• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Know any better PC recording software than FRAPS?

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
You'd literally have to turn yourself in, and even then you'd probably be warned. It's just as illegal to upload or listen to copyrighted music on youtube.
Eitherway, I dont use it because of the fact its files are too large. If I could find a way to make the files smaller but not less quality I would use it

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Eitherway, I dont use it because of the fact its files are too large. If I could find a way to make the files smaller but not less quality I would use it
It is possible to do that, but only after the video is recorded (And it takes a while, depending on how long the video is)
You can run the video through a program such as Windows Movie Maker, and save it in a special method to reduce the video from like 20 GBs to 500 MBs. That's how I upload all my videos.
However, it only saves ONE audio track, so if FRAPS records in more than one audio track then it won't work perfectly.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
It is possible to do that, but only after the video is recorded (And it takes a while, depending on how long the video is)
You can run the video through a program such as Windows Movie Maker, and save it in a special method to reduce the video from like 20 GBs to 500 MBs. That's how I upload all my videos.
However, it only saves ONE audio track, so if FRAPS records in more than one audio track then it won't work perfectly.
Gotta figure out how to do that now. XD

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Back then I use a program called Bandicam when I use to record First-Person Shooter games. Fraps limits/rounds your fps to 30-60-90-120-180 etc when I'm playing. When playing games that where there are a lot of movement and explosions involved, my fps fluctuates from 90-120-180. The fluctuation causes me to have a huge lag spike and minor screen tears. When I started using Bandicam, this didn't happen because there was no fps limit. But Bandicam does lower your fps quite a bit(30-50 not sure, haven't used it in a long time)

As for Minecraft, Fraps is actually more stable than Bandicam for me. Bandicam gives me very low & unstable fps when I'm recording Minecraft... But Fraps locks me at a solid 60-90fps which is very playable for me.

The quality from Fraps is just unbeatable compared to other pc recording softwares.

-Make sure you bubble in 30fps when you're recording
-Uncheck "Lock framerate while recording"

*If you're playing minecraft at anywhere between 1-100fps(max could be lowerthan 100), Fraps is probably going to limit your fps to 30 because your graphic card isn't able to handle anything higher. Playing at 30fps while recording is unplayable for me and most people because of the choppiness. I would recommend getting a better graphic card. If you're recording and your fps is lower than 30, you definitely need a new graphic card.*

*I've heard some good things about Dxtory, but better from fraps. Fraps produces the best quality and has a great reputation.*

*The video file size from fraps isn't that big when you have 30-fps bubbled in and full-size. A 15-min recording is about 10-15gb i think?(Not sure). Either way, you have to compress(render) the raw fraps file(.avi) to a .mp4(which is recommended for youtube). This will dramatically down-size from 15gb to about 1gb. Then you can delete the raw video file. With a 421gb hard-drive, file size isn't really a problem because I delete the raw video after I've rendered it. You can render the video file to an .mp4 file using editing softwares such as Sony Vegas, Windows Movie Maker, and if you have a mac, the video editing program that a mac gives you(I've heard good things about this one).*

So yeah. This is just from my experience when I was looking for a reliable, quality recording software. Just like your are now.

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
I can record my video, mic, and windows sound(music, skype, teamspeak, minecraft sounds) into one recording without any problems.(If this is what you meant).

Sorry for double posting, but this post just isn't meant to be together with my other post.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
I can record my video, mic, and windows sound(music, skype, teamspeak, minecraft sounds) into one recording without any problems.(If this is what you meant).

Sorry for double posting, but this post just isn't meant to be together with my other post.
I'm not sure many other people do this, but the feature of recording to separate audio tracks comes in handy a lot of the time since I like to remaster my audio.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
RENDER AND COMPRESS RENDER AND COMPRESS.
No, but, I get what you are talking about, Fraps files are huge, 2 gigabytes for like 4 minutes of video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci