• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea to not let maps be overplayed

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
That's weird... I've never gotten stuck on that map nor have I ever seen anybody stuck...
Maybe they just always die off before I see them. xD
They probably get impatient and leave. :p

Oh, and I guess you're right about knowing where chests are...I always find chests in really odd locations in that map, like in the ceiling of a building...I mean, chests are supposed to be that well hidden...

okay, that's enough hating on the map for me. :| The map just really frustrates me.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
In my opinion you should only be allowed to skip once. That gives an equal chance for maps you like or someone else likes. I think if you take skip out entirely people will just leave servers when the selection of maps are bad. This would also give more variety.

Really this is a lose/lose situation. Do this, people whine,Do that, people whine. And from what I see There's not a middle ground.

MikeArchean

Spectator
Reaction score
Getting rid of the option to skip just wont cut it. Among those four choices, the majority will find one in those four that is popular, and thus will always vote for it, leaving the other three never played. Going back to a Randomized system will completely eradicate popularizing certain maps, making it harder for players to learn certain maps, gaining advantages over others, and revitalizing the way mcsg is supposed to be played. With skill, not knowledge of the best route and always voting for the same map you know best so you almost always win.

Randomized maps make for the best equal chances for everyone.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I have posted this on another thread but my idea is this:

Have certain maps be avialable on certain servers. Have like EU 1 set to have Breeze and Sg4 common. But like, EU 24 have no breeze or SG4 options. That a way, if you are in the mood to play Breeze, go to the servers that have it as an option and if you are annoyed at breeze, just go to a server that doesn't have it.

I feel like if this is done, people won't need to complain anymore. They will always get to play the map they want.

Just make sure they put a guide somewhere on forums here to let us know what servers have what maps avialable.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I have posted this on another thread but my idea is this:

Have certain maps be avialable on certain servers. Have like EU 1 set to have Breeze and Sg4 common. But like, EU 24 have no breeze or SG4 options. That a way, if you are in the mood to play Breeze, go to the servers that have it as an option and if you are annoyed at breeze, just go to a server that doesn't have it.

I feel like if this is done, people won't need to complain anymore. They will always get to play the map they want.

Just make sure they put a guide somewhere on forums here to let us know what servers have what maps avialable.
This idea has been suggested before.
This system will cause that the servers with breeze and sg4 installed will be overloaded and other server would be empty.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Good point. no matter what we do tho, breeze and sg4 will be wanted to play more. There is no way around it. Taking away skip and voting will help nothing. Only thing that will do is get more players jumping from lobby to lobby looking for the map they want.

In the end, it is the same result. People will leave the servers that aren't breeze or sg4 which will make them less populated.. and they will all flock to the servers with the popular maps. It's unaviodable really.

Big Mike 4

Survivor
Reaction score
You guys all they need to do is go by server. Keep the voting and skip. If you play the map this game, then in the lobby you played in it will not have the map you last played in the voting loop for like 2 or 3 games.

loic1212

Diamond
Reaction score
You guys all they need to do is go by server. Keep the voting and skip. If you play the map this game, then in the lobby you played in it will not have the map you last played in the voting loop for like 2 or 3 games.
That seems like a good idea but there probably will be alot of people leaving after Breeze and SG4 got played because they wont be on the list.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
That's how it is already tho lol. people see that a "lame" map is going to be played, and they leave. Its unavoidable. no matter what you do. you can take the skip vote away, you can make everything randomized, keep it how it is currently, either way, players are only gonna play maps they like. You can force them to play different maps.

Best thing in my mind, is just let them choose what maps they want to play. Do it by server. Certain servers play certain maps. Sure, the ones with like Overgrown arena are going to have less players wanting to play it, but, at least they still get to play it.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
That's how it is already tho lol. people see that a "lame" map is going to be played, and they leave. Its unavoidable. no matter what you do. you can take the skip vote away, you can make everything randomized, keep it how it is currently, either way, players are only gonna play maps they like. You can force them to play different maps.

Best thing in my mind, is just let them choose what maps they want to play. Do it by server. Certain servers play certain maps. Sure, the ones with like Overgrown arena are going to have less players wanting to play it, but, at least they still get to play it.
But if Breeze or sg4 isn't on the list a spot for someone willing to play other maps will be free. And trust me, it will be filled up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci