standard video to be.

...so whenever I mention this to people, I talk about how I would make videos if I owned a $600 copy of Sony Vegas Pro...and I bet you can guess what their response to that is.

I would never, ever use Sony Vegas if it wasn't paid for. It's a $600 program that I could potentially make money off of if I had a youtube partnership. If the line for this kind of stuff is broken anywhere, it's when you're making money off of it, especially when the required amount to pay in order to use it is so steep. Honestly, fraps is no exception in my opinion. Sure, you don't necessarily have to be making money off of it to use it, even for youtube videos...but still.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The reason I have still not yet uploaded a single video (Aside from the Breeze Island fishing rod win thing.) is for one reason: I lack the proper software.
In my case, I own a full, paid version of Fraps. (A legit version, in other words.) However, I lack editing software I'm okay with using. The most I currently have is windows live movie maker, and it's already proven to me on several occasions that it's just too limited for what I would want my standard video to be.

...so whenever I mention this to people, I talk about how I would make videos if I owned a $600 copy of Sony Vegas Pro...and I bet you can guess what their response to that is.

I would never, ever use Sony Vegas if it wasn't paid for. It's a $600 program that I could potentially make money off of if I had a youtube partnership. If the line for this kind of stuff is broken anywhere, it's when you're making money off of it, especially when the required amount to pay in order to use it is so steep. Honestly, fraps is no exception in my opinion. Sure, you don't necessarily have to be making money off of it to use it, even for youtube videos...but still.
Its like $25 per month for Adobe Premiere pro, its a great editing software, I use it at work, its like Sony Vegas, just better I find and not bad for that price per month.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
Dont know how :eek: Teach me your ways![/quote
1. Pirate Sony Vegas, or use WMM, I recommend pirating Sony Vegas.
2. Once on Sony Vegas, drag a video.
3. Right click on video go to a tab which has "Maintain Aspect Ratio" Uncheck it.
4. Go to properties and pick one that fits YouTube, I forgot what it is.
5. then click the floppy disc it'll render it.
For WMM
1. Click Save on the right corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci