• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea to not let maps be overplayed

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
But also,
-Less people would spam with "Vote3, or NOW VOTE FOR 1 AND YOU WILL GET DIAMOND or VOTE SKIP! THESE MAPS SUCK!"
-Less people would come to the forums and make an unneccesary thread for the 100th time about overplayed maps.
-All the maps would be played
-More variety
-Since the map would be randomly chosen it will give more interesting games.

Feel free to add things I missed.
Sadly, there are other problems, too...

-More people would spam "I HATE THIS MAP IT SUCKS." and similar things, followed by leaving the server to look for a new one.
-More people would come to the forums and make an unneccesary thread for the 100th time about how much they hate map x y and z and that they should be removed, and/or asking for the voting system back.
-Some of the maps people hate would be played, and they would leave the server to look for a new one - for example, I myself absolutely refuse to play on Yellowstone. At all. And I know I'm nowhere near alone on that. People having to leave the server for a map that nobody likes anyway...it's extremely annoying for the users without donor and the server becomes temporarily abandoned. (Trust me, as time passed on, I saw maps like Yellowstone being played less and less often, and more and more people leaving when picked - I've seen up to 7 people leave all because it was Yellowstone, and none of them were donors.)
-Got me there, but removing skip would accomplish all the same.
-Again, got me there, but honestly, I still think removing skip is the better option.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Sadly, there are other problems, too...

-More people would spam "I HATE THIS MAP IT SUCKS." and similar things, followed by leaving the server to look for a new one.
-More people would come to the forums and make an unneccesary thread for the 100th time about how much they hate map x y and z and that they should be removed, and/or asking for the voting system back.
-Some of the maps people hate would be played, and they would leave the server to look for a new one - for example, I myself absolutely refuse to play on Yellowstone. At all. And I know I'm nowhere near alone on that. People having to leave the server for a map that nobody likes anyway...it's extremely annoying for the users without donor and the server becomes temporarily abandoned. (Trust me, as time passed on, I saw maps like Yellowstone being played less and less often, and more and more people leaving when picked - I've seen up to 7 people leave all because it was Yellowstone, and none of them were donors.)
-Got me there, but removing skip would accomplish all the same.
-Again, got me there, but honestly, I still think removing skip is the better option.
I love Yellowstone because nobody else knows where the chests are.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I love Yellowstone because nobody else knows where the chests are.
The reason I and many other people dislike it is because of the sheer amount of places to get stuck. Every single game I've played on that map, I've gotten myself stuck in a hole, in an iron door locked room, a fridge, (not joking) on top of a crane, another hole, and many, many other places. Often times when I spectate at corn refill time, there will be 1-2 people roaming around the map, and 5+ stuck somewhere. The games last absolutely forever and it's extremely boring for those who are stuck. (Sometimes, they even lure you into getting stuck with a chest and no indication of it being a trap - the map creators know it traps you, they just don't bother killing you and leave you sitting there all game. You could just leave...but most people don't, so even if you don't get stuck, the game will go on forever.)

That is why I hate Yellowstone with a passion. :|

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
The reason I and many other people dislike it is because of the sheer amount of places to get stuck. Every single game I've played on that map, I've gotten myself stuck in a hole, in an iron door locked room, a fridge, (not joking) on top of a crane, another hole, and many, many other places. Often times when I spectate at corn refill time, there will be 1-2 people roaming around the map, and 5+ stuck somewhere. The games last absolutely forever and it's extremely boring for those who are stuck. (Sometimes, they even lure you into getting stuck with a chest and no indication of it being a trap - the map creators know it traps you, they just don't bother killing you and leave you sitting there all game. You could just leave...but most people don't, so even if you don't get stuck, the game will go on forever.)

That is why I hate Yellowstone with a passion. :|
That's weird... I've never gotten stuck on that map nor have I ever seen anybody stuck...
Maybe they just always die off before I see them. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci