• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Know any better PC recording software than FRAPS?

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey everyone, can anybody tell me a good screen recording software that's better than FRAPS? I just find FRAPS irritating.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Personally, I use Dxtory.
Fraps has a frames-per-second cap or something that limited my FPS to 10 whenever I started recording, and I found that I simply could not play with such low FPS, as I'm used to 60+ (I know there's people who play at like 5 FPS, but I'm already used to higher and it was disconcerting to have 10)
Dxtory did not put a cap on my FPS, and when I play on Normal without Optifine, I get perhaps 50-70 FPS, and recording drops it to only maybe 40. I have recorded at 100+ FPS on Short, on a good day. Dxtory also allows you to record both commentary and computer sounds, such as Skype/TeamSpeak and game sounds.
Action! was one that I tried before Dxtory, but it put a watermark on the video and was a bit worse.

RuexMedia3

Survivor
Reaction score
Personally, I use Dxtory.
Fraps has a frames-per-second cap or something that limited my FPS to 10 whenever I started recording, and I found that I simply could not play with such low FPS, as I'm used to 60+ (I know there's people who play at like 5 FPS, but I'm already used to higher and it was disconcerting to have 10)
Dxtory did not put a cap on my FPS, and when I play on Normal without Optifine, I get perhaps 50-70 FPS, and recording drops it to only maybe 40. I have recorded at 100+ FPS on Short, on a good day. Dxtory also allows you to record both commentary and computer sounds, such as Skype/TeamSpeak and game sounds.
Action! was one that I tried before Dxtory, but it put a watermark on the video and was a bit worse.
Fraps records in game sound, skype, and teamspeak, but dxtory let's you record them all separate which is a great feature if you want you're audio to be spot on.
I personally could care less if my audio is spot on so i have always used Fraps it hasn't done anything to make me hate it so i'll keep it.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hey everyone, can anybody tell me a good screen recording software that's better than FRAPS? I just find FRAPS irritating.
Also, are you on a Mac or Windows?
(I don't know if FRAPS is for Mac or not, so I had to ask this.)

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What's wrong with Fraps? It's pretty high quality. Some of the finest use it: Blamph, CraftedMovie, ItsJerryAndHarry, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci